Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RS4 3 Chassis Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:12 AM
Regional Moderator

Default RS4 3 Chassis Help

Last year when I was braking in my RS4 engine the transmitter stopped working and I lost control of the car and it hit the curb. After that I noticed the front of the chassis was bent upward at the front slightly. I didnt know if the chassis was made that way or if that was the result from hitting the curb. It hasnt effected the handling and performance any at all but I still wonder if the chassis was built that way going up slightly at the front. I dont know because I didnt pay attention to it until after I hit the curb. There was a problem with the transmitter it would cut in and out several times causing me loose control of the car. I had it sent off and repaired. Can anyone else with an RS4 3 tell me if the chassis come that way? I hope its not bent.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: RS4 3 Chassis Help

Well, it is now bent--sorry to say that. Better off with a new one, or else you can try hammer it back down to even. Good luck!

Originally posted by nitrous36
Last year when I was braking in my RS4 engine the transmitter stopped working and I lost control of the car and it hit the curb. After that I noticed the front of the chassis was bent upward at the front slightly. I didnt know if the chassis was made that way or if that was the result from hitting the curb. It hasnt effected the handling and performance any at all but I still wonder if the chassis was built that way going up slightly at the front. I dont know because I didnt pay attention to it until after I hit the curb. There was a problem with the transmitter it would cut in and out several times causing me loose control of the car. I had it sent off and repaired. Can anyone else with an RS4 3 tell me if the chassis come that way? I hope its not bent.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Its a very slight bend. You have to look close to see it. You sure the chassis isnt suppose to go up just slightly at the front?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

I had HPI before and yes, I once DID bend the HPI 2.5mm chassis. If you don't care about how the car really handles, it would be fine. But, then you'll have the tough time trying to setup the car to the way you want.

Its a very slight bend. You have to look close to see it. You sure the chassis isnt suppose to go up just slightly at the front?
Old 08-13-2004, 10:48 AM
Regional Moderator

I can post a pic later so you can see and you look and decide.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Also, you can try placing the bottom chassis against a level flat surface and observe if there is any gap along the chassis. If you see none, your chassis is fine, else, it's bent.

Anyway, look forward to seeing the pictures, perhaps others in the forum can help you, as well.

best,

I can post a pic later so you can see and you look and decide.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:01 AM
Regional Moderator

I have just tested it on a flat surface like you said. Just before the front tires where the front bumper is mounted the chassis tapers up a little.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Regional Moderator

And I also held the car by the front bumper and was able to easily flex the chassis down to a flat position but as soon as I would let go it would go back up to its original position. This supports the idea that it came that way and that it may be bent. If I was able to flex it downard to a flat spot then it could have easily bent when it hit the curb. But when I let go and it returns to its original place that says it could of possibly came that way. When the car lost control and hit the curb it was going a little over mid speed and when it hit the curb it stopped it but it kinda rolled up the curb alittle. I think it was going about 20 something when it hit.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:22 AM
Regional Moderator

What version of the RS4 3 do you have?
Old 08-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Nobody knows?
Old 08-13-2004, 09:59 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

no the chassis should be perfectly flat, if it isnt its tweaked.

I would got with a higher end chassis like the wolfpack radicals chassis or the HPI super chassis. they resist bending better. I personally would recomend the wolfpack radicals chassis.