Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Velox V8 ´11 spyshot

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 06:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by avs
for the past few years a step softer front has been common. last week i used 32/35 for qualifiers and 35/37 for the main.

things have changed a lot, 35/30 was the norm on my serpent vector.
Things have indeed changed. Here in Europe we (NL-team) use 30/32 for qualifiers and 32/35 for the mains (or a special mix). We also play around with the rims, depending upon grip and track.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the info guys. Would you think that the light weight semi transparent rim produces more or less grip then the full white ones. We use Enetti or Shepherd tyres which should be the same thing.

Originally Posted by PMSorber
Things have indeed changed. Here in Europe we (NL-team) use 30/32 for qualifiers and 32/35 for the mains (or a special mix). We also play around with the rims, depending upon grip and track.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Pro Models
Thanks for the info guys. Would you think that the light weight semi transparent rim produces more or less grip then the full white ones. We use Enetti or Shepherd tyres which should be the same thing.
Thats a good question . The white normal rim has more flex than the LW, so should generate more grip. On the other side, its better to have a stif rim when the grip gets high on a track, so here the LW is better.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:25 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro Models
like mentioned already either can be better depending on your conditions. also consider the 'motonica' version wheel, pictured to right in the pic. these are much tougher wheels in 2 ways. you can use a longer drive pin on the axle, and there is no thin lip to damage on the outside edge. the longer pin reduces the chance of stripping the wheel, and that lip common to the other styles (gives it that 'deep dish' custom wheel look( is fragile when you 'tap' a board.
Attached Thumbnails -foto-unoaotto.jpg  
Old 06-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Anytime you are trying to match tires to special track conditions, you have to look at the selection of tires provided by GQ Racing Tires. When you get flex in the rim it is an action that suspension system has to be setup to use the flex. If the flex is on the outer portion of the rim (as well as some of the rest of the rim) it is an undetermined amount on each turn. If the rim flexes on entry and in middle of turn you have slowed down your car. On power from middle of turn and out the flex will help grip.

GQ Racing tires have solved the problem with trying to get flex for grip and yet not to loose speed in different parts of the turn. Their Soft rims, whether in the Pro White rims and or Carbon Rims for both 1:10th and 1:8th Nitro cars, maintains the stiff outer portion of the rim for entry and middle speed. Then the soft part of the rim is from the inside of the outer portion of the rim to the inside of the rim. This flex will give excellent grip for on power middle and exit portions of the turn. Maintaining high speed into and going out of turn. The soft rims also work on bumpy, cold, and loose grip tracks.

The soft rim is manufactured with costly high tech machines with a formulated plastic especially for this use. So whether your weather is very hot and you need carbon rims (or high grip), or normal temps and you can use Pro White rims the selection of the right can be made without forfeiting speed in any part of your turns.
Old 06-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Interesting info. Tks all. Would like to see some info on setups especially from tracks like Cassino in Italy. I'll be visiting the track this coming September and it would be great to have a pointer to start off with.
Old 06-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Getting back to the subject of our Velox V8 cars, the V8 '11 upgrade kits are now available to USA racers. You can see a picture of what the complete upgrade kit includes on our websites (www.tma-motorsports.com) face page. Once you see what you are getting with the V8 '11 upgrade kit you can understand the value. We are helping racers out a bit by offering free shipping with the purchase of the upgrade kit.

I believe racers will now find there will be a fluid and consistent supply of kits, parts, and accessories for all Shepherd cars now in the USA. So tell a friend about your car! An increase of racers out there with Shepherd Cars will help bring more attention to this excellent car and make it even more fun when at races.... if that is possible!!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what the standard front pulley on the v8 eleven is? I am rebuilding my car after a crash and ordered a new 27t pulley. But when i checked in the manual it shows 26t. But when i counted the teeth on the pulley that was with the eleven kit again and it is also 27
Old 06-23-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
Does anyone know what the standard front pulley on the v8 eleven is? I am rebuilding my car after a crash and ordered a new 27t pulley. But when i checked in the manual it shows 26t. But when i counted the teeth on the pulley that was with the eleven kit again and it is also 27
The 26t goes on the jackshaft. A 27t goes on the one way. Hope this helps.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:58 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ice_nl
by 'front' pulley it is unclear if you mean the front pulley for the front belt or middle belt.

the front belt drives the oneway with 27 teeth and a hex drive (pre '09 was 24 )

the middle belt drives a 25 or 26, with a 4sided adapter. the 26 is the default.

so the 4 vs 6 sided hole should clearly indicate where the part is used.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Default front belt

Hello everyone. I was into the build of my V8 and the bottom of the front belt seems to contact the chassie. Has anyone noticed or had this problem? I have the bearing block at the end of its adjustment towards the rear of the car. Belt still seems to loose. Thanks in advance. Ken
Old 06-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kmh
Hello everyone. I was into the build of my V8 and the bottom of the front belt seems to contact the chassie. Has anyone noticed or had this problem? I have the bearing block at the end of its adjustment towards the rear of the car. Belt still seems to loose. Thanks in advance. Ken
Sounds to me like you have the 24t front pulley with the new 117 long belt. Make sure you have the 27t front pulley on the one way and a 18t on the jackshaft, along with the long front belt.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:09 PM
kmh
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
Sounds to me like you have the 24t front pulley with the new 117 long belt. Make sure you have the 27t front pulley on the one way and a 18t on the jackshaft, along with the long front belt.
manual says-60.35.13-pulley 18T '09
60.61.17-front belt 210mm '09
60.62.13-pulley for oneway 27T '09
Belt seems to long.If I put pressure on the top of the belt, it then raises up off the chassie. What am I dealing with here?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Count the teeth. Make sure they really are the 18 and 27 tooth pulleys. If they are the 16 and/or 24, the belt will be too long for them.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
The 26t goes on the jackshaft. A 27t goes on the one way. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by avs
by 'front' pulley it is unclear if you mean the front pulley for the front belt or middle belt.

the front belt drives the oneway with 27 teeth and a hex drive (pre '09 was 24 )

the middle belt drives a 25 or 26, with a 4sided adapter. the 26 is the default.

so the 4 vs 6 sided hole should clearly indicate where the part is used.
Thanks, I misread the manual, i was looking at the middle belt pulley instead of the one way. After the crash i did a complete rebuild. Also made a build report of the eleven car.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.