Search

Kyosho V-ONE SIII help

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kyosho V-ONE SIII help

I'm looking into getting a kit very soon,
I have noticed a few people on here have them and such..

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some sort of list? containing all the stuff I will need on top of the kit (LHS wasn't very helpful)

So far I'm presuming,
Tools,
Loctite,
Radio and reciever,
Sevos (not sure)
and grease for diffs etc

I'd really appreciate anything you guys can suggest..
Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well.for start let the grease of.try some silicon fluid.
the s3 has front spool so for rear try around 10000 with rubber tires.20000-30000 for foams.it your taste.also some silicons for the shocks.a 300 and a 500 will be ok.

then for batteries make you a favor and buy from the start a life 6.6v pack for the receiver and a charger that can charge lipo and life batteries too.(except nimh and nicd.)

about tools.you need some screwdrivers.not allen.

servos try the savox line.they are cheap and quick.

radio:try a sport 2.4gh like futaba or spectrum or airtronics

if you need something else we are here to help you out!

Originally Posted by Boneyards66
I'm looking into getting a kit very soon,
I have noticed a few people on here have them and such..

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with some sort of list? containing all the stuff I will need on top of the kit (LHS wasn't very helpful)

So far I'm presuming,
Tools,
Loctite,
Radio and reciever,
Sevos (not sure)
and grease for diffs etc

I'd really appreciate anything you guys can suggest..
Old 09-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up servos

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
well.for start let the grease of.try some silicon fluid.
the s3 has front spool so for rear try around 10000 with rubber tires.20000-30000 for foams.it your taste.also some silicons for the shocks.a 300 and a 500 will be ok.

then for batteries make you a favor and buy from the start a life 6.6v pack for the receiver and a charger that can charge lipo and life batteries too.(except nimh and nicd.)

about tools.you need some screwdrivers.not allen.

servos try the savox line.they are cheap and quick.

radio:try a sport 2.4gh like futaba or spectrum or airtronics

if you need something else we are here to help you out!

you will better not buy savox servos they tend to be burnt up after a few time of use me and some friends had the same problem better go for the vortex Team Orion they are a little bit expensive but a very good quality you will never break it and performance as well
Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by v one rrr power
you will better not buy savox servos they tend to be burnt up after a few time of use me and some friends had the same problem better go for the vortex Team Orion they are a little bit expensive but a very good quality you will never break it and performance as well
i think that they are the same servos.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Alright, cheers.

Well I've got a 1600mAh pack in the savage, but I don't think it'll fit.
I've already got a IMAX B6 charger.

I've got a spektrum DX3s radio and RX.

With shock oils and diff oils etc, I'm new to all the numbers etc
Old 10-01-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Most tools are standard like screwdrivers and allens. You will however need a couple special tools. One for the clutch adjustment, pinion gear install and removal. Glow plug wrench.

If you can and I recommend it as it comes with most of the common tools used on nitro touring cars, get the Hudy Set for Nitro Touring cars.

Then get yourself a bottle of BLUE locktite. Do not use the red, you want to be able to remove everything.

Your radio will work, but you need a compatable receiver from Spektrum and bind it. You can program the radio for each vehicle separately. You could purchase a faster radio if you plan to get into racing competitively as the DX3S is a sport system and not really a race system. Not necessary unless you really want to get into competition. If you want to upgrade everything there's lots of options. Spektrum makes a DX3R or you can look at something like a Ko Propo EX-10 which is what I use. This is going to be preference. You'd have to feel the radios in your hand.

Servos, this is where I ask how competitive are you planning to be? If you are going to be competing in more than club level races then I'd recommend something fast. I like Futaba servos for on-road. The S9351 is a good digital high speed servo. For something more economical take a look at the S3305 servo. The 3305 is the most economical, about $35 a piece. That's what I use because I am not a good enough driver to get the most out of the higher speed servos. They've lasted a long time for me and always have worked flawlessly in my V-One RRR. Any manufacturer makes servos that would be just fine. Hitec, JR, Ace, Orion, Futaba, even spektrum makes some decent ones. Check out the numbers. They are rated in oz for torque and how long it takes the servo to move 60deg. A fast servo will mofr 60deg in .08 to .13 sec @ 6v. That's faster than normal human reaction time but you will never be limited by the speed of the servo that way.

Diff and Shock oil...this is where things get tricky because it changes the way the car drives. Personally I use Serpent oil (perhaps xceed brand now) in the shocks. I use 700cst shock oil all around to keep things pretty neutral(not too hard not too light). Oil is rated in centerstrokes (cst) and the lower the number the thinner the oil so the shocks will be a bit softer. This works the same with diffs too. Diff oil is a lot thicker than shock oil so do not confuse the two.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Great post, thanks for that!

I'm going to head over to the LHS and get a price list written up of what I'll need and go from there.