Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MRX-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

And does anybody know where you can get a spool for an MRX4. I have never seen one.
On the site that was mentioned I saw one but it was for an MTX3 if i'm not mistaken.
Greetz
Old 11-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
And does anybody know where you can get a spool for an MRX4. I have never seen one.
On the site that was mentioned I saw one but it was for an MTX3 if i'm not mistaken.
Greetz
http://www.gasrccar.com/
In that web site it explains other benefits of having a lock diff.. Try scrolling down on the page and you'll see the ones for the mrx4. I just got mines today so when I build mines and run it I'll let you know how it goes..
Old 11-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by asw7576
Do you refer to Spool ( Solid front axle ) ??

Spool is good for technical track ( lots of braking before tight turns ) with poor to medium bite asphalt. It's new trend in electric cars now.

Are you sure MRX4 have Spool option ?

The risk : see M7H above

The benefit : you can enter tight corner very fast, brake, and exit like hell.

I think No too because 1). 1/8 cars usually have wide sweeping corners. 2). The middle and front belts might tear apart.
Have you used a spool before? If so how did you like it...
Old 11-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've got a custom made front spool for a MRX 3. I know it won't fit the 4 but I'd prefer to run a one way. But if you'd like to try it good luck. I've never seen a spool for the 4 on any retail web site.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

I think u should stick with the oneway.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Pooh,

You going to the WinnerNats???

If you are? I want in on that little bet of yours....

Later
Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I think u should stick with the oneway.
What's new Pooh...I'm leaving for the toys for tots race in CA in 2 days. Man I can't wait...sunny weather...blondes....on-road fuel racing....blondes....
Old 11-29-2005, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Hehe..blondes. LOL. I wont be able to go up there though n have to miss out on the fun. Ah well, check out what's in the background...besides the opened door. A further step into pro level!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
Hehe..blondes. LOL. I wont be able to go up there though n have to miss out on the fun. Ah well, check out what's in the background...besides the opened door. A further step into pro level!
Nice big GUN you have there . You must have BIG plan for next season hehe. Btw is it a Z-1? I bet it shoots plasma beams.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Yeah it is the Z1. I got it for $310. It's synth and that feature is great out of the box compared to other radio's with just one channel. It did glitch quite a bit in the R40 and the problem turned out to be the Venom failsafe; it doesn't like it. I removed it and problem solved. However on the 8th onroad, I never have a problem with any sort of glitching. On the 8th is the JR 650 servo and futaba S3003, and the R40 has the Hi-625mg steering/HB stock servo throttle. So far this radio is really easy to scroll through settings and make adjustments without having to push a button to get to a setting and/or hold down one button and press another. Sweet looking radio! Now all I have to wait for is the Hudy setup boards and spektrum.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Master

Congrats to the 1/8 scale winners of the Toys for Tots in Crystal Park.

Mikey - MRX4
Ron R - MRX3
Ron C - MRX4

go Mugen!!
Old 12-10-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys

i'm thinking about getting a mrx-4...

some questions..............

1. is it worth it to get it now or is there a newer version coming out soon that would be worth the wait? maybe a prospec or something?

2. what kind of spare parts are must-haves in the box?

3. what motor would be ok? is the novarossi plus ok? i want something reliable and it's gotta be novarossi or rb only.

thanks for your thoughts.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
hey guys

1. is it worth it to get it now or is there a newer version coming out soon that would be worth the wait? maybe a prospec or something?

2. what kind of spare parts are must-haves in the box?

3. what motor would be ok? is the novarossi plus ok? i want something reliable and it's gotta be novarossi or rb only.

thanks for your thoughts.
Joe,

1. The car is actually still new in the market and no doubt one of the best cars out there. I don't think there will be a another "osaka"(upgraded) version that will come out since the stock is already "very" competetive. I ran my car stocked and i'm quite very happy with it.

2. Parts you should have in your pit box are:
belts(front and rear)
spurs
pinions

3. I do not have any experience with those novarossi plus.. Novarossi R1(if you can find it)/RB/JP are great engines ... depends on your budget.. either one of those are good.

good luck Sir.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Jo Gutierrez]hey guys

Go for the mrx-4 i chose it over the Kyosho and the serpent and i have no regrets.

Even if there was a prospec version coming out, im sure all the parts that they would put standard on the car already available hopups.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Jo,

You can look at mine anytime. The new front bulkheads and rear shocks are about the only thing needed. I always have a ton of parts so I can help you there when needed.

It is a excellent car, I use a Rex321p modified, but nay good .21 engine, and there is a selection would be fine.

Now we can travel to the same spots to race.... Las Vegas in January!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.