Wiki Posts
Search

Should I make this????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Pretty cool Mop man!

Originally posted by HELLION
That box I sent you the bodies in looks like they just threw it off the plane! LOL Did they get damaged?
yup the box looks like they had a GREAT TUMBLING MOMENT in the plane. actually those bodies are safe and sound. no damage on them. thanks to your protection measures... and also thanks for the KITCHEN TOWEL.... i can use that! LOL....

I like your dotted line pics! Did you have a chance to test them? They are selling here faster then I can make them!
thanks! i really want to see what is the different between yoru body and protoform. as you said in your email to me.... your body is actually 3grams heavier than the protoform. To me the stiffness of the body is more important because we need to maintain the profile of the body so that it doesnt FLEX while in high speed.... which is COOL! and CONGRATULATIONs on the selling dude!... proud of you !!! really!

My mom fell ill so that put me a little behind but I'll get them out to you all as soon as I can! The elec.touring guys talked me into doing a car (190mm) for them Here's a rough draft
sorry to hear about your mom. hope she will have a SPEEDY recovery.... no rush on my bodies ... coz i have 2 more to play!!! hehehehe....

the sketch you have for the 190mm.... whoaaaaa DTM style!

how about this?
we gonna have a DTM race this coming 16th-18th july.... i will take some photos for you...
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-shanghai-dtm-race-16-18th-july.jpg  
Old 07-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Default http://www.webspawner.com/users/dahellion/

http://www.webspawner.com/users/dahellion/

THE WEBSITE INCLUDES PHOTO GALLERY showing CRASH TESTs....

mop

Last edited by mop_iko; 07-15-2004 at 01:55 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default ILMAO

God leave it to the mop man to find somthing like that Ummmm I put very few search engines on that site cause it wasent ready at the time and now it's a little outdated AND!!! The crash test pics are from using .040 Lexan which you can see from the chunks missing out of the front was the reason I went back to .030 Btw I was racing that day and when I got home a friend said so how did u do today and I said well looks like I dont need to do the crash tests this week on this body!!! He was trying to keep a straight face but he caved and couldent stop laughing
Old 07-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the great update mop, and good work on the bodies hellion
Old 07-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: ILMAO

God leave it to the mop man to find somthing like that Ummmm I put very few search engines on that site cause it wasent ready at the time and now it's a little outdated AND!!! The crash test pics are from using .040 Lexan which you can see from the chunks missing out of the front was the reason I went back to .030 Btw I was racing that day and when I got home a friend said so how did u do today and I said well looks like I dont need to do the crash tests this week on this body!!! He was trying to keep a straight face but he caved and couldent stop laughing
what is the weight difference between the 2 bodies .040 and .030?
Old 07-17-2004, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Default Re: http://www.webspawner.com/users/dahellion/

Originally posted by mop_iko
http://www.webspawner.com/users/dahellion/

THE WEBSITE INCLUDES PHOTO GALLERY showing CRASH TESTs....

mop
looks very nice!
Old 07-17-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default weight diff!

I don't recall off hand what the diference between .030 and.040 But it wasent enough to cause problems but if you looked at that old website you can see that they don't bend very well. That said I did decide to keep making some 40s because they are the best on the big tracks and also some times I'll screw up making a body and it will have something weard on it . I won't sell them but I hate to throw them away! I got another one of my hair brain ideas I'm going to cut the front clip off them (windshield forward) and see how they work as guards for .040bodies and even cars that have a nice paint job that don't want to chance doing what I did to that poor car in the site Ill let you know on that one
Old 07-18-2004, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Talking Re: weight diff!

I don't recall off hand what the diference between .030 and.040 But it wasent enough to cause problems but if you looked at that old website you can see that they don't bend very well. That said I did decide to keep making some 40s because they are the best on the big tracks and also some times I'll screw up making a body and it will have something weard on it . I won't sell them but I hate to throw them away! I got another one of my hair brain ideas I'm going to cut the front clip off them (windshield forward) and see how they work as guards for .040bodies and even cars that have a nice paint job that don't want to chance doing what I did to that poor car in the site Ill let you know on that one

Thats what I like hellion always looking to improve on a product. Good job dude.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Rat's

Guys I'm redoing D/H1 wing The reason for this is I backed off on the original wing that I built because it looked to Outlaw and bye doing this It's making some of the cars loose! (bad decision on my part) I have finished with the new design that should be ok with ROAR Here' the original one that worked so good
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-helloins-wing.jpg  
Old 07-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Suspended

Default I got an idea....

I ran these two this weekend and they where a big hit. The hood scoops look a lot better then cutting holes in the windshield but still working on fueling them. One has a tilt body but I lost a little time refueling it. The other has a fuel ck valve in the back.
They look really cool sitting on the car, but why not find a way to rout the air intake straight to the carb for one duct, and the other straight to the motor head. That way, it would be like direct cooling and ram air induction.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Default Re: I got an idea....

Originally posted by RcRacerX
They look really cool sitting on the car, but why not find a way to rout the air intake straight to the carb for one duct, and the other straight to the motor head. That way, it would be like direct cooling and ram air induction.
wouldnt the direct air to the carb lean the motor out?
Old 07-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Rat's

Guys I'm redoing D/H1 wing The reason for this is I backed off on the original wing that I built because it looked to Outlaw and bye doing this It's making some of the cars loose! (bad decision on my part) I have finished with the new design that should be ok with ROAR Here' the original one that worked so good
WHOAAAAAAAA>.... love the OUTLAW rear wing!!!

how do you install it to your body?

do you offer 2 OPTIONS for the WING when somebody purcahse your bodies? LEGAL and OUTLAW rear wing?

mop
Old 07-22-2004, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: I got an idea....

Originally posted by Marcos.S710
wouldnt the direct air to the carb lean the motor out?
you can alway richen it a bit! hehehehe...

mop
Old 08-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Master

Default DH1's WING WOES going to END!!!

if you follow the story of DH1.... youwill notice there is a so called 'wing woes' (as being said by DaHellion)...

follow this link to read the DH1's WING WOES thread.

Now.... the EVER GOING RESEARCH and DEVELOPMENT by DaHellion has found out a couple of ways to reduce the problem for the REAR WING of DH1.

but first of all.... DH1 initially is an OUTLAW BODY. Da Hellion first designed it to be like that. and no matter how he do to the wing to make it legal to ROAR... sitll the outcome is not good for the DH1.

To whom has the DH1 and has a problem of the REAR END of the car FISH TAILING....... Da Hellion suggested to cut the rear bumper of the body. because he said... the fish tailing of the car was caused by the INTERNAL TURBULANCE underneath the rear bonnet. He found out this problem after he did some test in his tunnel and also real run of his car on the track. he actually copared to body (one with and one without the cut on the rear bumper). the handling difference is between 'day and night'.

BUT....

DaHellion... still proceed with his R&D to make DH1 a better body. Now he is designing a new latest 3D rear wing (i got the pic but cant show you all...hehehehe) along with a new design of the AIR INTAKE SCOOP that will direct the air flow nicely until it wont create the internal turbulance underneath the rear bonnet.

so... keep in touch with this thread.... you will see a new DESIGN of DH1 with new 3D WING and NEW AIR INTAKE SCOOP..... and he is gonna test them in his NEW WIND TUNNEL which uses.... MIST and laser lights... wow!

yeah!

mop
Old 08-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Tech Master

Default to all DH1 (ver. 1) owners outhere

OK... it has been quite some time i didnt play with DH1 ver1 (that is what i call it - maybe its wrong...)

this body was received from hellion and i did the TEMPRETURE TESTING long time ago.

during the TEMP TEST i have found out that the rear of the car will fish tailing... and this issue has been told to public by HELLION himself in his THREAD called WING WOES (do a search on the title if you want to read more).

he already deisgn a better rear wing for DH1... but as for me i did not have the latest design of the rear wing... thus i have some discussion with him how to reduce the fish tailing effect if i still want to use the rear wing given to me last time.

From discussion with him... he told me that the FISH TAILING of my car was caused by INTERNAL TURBULANCE underneath the body especially at the rear part of the body.... so he suggested to open up (CUT OUT) the rear bumper to let the air out.

what i did today was NOT TO CUT the rear bumper but only punch a few holes and the result was EXCELLENT... the car suddently follows my COMMAND.... take a look at the picture.

so, now i got a FAST BODY without hole on the front windshield (except for my fuel tank ZIP TIE - see next picture)....and most importantly the body let the rear tyre stick to the tarmac.

woooooooohoooooooo.

mop
Attached Thumbnails Should I make this????-hellion-body-test08.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.