Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro RS4 3 hop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro RS4 3 hop-ups

Hey guys
i have an RS4 3 with a 2 speed and rest is stock and i was wondering what the best upgrades for it were.
thanx
Old 04-14-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

What do you plan on doing with this car. I have the same car and the two speed is probably the best upgrade. If you're planning on racing it I would say STOP upgrading it and get a better car. Not that the RS4 is a bad car. It's a pretty tough car, I like mine and I don't plan on getting rid of it. There are just much more race ready and tweakble cars out there for racing. Now, if you're just using it for bashing and racing around parking lots and such, I would reccomend a new pipe and the threaded shock kit by HPI, The pipe with give it a little more when you punch it and the threaded shocks will let you tune the suspension a little more plus they look sweet.
Please realize I'm not trying to talk down about the RS4 here. I was just trying to race mine at local tracks and now I realize that it's probably not the most cometative car to do that with. Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Rookie

i know what ur sayin. do you have any suggestions on pipes. i was lookin at the THS pipe. Any good?
thanx
Old 04-15-2004, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Personally I wouldn't put anymore money into the car if you are planning to race it. But that is your choice my friend.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

The THS Pipe is excellent. Good power all across the powerband!
Old 04-15-2004, 06:18 PM
Tech Rookie

im not gunna race it. im just gunna drive around on the street. ill probably occasionally take it to the track buty not to race.
thanx
Old 04-15-2004, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

I have the THS pipe and it's great. Noticable power and a nice tone. A bit pricey, but I like it. It looks very sweet too. But that shine has been long gone on mine.