Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn LAB-C01

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speed6
I am using the stock belts but my rear gear is getting to filled up and it's just this gear the rest is very clean can't understand the reason. The white ball cups have their sixth outing and already there is to much play even though I clean them thoroughly. Just to be sure the ball has to be inserted from where its marked with a ring right?
Check if the exhaust system or engine is leaking. It might spray oil/unburned fuel on the pulley.

Yes the ball needs to be inserted from the somewhat rougher side.
I'm sorry but I can't help on them wearing out after 6 runs, they should last longer then the stock ones.
Did you check the diameter of the balls themselves, maybe those are worn?.

Wheel Hex Hub Offset +0,75 - 2PCS what's the stock than and is it for rear or front?

New servo saver with a 13 Ackerman position, benefits?

Aluminium pillow balls hard coated is it worth investing?

Thanks guys
The kit comes with -0.75 hubs for the front and 0 hubs for the rear.
You can use any type of hub for the front or rear, it's a setup thing.
For instance more front offset (0 or 0.75 hubs) will give more steering on turn in.

If my calculations are right the 13mm steering mount gives less ackermann effect. So less difference in angle between both wheels when turning in.
Generally this gives a better handling car on high grip tracks.

The aluminum pivot balls give a massive reduction in unsprung weight. And in a racing car you want to keep the unsprung weight to an absolute minimum. The less unsprung weight the more the damper can focus on maintaining optimal wheel contact instead of damping all the suspension pieces move up and down.
In theory you can also go lighter in springs and dampers, less damping and softer springs equals more overall traction.

However the aluminum ones are more vulnerable, I wouldn't advice them on a track like Ft. myers with the solid track barriers.
Last year I bend two of the front aluminum pivot balls, for this year I will using the steel ones on the front end and the aluminum ones on the rear end.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Radio Plate

Has anyone had a chance to run the new radio plate (CAP-18011-FFS) looks like they cut the heck out of it and should give even more traction..

-Chris
Old 02-08-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Is there really a need to use disc springs in Capricorn clutches. Aren't disc springs heavier than coil springs? Capricorn clutches are intentionally made as light as possible, and that's one reason why they are better. We already have the best clutches in the RC world, and there are a multitude of coil springs from all manufacturers to choose from. Most; if not all the drivers in the Worlds 2010 final used Capricorn clutches, and I doubt that there were any disc springs in their clutches. But it would be interesting to hear from someone that can enlighten me further on this issue?

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Guys used the Xray 1/10 disc spring kit with 10 - 6 x 0.4 and 4 x 0.6

Feels smooth liked it personally but i don't think it will make you faster maybe more consistent and ,aybe less tyre wear if you have a lot of chicanes like we have.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by austindiver
Has anyone had a chance to run the new radio plate (CAP-18011-FFS) looks like they cut the heck out of it and should give even more traction..

-Chris
Will try it this weekend was supposed to have some test the past weekend but weather didn't permit unfortunatly

Will let you know the outcome.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Loving my C02

Hi guys,

Thanks for the great knowledge base.

Does any one know the poundage of the kit Black Springs.

I have a National here in South Africa this weekend and would like to know where I am starting from

Thanks

Karl
Old 02-08-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by karlfawcett
Hi guys,

I have a National here in South Africa this weekend and would like to know where I am starting from

Thanks

Karl
Great question

actually it would be great if anyone knows also about the RED and WHITE poundage aswell

Thanks
Old 02-08-2012, 10:42 AM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

The kit comes with -0.75 hubs for the front and 0 hubs for the rear.
Sorry, but I think it comes with -0.75 hubs for the front and +0.75 hubs for the rear.

For me the front -0.75 hubs was a problem, since I couldn't mount the Matrix Carbon tire which is 0 offset. It was impossible. I've had to mount +0.75 in front too for that tires.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by karlfawcett
Hi guys,

Thanks

Karl
Great question

actually it would be great if anyone knows also about the RED and WHITE poundage aswell

Thanks

Tonight I will make a spring chart which also has all the stiffness in N/mm or Lb/inch

Originally Posted by TMF
Sorry, but I think it comes with -0.75 hubs for the front and +0.75 hubs for the rear.

For me the front -0.75 hubs was a problem, since I couldn't mount the Matrix Carbon tire which is 0 offset. It was impossible. I've had to mount +0.75 in front too for that tires.
My kit came with 5,5mm and 4,75mm thick hubs. For me the 5,5mm ones are 0 offset because this is the same size as Xray uses.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:20 PM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Ok Daan, what you say makes sense.

I just looked the reference in the instruction manual and searched them in the Cap website (CAP-255 and CAP-255+):

CAP-255 http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1262

CAP-255+ http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1315
Old 02-08-2012, 01:26 PM
TMF
Tech Initiate

Just one more question:

Do you think Xray light purple (pink) sprigns are similar to Capricorn red ones?

If yes, are the pink softer than the stock black?
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TMF
Ok Daan, what you say makes sense.

I just looked the reference in the instruction manual and searched them in the Cap website (CAP-255 and CAP-255+):

CAP-255 http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1262

CAP-255+ http://www.capricornrc.com/capricorn...d_product=1315
Yes I know they are listed as such, but if I measure them there is only a 0,75mm between the hubs so they can't be -0,75 and +0,75 as that's a 1,50mm difference.
I will ask Patrizio about it.

Originally Posted by TMF
Just one more question:

Do you think Xray light purple (pink) sprigns are similar to Capricorn red ones?

If yes, are the pink softer than the stock black?
The Xray front pinks are 5,87N/mm and the rears are 5,25N/mm
Old 02-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Hereby the spring chart with spring ratings:

http://www.dsmotorsport.nl/downloads...values-copy-2/

Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Hereby the spring chart with spring ratings:

http://www.dsmotorsport.nl/downloads...values-copy-2/

Hey DS you are the man! Thanks

Almost fell from my chair if what am I seeing is true.
Are the black springs harder than the RED how come if in a hand compression the RED feel stiffer. In my last race I mounted rear reds in order to get more steering since I thought it was stiffer but soooo all I bloody did is make the car more stable.

DS could you kindly confirm this, also it seems that the RED spring had different batches as I saw dark red and bright red, mine are the bright version.

Now that's a discovery of how my steering got worse
Old 02-08-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Hey DS you are the man! Thanks

Almost fell from my chair if what am I seeing is true.
Are the black springs harder than the RED how come if in a hand compression the RED feel stiffer. In my last race I mounted rear reds in order to get more steering since I thought it was stiffer but soooo all I bloody did is make the car more stable.

DS could you kindly confirm this, also it seems that the RED spring had different batches as I saw dark red and bright red, mine are the bright version.

Now that's a discovery of how my steering got worse
Push both springs together and you will see the red one will bottom out faster compared to the black one.
I've got the dark red, almost brownish springs which came with the EC kit.
Also on the track the red springs felt softer.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Push both springs together and you will see the red one will bottom out faster compared to the black one.
I've got the dark red, almost brownish springs which came with the EC kit.
Also on the track the red springs felt softer.
I used the red springs on a mildy bumpy track. It really handled well and is natively suited to the Front droop 0 Rear droop 4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.