Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does it Really GO 60MPH+??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Does it Really GO 60MPH+??

Is the claim from traxxas about the 4-TEC going 60+ MPH true?

Last edited by Techart27; 02-29-2004 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Try it, get a 4Tec and Get a speed gun. If it doesnt go 60Mph+, you can sell it or keep it... Just a thought
Old 02-29-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Supposedly it will. The guy at my lhs said he had a cop radar their shop car and said it hit 62 mph. They go fast is a straight line, but dont turn very well.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by MugenMTX3Kid
Try it, get a 4Tec and Get a speed gun. If it doesnt go 60Mph+, you can sell it or keep it... Just a thought
Thanks Tommy, like that helps..........
Old 02-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Going really fast in a straight line with an RC car is very exciting....

For about ten minutes. Then the novelty wears off. You can make just about any nitro rc car go 60 with the right gearing and tuning. The hard part is having a space big enough to do it in, and having the ability to see it clearly. Going 60, it only takes a few seconds to get too far away to control.

Quality, handling ability, durability, parts availability, and value are all more important than top speed.

Any modern two-speed nitro touring car is stupid fast!! Consider all the factors.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bodido
Going really fast in a straight line with an RC car is very exciting....

For about ten minutes. Then the novelty wears off. You can make just about any nitro rc car go 60 with the right gearing and tuning. The hard part is having a space big enough to do it in, and having the ability to see it clearly. Going 60, it only takes a few seconds to get too far away to control.

Quality, handling ability, durability, parts availability, and value are all more important than top speed.

Any modern two-speed nitro touring car is stupid fast!! Consider all the factors.
Old 03-02-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Another good example of how important is "PACKAGING" has to do with the products itself. When the ad/box said 60+mph........that automatically attract ppl at least ask the question or look more.

No wonder MBA degree is still one of the most money making degree ever..........
Old 03-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Adept

Our team consists of 8 nitro 1/10 200mm racers, we all belong to a club.

Of those 8 cars we have 1 NTC3 (mine) and I'm currently leading the standings, 4 serpents, 1 4-tec Traxxas and 2 mugens.

The guy with the 4 tec is extremely fast down the straight, but either rolls his car on the turn, or just bangs into the sidewall. He has fixed soooo many parts on his car and I note that he is a very good driver too.

The other cars/drivers are fairly good. The 4-tec just cannot be hooked-up and dialed-in for an all-around good perfomance. It has speed, make no mistake, but in most cases a straight makes up only 25% of the track. The NTC3 is a killer all-round, especially on the inside sections of our semi-technical track

Cheers
Old 03-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Punkynutt
Our team consists of 8 nitro 1/10 200mm racers, we all belong to a club.

Of those 8 cars we have 1 NTC3 (mine) and I'm currently leading the standings, 4 serpents, 1 4-tec Traxxas and 2 mugens.

The guy with the 4 tec is extremely fast down the straight, but either rolls his car on the turn, or just bangs into the sidewall. He has fixed soooo many parts on his car and I note that he is a very good driver too.

The other cars/drivers are fairly good. The 4-tec just cannot be hooked-up and dialed-in for an all-around good perfomance. It has speed, make no mistake, but in most cases a straight makes up only 25% of the track. The NTC3 is a killer all-round, especially on the inside sections of our semi-technical track

Cheers
no offense but if the guy rolls his car and bangs it into a wall, he doesnt sound like a very good driver to me.
Old 03-05-2004, 05:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

The 4-tec is a good toy, but not a good racer.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Tech Addict

thanks for the responses
Old 03-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

they can not claim it on the box if it can not do it!!!