R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Tech Addict
 
Techart27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AC Schnitzer X5 w/ 22" ACS NorCal
Posts: 677
Default Does it Really GO 60MPH+??

Is the claim from traxxas about the 4-TEC going 60+ MPH true?

Last edited by Techart27; 02-29-2004 at 01:02 PM.
Techart27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:04 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
MugenMTX3Kid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: BRABUS E w/ Monoblock III Nor Cal
Posts: 880
Send a message via AIM to MugenMTX3Kid
Default

Try it, get a 4Tec and Get a speed gun. If it doesnt go 60Mph+, you can sell it or keep it... Just a thought
MugenMTX3Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 06:42 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 68
Default

Supposedly it will. The guy at my lhs said he had a cop radar their shop car and said it hit 62 mph. They go fast is a straight line, but dont turn very well.
trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 01:01 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
Techart27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AC Schnitzer X5 w/ 22" ACS NorCal
Posts: 677
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by MugenMTX3Kid
Try it, get a 4Tec and Get a speed gun. If it doesnt go 60Mph+, you can sell it or keep it... Just a thought
Thanks Tommy, like that helps..........
Techart27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:03 PM   #5
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 146
Default

Going really fast in a straight line with an RC car is very exciting....

For about ten minutes. Then the novelty wears off. You can make just about any nitro rc car go 60 with the right gearing and tuning. The hard part is having a space big enough to do it in, and having the ability to see it clearly. Going 60, it only takes a few seconds to get too far away to control.

Quality, handling ability, durability, parts availability, and value are all more important than top speed.

Any modern two-speed nitro touring car is stupid fast!! Consider all the factors.
Bodido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 09:23 PM   #6
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Bodido
Going really fast in a straight line with an RC car is very exciting....

For about ten minutes. Then the novelty wears off. You can make just about any nitro rc car go 60 with the right gearing and tuning. The hard part is having a space big enough to do it in, and having the ability to see it clearly. Going 60, it only takes a few seconds to get too far away to control.

Quality, handling ability, durability, parts availability, and value are all more important than top speed.

Any modern two-speed nitro touring car is stupid fast!! Consider all the factors.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 09:52 AM   #7
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,107
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Another good example of how important is "PACKAGING" has to do with the products itself. When the ad/box said 60+mph........that automatically attract ppl at least ask the question or look more.

No wonder MBA degree is still one of the most money making degree ever..........
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 11:28 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 126
Default

Our team consists of 8 nitro 1/10 200mm racers, we all belong to a club.

Of those 8 cars we have 1 NTC3 (mine) and I'm currently leading the standings, 4 serpents, 1 4-tec Traxxas and 2 mugens.

The guy with the 4 tec is extremely fast down the straight, but either rolls his car on the turn, or just bangs into the sidewall. He has fixed soooo many parts on his car and I note that he is a very good driver too.

The other cars/drivers are fairly good. The 4-tec just cannot be hooked-up and dialed-in for an all-around good perfomance. It has speed, make no mistake, but in most cases a straight makes up only 25% of the track. The NTC3 is a killer all-round, especially on the inside sections of our semi-technical track

Cheers
Punkynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2004, 06:53 PM   #9
Tech Addict
 
icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 527
Send a message via AIM to icon
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Punkynutt
Our team consists of 8 nitro 1/10 200mm racers, we all belong to a club.

Of those 8 cars we have 1 NTC3 (mine) and I'm currently leading the standings, 4 serpents, 1 4-tec Traxxas and 2 mugens.

The guy with the 4 tec is extremely fast down the straight, but either rolls his car on the turn, or just bangs into the sidewall. He has fixed soooo many parts on his car and I note that he is a very good driver too.

The other cars/drivers are fairly good. The 4-tec just cannot be hooked-up and dialed-in for an all-around good perfomance. It has speed, make no mistake, but in most cases a straight makes up only 25% of the track. The NTC3 is a killer all-round, especially on the inside sections of our semi-technical track

Cheers
no offense but if the guy rolls his car and bangs it into a wall, he doesnt sound like a very good driver to me.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 06:19 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 68
Default

The 4-tec is a good toy, but not a good racer.
trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 11:22 PM   #11
Tech Addict
 
Techart27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: AC Schnitzer X5 w/ 22" ACS NorCal
Posts: 677
Default

thanks for the responses
Techart27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 927
Send a message via ICQ to Cartman
Default

they can not claim it on the box if it can not do it!!!
__________________
Dremel UK - Schumacher Racing - Vapextech UK - MBModels UK - MRT
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE: HPI Nitro RS4 3 EVO+ RTR 60MPH!! See pics mhx R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-05-2007 09:46 PM
60mph brushless all aluminum/lexan super truck! Jman-x R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 09-20-2005 12:46 PM
Yokomo GT4 RTR....60mph blandv R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 08-11-2002 03:40 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:13 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net