Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy Setup system and DM-1

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Exclamation Hudy Setup system and DM-1

I bought the Hudy all-in-one setup system for 1/8 on-road cars to use on the DM-1 and it doesn't fit. The bottom of the chassis touches the setup board when the stands are on, the toe plate dose not fit across and the tweak station is too small. Anyone have experiences with the Hudy setup system and the DM-1? Is the buggy/truggy setup system the ideal one? I guess the DM-1 is a buggy based on-road, wish I did my research but it said 1/8 on road so I assumed.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

you were suppose to get the 1/8 off-road set. Remember these are based off of offroad cars.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

shoot thanks I'm trying to send it back and get the correct setup, the only thing I found out is there is not a all-in-one system like for the 1/10 and 1/8 onroad oh well just gonna have to search out all the individual parts
Old 10-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hudy station

Originally Posted by StaX64
shoot thanks I'm trying to send it back and get the correct setup, the only thing I found out is there is not a all-in-one system like for the 1/10 and 1/8 onroad oh well just gonna have to search out all the individual parts
They make an "all in one" for each one, 1/10 and 1/8th, plus they make a set up station for the off-road.
You will find the on-road all in one set up stations are more money than the off-road set up stations.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by brc358
They make an "all in one" for each one, 1/10 and 1/8th, plus they make a set up station for the off-road.
You will find the on-road all in one set up stations are more money than the off-road set up stations.
What I meant was is they don't make an all-in-one 1/8 off-road like the on-roads have but whatever
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

no they dont
Old 10-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Hudy

Originally Posted by StaX64
What I meant was is they don't make an all-in-one 1/8 off-road like the on-roads have but whatever
Thats correct, they do not make an "all in one" for off road, but the off road Hudy set is good to use. I also have a Pro Spec DM1, and set the front toe out at .1 at each side,camber is set at 3%, rear toe in at 3, rear camber at 3%.
If you need the rest as far as shock oil, and diff oil, I can get my book out at let you know what I am using. Right now my DM1 is working perfect, and I am very pleased with the way the big car handles. I can easily keep up with most 12 engines, and out corner a lot of them.If you need the rest of the set up, just let me know.