Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
My offer seems silly beings you have all those Motonica cars.

Very cool 4wd, mine has a fiberglass chassis and allot of Mugen parts. Are you setting it up using Motonica's set up sheet? May I ask what your kit cost you?
Not silly at all. I run Motonica as they have treated me right as a customer. I was able to get the P8F competition for 400$. Yet that price is reflected as I was able to order it through Europe, and have it shipped basically for free via family in Europe.

I am still working on an all US pan car, its just taking lots of time. The best way for me to see any recovery in investment and get some profit is to apply the accronym K.I.S.S lol. Plus I want it to be a quality car, even if I can squeeze out 5 cars, before validating another run of cars and incorporate some feedback.

I think a few posts back you can see some of the delrin I machined for a mugen MRX3 - 4 rear drivetrain. But it stalled out. The next car will be styled like the RC250 / Serpent MK III cars. The most fun I have had was with a solid axle fiberglass chassis car, who knows maybe that can bring some fun back under an F1 body of yesteryear.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey All

Happy Holidays!
Irwin RC is having a great sale thru December 5th. Details can be found on the WRC Pan Car thread (link below). Feel free to contact me with questions. -Jason
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...l#post13687215
Old 12-12-2014, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

I wanted to ask, is anyone attending races with vintage cars, such as Associated RC1-RC300's or Delta Dash? I am itching to just put a basic 3 port with an offroad clutch, new servos in my RC300-BD and possibly run it. I feel bad that it is sitting on the shelf - looking good but neglected. Perhaps next year I may swing up to attend one of your guys races (with the P8C of course). But wondering if it would be fun to have an annual run of vintage chassis ala' what they are doing in Japan every now and then.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 12-17-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I wanted to ask, is anyone attending races with vintage cars, such as Associated RC1-RC300's or Delta Dash? I am itching to just put a basic 3 port with an offroad clutch, new servos in my RC300-BD and possibly run it. I feel bad that it is sitting on the shelf - looking good but neglected. Perhaps next year I may swing up to attend one of your guys races (with the P8C of course). But wondering if it would be fun to have an annual run of vintage chassis ala' what the japanese do every now and then.
The last time I heard of any vintage race trying to take place was at the Great Lakes Challenge in 2013 and that was basically just one exhibition heat. But I have to say if one ever happens. I'M THERE !!
Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

The last time I heard of any vintage race trying to take place was at the Great Lakes Challenge in 2013 and that was basically just one exhibition heat. But I have to say if one ever happens. I'M THERE !!
That would be awesome, even if they ran some older 4wd with 2wd cars - ala what they do at Le Mans with the various classes running with one another.

Did they run with newer motors and clutches, or was it run what you brung.

Id be in too, work permitting.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

That would be awesome, even if they ran some older 4wd with 2wd cars - ala what they do at Le Mans with the various classes running with one another.

Did they run with newer motors and clutches, or was it run what you brung.

Id be in too, work permitting.
The race did not happen,only got to the discussion point. But it was a mainly a run what you brung exhibition heat , and I think it would have been awesome.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 PM
Tech Initiate

this year was the first one for me entering this class...

my lovely McLaren M8F... Graupner Club 90 chassis...

Old 12-23-2014, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TroubleRK

The SG / Mantua cars were awesome even back in the day known as Red One, and a 4wd Chassis named Black One. This is also back when people ran 2 Speeds on their 2wd cars. I had an Krick (another German distributor) with the 4wd conversion (which consisted of the belt two pulleys, drive axle and two dog bones) the last Mantua 2wd pan car still ran the rear bulkheads (minus suspension hingepin holes) from the old cars. As such you should still be able to get spares for the rear end to include diff and such. The New MC2 chassis has new machined bulheads that are different and non-suspension specific.

Great to see it in running order. Do you have any issues with the rear Ball Diff?
Old 12-23-2014, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

The SG Red One was the top of the line car (3.5cc) from SG at the time before Mantua models bought them out . thick (5mm) fully machined chassis rather than the pressed, thinner (3mm) aluminium chassis of the later Mantua Model type.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TroubleRK

that car looks great !!!
Old 12-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

You just can't beat those vintage bodies with a scale paint job on it.
Old 12-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Not silly at all. I run Motonica as they have treated me right as a customer. I was able to get the P8F competition for 400$. Yet that price is reflected as I was able to order it through Europe, and have it shipped basically for free via family in Europe.

I am still working on an all US pan car, its just taking lots of time. The best way for me to see any recovery in investment and get some profit is to apply the accronym K.I.S.S lol. Plus I want it to be a quality car, even if I can squeeze out 5 cars, before validating another run of cars and incorporate some feedback.

I think a few posts back you can see some of the delrin I machined for a mugen MRX3 - 4 rear drivetrain. But it stalled out. The next car will be styled like the RC250 / Serpent MK III cars. The most fun I have had was with a solid axle fiberglass chassis car, who knows maybe that can bring some fun back under an F1 body of yesteryear.
working on a car thats p8c based with a serpent ball diff. will post some pics soon, holidays give me a chance too catch up.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 5italkart
working on a car thats p8c based with a serpent ball diff. will post some pics soon, holidays give me a chance too catch up.
Are you using the 835, or the Vector Ball Diff?

I have a Pro EV2 909390 Ball diff in my chassis and its been great, although adjusting the Diff is a bit difficult as the pulley had to modifed to accept the Motonica one. it is mounted to the outer flange of the old pulley and spaced (with a 3mm machined G10 spacer) a little to ensure the Pulley is running inline with the drive pulley. The pulley on my car was the 47T one, and there is the optional 50T Vector spec. pulley and I believe a 45 or 46T one as well. I am not sure how those would fare, if they offer more mounting material or not?

I am curious if anyone has tried the Slipper Diff for the 835 which would be quite interesting to see how that compares to the gear diff.

Last edited by 1/8 IC Fan; 12-30-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

I have a Pro EV2 909390 Ball diff in my chassis and its been great, although adjusting the Diff is a bit difficult as the pulley had to modifed to accept the Motonica one. it is mounted to the outer flange of the old pulley and spaced (with a 3mm machined G10 spacer) a little to ensure the Pulley is running inline with the drive pulley. The pulley on my car was the 47T one, and there is the optional 50T Vector spec. pulley and I believe a 45 or 46T one as well. I am not sure how those would fare, if they offer more mounting material or not?

I am curious if anyone has tried the Slipper Diff for the 835 which would be quite interesting to see how that compares to the gear diff.
mine would be the vector since it's 50tooth. i made new rear blocks and moved the lay shaft pulley too match and keep things central. also the centre dist. is also different sine the moto diff is 48t. found the diff new at the border.com web site along with 5 pulleys. as far as your strait axle idea we have hashed that over for some time the diff being the sticking point you will also need rear toe, i saw a 300 run with it major improvement. happy new year everyone
Old 01-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

ok dudes i'm a season behind, what have you found in motors ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.