Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EXTREME RC MODIFICATION - Findings and Discussions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by orangbaligila
I agree with FI mod to glow 2-stroke engines,... but not the NO2 (nitrous oxide) idea,... simply too much heat,... I dunno,.. it might work,.. but if I have to choose,... I'll choose either Super or T-charge it..

btw, can I post pics directly?! I have some Turbocharged 1:10 scale in my notebook that I want to share

Thx
you can try www.digitalpose.com or www.nikonnet.com and post your pic over there and have a image link from this thread. but i dont know why, now digitalpose.com is having trouble. i o\ant log in the website. but to me digitalpose is the best. if somebody got another website that can have image links please help me!!!

i am really interested to see your pic.

you can also upload your pic staright away in this thread using the IMG button up there.

mop
Old 03-05-2004, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am building Da hellions bodys again! Am now tooling for the "wild bunch outlaws" Dodge Stratus body with a evil touch. They are not for sale yet but I will be giving a few promos away to RC tech members soon!!! I have a lot of pics of my highley mod. MTX-2 If you would like to see them
Attached Thumbnails EXTREME RC MODIFICATION - Findings and Discussions-untitled0002.jpg  
Old 03-23-2004, 03:45 AM
Tech Adept

Default Rotary engine mod

Need I say more?...

Last edited by LeeKoshin; 03-24-2004 at 01:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2004, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

IMHO, it will, work!! engine cycle type and combustion types does not affect the function of the apparatus, the differences are the effectiveness of it between engine types... and tuning difficulty level would be increased...

regarding the pipe,... it has to be free-flowing,... or it'll blow the piston & con-rod (at least) when it's not a free-flow exhaust system... (try to hold a fart after you had too many beans,.... results may vary,... but the common outcome is,............... boom, splash,...)

Cheers
Personally this discussion is as flogged as a dead donkey. This does not work on our IC engines period.

How can it?

What does it do? It forces more air into the carb to increase the air/fuel mixture ratio.

Why can forcing air into our engines not work? Because at a certain point both the exhaust port and the induction ports on the sleeve are open at the same time.

So far we have this POS forcing more air into the chamber at a faster rate to increase the amount of air in the mixture. When the ports open and the exhaust port is still open the forced air takes the majority of the mixture straight out through the exhaust port. Therefore, when combustion takes place the majority of the mixture is gone and very little to no power is generated on each cycle. Results in lack of power and an engine that wouldnt pull a 1:18th scale let alone a 200mm car.

Due to lack of fuel mixture the engine stops running or runs very poorly. Due to lack of lubrication the engine wears out faster (all your oil content was forced out the exhaust port instantly ). Worst case the engine detonates in style and is only good for the bin.

People tend to forget that the engines these things work on all have reed valves or electonic injection/timing systems.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by modellor
Personally this discussion is as flogged as a dead donkey. This does not work on our IC engines period.

How can it?

What does it do? It forces more air into the carb to increase the air/fuel mixture ratio.

Why can forcing air into our engines not work? Because at a certain point both the exhaust port and the induction ports on the sleeve are open at the same time.

So far we have this POS forcing more air into the chamber at a faster rate to increase the amount of air in the mixture. When the ports open and the exhaust port is still open the forced air takes the majority of the mixture straight out through the exhaust port. Therefore, when combustion takes place the majority of the mixture is gone and very little to no power is generated on each cycle. Results in lack of power and an engine that wouldnt pull a 1:18th scale let alone a 200mm car.

Due to lack of fuel mixture the engine stops running or runs very poorly. Due to lack of lubrication the engine wears out faster (all your oil content was forced out the exhaust port instantly ). Worst case the engine detonates in style and is only good for the bin.

People tend to forget that the engines these things work on all have reed valves or electonic injection/timing systems.
Modellor

I agree with you 1000% (not that one can agree or not there is right or wrong though) You are right. there are however engines that are modded with blowers (superchargers) but they are firstly around 1.0 ci as opposed to 0.12 or 0.21 and they are 4 strokers. where one has valves to keep the mixture in. If one wanted to play with something like this I would suggest having a look at OS's web site as they have a few of these motors and they have a rotary motor, just remember that rotary motors use a lot more fuel for their size and are very powerfull. Eg. the new Nissan RX8 has a 1300cc rotary engine that spits out around ~200 Kilowatts of sweet power but also swallows the same amound of petrol as a badly tuned 2 litre engine.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Rotary engine mod

Originally posted by LeeKoshin

Need I say more?...
yes... tell me more! and please put a bigger picture.

mop
Old 03-23-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BaxterC
Modellor

I agree with you 1000% (not that one can agree or not there is right or wrong though) You are right. there are however engines that are modded with blowers (superchargers) but they are firstly around 1.0 ci as opposed to 0.12 or 0.21 and they are 4 strokers. where one has valves to keep the mixture in. If one wanted to play with something like this I would suggest having a look at OS's web site as they have a few of these motors and they have a rotary motor, just remember that rotary motors use a lot more fuel for their size and are very powerfull. Eg. the new Nissan RX8 has a 1300cc rotary engine that spits out around ~200 Kilowatts of sweet power but also swallows the same amound of petrol as a badly tuned 2 litre engine.
Thanks and I also agree. I fly Giant Scale Aircraft and have a few 1.20 + 4-stroke engines. For those racers that dont know or never looked a 1.20cu.in is 20CC. So far the biggest engine in my collection is a 75CC 3W Petrol (Gas) engine.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by modellor
Thanks and I also agree. I fly Giant Scale Aircraft and have a few 1.20 + 4-stroke engines. For those racers that dont know or never looked a 1.20cu.in is 20CC. So far the biggest engine in my collection is a 75CC 3W Petrol (Gas) engine.
Have you had the chance to 'play' with a 'blown' motor? how do they run?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

(yawn).... yeah,.. yeah,... talk about the possibility and all,... and the rotary too,.. (posted about this in rc-universe' forum too... i think we nwwd to take a look at Wankel's notes on this,... IMHO rotary sucks!! big time,... it is a big engine camouflaging as a small displacement engine.... I rate engine displacement by its "true" capacity,... that is,.. how many air/fuel mix it eats in every revolution,... not stroke,... or whatever you guys call it for rotary,...)

btw,... what do you have (full scale?!) just to make sure where we stand...

n-e-way,... I've just got my notebook fixed,... wait till tomorrow,.. i'll post a link to a video-clip of a 100 mph turbocharged nitro run,...

at last,... I'm tired of people that have so much disbelief in their mind,... you won't believe in many s%&^s,... but some of them does exist (and works just fine),... maybe if you lived a hundred years earlier,... you will strongly against "flying mens with iron wings"

no matter what your responses will be,... I'll send the link for the believer in us,...

have a great f&*%in day........
Old 03-23-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

[Bn-e-way,... I've just got my notebook fixed,... wait till tomorrow,.. i'll post a link to a video-clip of a 100 mph turbocharged nitro run,...

[/B]
faster give us the LINK dude... really need to feel the power...

mop
Old 03-23-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Red face nothing...

btw,... i "found out" that i own this baby,....

runs on Toluene-Gasoline mix (don't start any arguments on this,... I did it w/ 14 psi of boost... not the most enviro. friendly method,... but plenty of Octane for it)

... a lot more efficient than the "zoom-zoom rotaries" ,... even with the turbo

http://www.rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&HPID=1380
Old 03-23-2004, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: nothing...

btw,... i "found out" that i own this baby,....

how i wish i am a rich guy like you!!!!

any pic of 'real' RC cars... i mean modified ones?

mop
Old 03-23-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm sure most of these are more for looks than actual functioning modifications. I have yet to see one that actually works so far.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Rotary engine mod

Originally posted by LeeKoshin

Need I say more?...
I can't see it. Can you give us a link?
Old 03-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Master

(yawn).... yeah,.. yeah,... talk about the possibility and all,... and the rotary too,.. (posted about this in rc-universe' forum too... i think we nwwd to take a look at Wankel's notes on this,... IMHO rotary sucks!! big time,... it is a big engine camouflaging as a small displacement engine.... I rate engine displacement by its "true" capacity,... that is,.. how many air/fuel mix it eats in every revolution,... not stroke,... or whatever you guys call it for rotary,...)

btw,... what do you have (full scale?!) just to make sure where we stand...

n-e-way,... I've just got my notebook fixed,... wait till tomorrow,.. i'll post a link to a video-clip of a 100 mph turbocharged nitro run,...

at last,... I'm tired of people that have so much disbelief in their mind,... you won't believe in many s%&^s,... but some of them does exist (and works just fine),... maybe if you lived a hundred years earlier,... you will strongly against "flying mens with iron wings"

no matter what your responses will be,... I'll send the link for the believer in us,...

have a great f&*%in day........
My advice to you would be to stick to electric cars. You clearly know nothing about Nitro Engines.

I can assure you if these things worked they would be legal for all racing and every manufacturer would be producing them to find a performance edge.

I would like to think I know how our little engines work after 16yrs. Apparently you dont when you think these things can work even when you are given details why they cant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.