Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 Nitro Spec Series work up

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have just received my first RS4 Evo 3 due in large part to one of the great members here at RC Tech. I will post some pics in a little while as I just want to give the car a once over but things are really looking great for the 2010 season and the upcoming HPI RS4 Spec Series.

Pics to follow!!!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

let me know how it goes.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLKNOTCH
I have just received my first RS4 Evo 3 due in large part to one of the great members here at RC Tech. I will post some pics in a little while as I just want to give the car a once over but things are really looking great for the 2010 season and the upcoming HPI RS4 Spec Series.

Pics to follow!!!
Thank you. Thank you! No need to applause...thank you, thank you..stop it!...thank you, you're too kind. Too kind...stop it!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kyo83
Thank you. Thank you! No need to applause...thank you, thank you..stop it!...thank you, you're too kind. Too kind...stop it!
You don't like it don't read it!!
Old 09-24-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Pics to follow!!!

Congrats...need any help, let me know...
Old 09-25-2009, 06:03 PM
Tech Regular

You don't like it don't read it!!
Chill dude! You totally miss understood..I was stealing the credit you were giving to someone else.....just having a little fun. Don't put your negetive thought on my positive playfulness
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kyo83
Chill dude! You totally miss understood..I was stealing the credit you were giving to someone else.....just having a little fun. Don't put your negetive thought on my positive playfulness
Very sorry I missread your post, my bad
Old 09-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fastharryDOTcom
Congrats...need any help, let me know...
Hell Yea Thanks Harry

http://www.rcpikeriver.com/forum/index.php?topic=334.30

Still a solid work in progress but feel free to register and post any idea's that may be usefull.

Thanks
Sean
Old 09-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

I like the idea. Try steering the newer racers away from the premounted sorex tires though. They are mounted on ABS wheels. Very stiff, but with the added weight of the nitro cars, they will break out the center.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
I like the idea. Try steering the newer racers away from the premounted sorex tires though. They are mounted on ABS wheels. Very stiff, but with the added weight of the nitro cars, they will break out the center.
Yes I am leaning towards HPI Wheels and Tires for the start of this series to see how they will hold up and proform.

Thanks
Sean
Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hi Sean,

Don't be afraid of the Speedrex 36 as spec'ed at RCOttawa. While I didn't run the class myself, I did run on the same day and pitted for the racers] and I can't recall ever seeing a wheel breakage with those cars and those wheels over 3 seasons including 2 enduros. The only real issue I remember is racers losing dog bones.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Initiate

any body help out a on road noob .have about £80 quid to spend but at a loss on which car to get between fazer and rs4 and which type belt of shaft drive .want it for carpark and drifting. not raceing any advice plzzzz
Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bloodrush
any body help out a on road noob .have about £80 quid to spend but at a loss on which car to get between fazer and rs4 and which type belt of shaft drive .want it for carpark and drifting. not raceing any advice plzzzz
If its a nitro drifter you want, then go with the HPI RS4 3 drifter. this car was built for drifting right out the box. Otherswise any car can do it with the proper tires and setup.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Yes I am leaning towards HPI Wheels and Tires for the start of this series to see how they will hold up and proform.

Thanks
Sean
The HPI wheels and tyres look cute and scale like for sure, but as a traction (should I say anti-traction) device..........enough said.

For all round durability for that car, I tried Sorex 28, 32 ands 36....all good, but nothing beat the Jaco Blues for traction and longivity.

My 2c.........

Jacko
Old 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Victor Vector
The HPI wheels and tyres look cute and scale like for sure, but as a traction (should I say anti-traction) device..........enough said.

For all round durability for that car, I tried Sorex 28, 32 ands 36....all good, but nothing beat the Jaco Blues for traction and longivity.

My 2c.........

Jacko
Excellent Jacko as these will be easy for us to stock as Jaco is the strong tire of choice in all other classes run here, I think they are using Jaco Green in the 10.5 class.

Sean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.