Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Battery Removal

Quick question to anyone who already has 733....does the radio tray need to come out to remove the battery? If so I guess the battery is designed to be charged only while installed in the car?

Really considering this car (never owned a Serpent before) and this won't sway my decision but just curious.

Thanks,
Old 07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ray's R40's
Quick question to anyone who already has 733....does the radio tray need to come out to remove the battery? If so I guess the battery is designed to be charged only while installed in the car?

Really considering this car (never owned a Serpent before) and this won't sway my decision but just curious.

Thanks,
NO. you can remove it with 2 screws and it comes out from the side
Old 07-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete

Ok thanks. Hmm...I guess the belt side. Would you say the time to access and replace the battery is equivalent to that of the standard under chassis design?

I usually swap out between qualifiers not re-peak like some guys. Just want to gauge the time on this task. Thanks again.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Pepe stopped in Superior today the fellas were very impressed with the car
Can't wait to see ya wheel it @ the State race
Old 07-20-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes !
Old 07-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

anybody already installed the Lipo-Regulator? I have the new Xceed XS Regulator but dont know where to install it on the new 733.

Any pics from finished Radio trays? I dont know where to put all my stuff like Regulator, I/O Switch, wires etc
Old 07-21-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default What a Great car going to the Great Lakes Challenge

Ok guys I am almost ready to go just waiting on the battery and bodie, Cann't wait to do all test drive it will be a long week sence I 've to look at the car in my living room.
Thank you Serpent it was a great weekend of building some totaly new

Last edited by R*R*R*Pinard; 07-21-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's up Pete? Looking forward to doing some gas racing again... Butter is back!! LOL!! How's the car coming along?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamButter
What's up Pete? Looking forward to doing some gas racing again... Butter is back!! LOL!! How's the car coming along?
I'll believe it when I see it!!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Suspension parts
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-ser-804108.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-ser-804109.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-ser-804110.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-ser-804111.jpg  
Old 07-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got mine half done. I don't see any issues with the plastic. The car seems to be smooth as silk. This car is super lite and the chassis is super small and light weight. Only down side is no decals. Had them order them, hopful I can have mine done tonight when I get home. I'm impressed so far!
Old 07-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 733

Just received mine so I am like a kid in a candy store. The parts are so beautiful. Can't wait till this evening to put in the wrench time!!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Bambusratte
Hi,

anybody already installed the Lipo-Regulator? I have the new Xceed XS Regulator but dont know where to install it on the new 733.

Any pics from finished Radio trays? I dont know where to put all my stuff like Regulator, I/O Switch, wires etc
Hk many peoples used Intellect IP Li-Fe 6.6v battery !
Old 07-22-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Hi 733 Racers,

Sorry I did not post anything earlier from this past weekend, but I have been swamped with my real job. I am going to give some feedback here and also what I think is a good starting point for now. I will be doing more testing at a different track this weekend and may find something new to tell.

I went to Kissimmee this weekend. It is a large open track with high speed turns with one tight section. The track was a little green since we have not used it for a little while and not to many people showed up to race (25 people or so). In the tight section I found the car to transfer from side to side the weight much better and feel more neutral. At the beginning the car lacked rear traction off power, but I found a set-up that worked for this. Mid corner steering was really good. The 733 carries great corner speed, compared to the 720. On power I ran more toe than normal, as I was not used to all the steering this car had. The drive train was awesome and very smooth. I did not clean the bearing or remove the seals and it was great, super smooth.

Tips; Put the brake pulley on with the guide on the left. I think the instructions have it on the right (I think, as I did not get instructions). Make sure to oil the oneway for the first gear. Install battery like I said earlier in the forum. On the front sway bar it enters from the top and is tight when you use the thinker sway bars. I am going to round the edges on the outer back portion of the bulkhead where the sway bar is tight to push down on. Hope I did not confuse anyone. If you are not having this issue then do not worry.

Here is the Set-up I wound start with in the US:

Front
120,000-150,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
-1 droop
middle roll center position
car long
3mm caster in front of arm
5.5mm ride height
blue spring layed down
2 hole piston
40wt oil
.5 toe out on each side
1.5 camber
stock sway bar
ackerman in back position and wide

Rear
40,000-50,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
3 droop
lowest roll center position on bottom pins
car long
camber link inner and 2nd position from bottom
2mm under link on outer position
6mm of ride height
red springs in second position (orange in 3rd postion if low bite)
3 hole piston
40wt oil
3 toe in on each side
3 camber and 3.5 on outside tire
stock sway bar, I used 2.3, as track was green

Hope this helps and if I forgot something just ask. I will try to answer questions as fast as possible, but I am pretty busy with work at the moment. Also remember this was the first outting (In the US) with the car, so things may still change for me. If they do I will update the posted information.

Have fun with the new 733,

DJ Apolaro
Old 07-22-2009, 06:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Hi 733 Racers,

Sorry I did not post anything earlier from this past weekend, but I have been swamped with my real job. I am going to give some feedback here and also what I think is a good starting point for now. I will be doing more testing at a different track this weekend and may find something new to tell.

I went to Kissimmee this weekend. It is a large open track with high speed turns with one tight section. The track was a little green since we have not used it for a little while and not to many people showed up to race (25 people or so). In the tight section I found the car to transfer from side to side the weight much better and feel more neutral. At the beginning the car lacked rear traction off power, but I found a set-up that worked for this. Mid corner steering was really good. The 733 carries great corner speed, compared to the 720. On power I ran more toe than normal, as I was not used to all the steering this car had. The drive train was awesome and very smooth. I did not clean the bearing or remove the seals and it was great, super smooth.

Tips; Put the brake pulley on with the guide on the left. I think the instructions have it on the right (I think, as I did not get instructions). Make sure to oil the oneway for the first gear. Install battery like I said earlier in the forum. On the front sway bar it enters from the top and is tight when you use the thinker sway bars. I am going to round the edges on the outer back portion of the bulkhead where the sway bar is tight to push down on. Hope I did not confuse anyone. If you are not having this issue then do not worry.

Here is the Set-up I wound start with in the US:

Front
120,000-150,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
-1 droop
middle roll center position
car long
3mm caster in front of arm
5.5mm ride height
blue spring layed down
2 hole piston
40wt oil
.5 toe out on each side
1.5 camber
stock sway bar
ackerman in back position and wide

Rear
40,000-50,000 oil for the diff (lighter on low bite tracks)
3 droop
lowest roll center position on bottom pins
car long
camber link inner and 2nd position from bottom
2mm under link on outer position
6mm of ride height
red springs in second position (orange in 3rd postion if low bite)
3 hole piston
40wt oil
3 toe in on each side
3 camber and 3.5 on outside tire
stock sway bar, I used 2.3, as track was green

Hope this helps and if I forgot something just ask. I will try to answer questions as fast as possible, but I am pretty busy with work at the moment. Also remember this was the first outting (In the US) with the car, so things may still change for me. If they do I will update the posted information.

Have fun with the new 733,

DJ Apolaro
Hi DJ,

I am just a bit confused. The Kit come with 1000cst oil but the latest setup sheet states 40(1000) for stock shock oil... are you using the stock shock oil included 1000cst or you changed to 40WT(approx 500cst)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.