Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mc_chofo
Sam do you have the searing set in stock i just check your site and i didn't see them.

thanks.
Here: http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...rod=733CERAMIC
Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
anyone tried changing the position the steering links attatch to the steering hub ?
for the life of me i cant run the forward outer Ackerman position in the servo saver with out the steering arms getting very close or touching the alloy bulkheads.
only way i have found to do it is the outer steering attatchment to go under the the hub, so the attatchment screw on top , and the linkage to the underside of the bearing block/steering hub.
would this effect the ackerman as well, due the arms being more flat as it steers ?
so no one is having the same issues with steering link setup ?
mine is stock as a rock, out the box. so what am i doing wrong ?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default RB R3

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
Well i'm really happy with the RB R3 (T9). I only have the RC versions but the regular R3 is used here as well.
The RB RC (or murnan) are the best .12 engines you can buy at the moment if you ask me.
The first time I ran mine and had the clutch set I was drifting out of pretty much every corner, the low end torque is ridiculous. Furthermore they have a really smooth powerband, almost like an electric motor. They are easy to tune and the stock version lasts quite some time, the rc wears out a bit quicker.

Hi,

How is the stock RB R3 compared to Novarossi Plus 12 3SCT when it comes to top speed? Also, is the torque on the stock R3 any good?

Would you say that 380 USD is a good price for this engine?

Regards,
Serpent
Old 12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

so no one is having the same issues with steering link setup ?
mine is stock as a rock, out the box. so what am i doing wrong ?

if i am understanding right . your end ball on servo saver must be at the bottom and on top on the steering block. And yes running them straight will take some steering away . by the way what front track width are you using ?
Old 12-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent fan
Hi,

How is the stock RB R3 compared to Novarossi Plus 12 3SCT when it comes to top speed? Also, is the torque on the stock R3 any good?

Would you say that 380 USD is a good price for this engine?

Regards,
Serpent
The 12-3SCT 09' is only $299.99
Here: http://kamikazercracing.com/proddeta...prod=NOV123SCT
This engine have a lot of torque with great Top end, it is rated at 1.65 HP with a Maximum RPM of 42,400 RPM.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
if i am understanding right . your end ball on servo saver must be at the bottom and on top on the steering block. And yes running them straight will take some steering away . by the way what front track width are you using ?
im running 198 at front, 2mm shorter wheelbase at front also.

i have the links as you say, but the problem being is when shocks are off, turn to full lock, with 60mm front tires on, and the rods hit the bulkheads, and unload the rear. i moved the ackerman backward last race to fix it, but lost initial turn in. so the only way i could see to do it, is attatch underside on the hub, then there is plenty of clearance.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Master

im running 198 at front, 2mm shorter wheelbase at front also.

i have the links as you say, but the problem being is when shocks are off, turn to full lock, with 60mm front tires on, and the rods hit the bulkheads, and unload the rear. i moved the ackerman backward last race to fix it, but lost initial turn in. so the only way i could see to do it, is attatch underside on the hub, then there is plenty of clearance.
A pic woud say a thousand words...
But, If I understand correctly, if you turn ie. full right and have the front of the car on the ground (suspension compressed) the right hand steering rod hits the right hand bulkhead, correct?

I'd believe this would be more so when the front narrow ackerman position is used (like I run the car), and longer wheelbase or less caster would make this happen sooner as well.

But I'd think that it being the inner wheel of the turn, it is not very likely it wil be fully compressed when you have full lock steering.

In stead of putting the outside of the rod underneath the steering arm (which kills steering geometry), just dremel a little material from the bulkhead. I believe it will take only a very small amount to get clearance.

To me this is more a bench racing issue than one that really is noticable at when driving. I do not see marks on my bulkheads but it may be a combination of setup details that aggrevates the problem for you.
Now I

Last edited by Julius; 12-22-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:58 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Julius
Now I
Went to work?
Went shopping?

Have a power failure?....
Old 12-22-2009, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by M7H
Went to work?
Went shopping?

now I ?

have a different problem ? hahah

Thanks Julius. you got it right in how you think the problem is.

by moving the ackerman back, it gave clearance, and it settled my rear down. i did have marks on my bulkheads, after i noticed i had this issue.
i will dremmel the bulkhead a little to get clearance. i run the spool, so i dont use much caster, and maybe this is making the situation worse. but i would think 2mm shorter wheelbase would fix the issue as well, but it didnt.
thanks again.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M7H
Went to work?
Went shopping?

Need to check what I type before pressing send
Old 12-22-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Master

now I ?

have a different problem ? hahah

Thanks Julius. you got it right in how you think the problem is.

by moving the ackerman back, it gave clearance, and it settled my rear down. i did have marks on my bulkheads, after i noticed i had this issue.
i will dremmel the bulkhead a little to get clearance. i run the spool, so i dont use much caster, and maybe this is making the situation worse. but i would think 2mm shorter wheelbase would fix the issue as well, but it didnt.
thanks again.
With th rear ackerman, you'll get a less agressive feel in the steering. That could well be the reason the rear settled. If you have the time it might be a learning experience to do the dremeling at the track. That way you can check if, without changeing setup, the extra clearance makes a difference in handling.

Normally Dremeling at the track doesn't turn out as nice though
Old 12-22-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Julius
With th rear ackerman, you'll get a less agressive feel in the steering. That could well be the reason the rear settled. If you have the time it might be a learning experience to do the dremeling at the track. That way you can check if, without changeing setup, the extra clearance makes a difference in handling.

Normally Dremeling at the track doesn't turn out as nice though
i will dremmel anyway. there are marks from rubbing / hitting the steering links. it happens about 3/4 lock. with shocks off. but the rubbing marks are evidence it has been touching. i drove at the Nats like this, and when i got back home. only last 2 meets i realised i had the issue. when i gav eit clearance, then the car was more settled. i like the ackerman forward, feels better. so i will dremmel. Cheers.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Xceed oils

howdy guys,
just wondering if there is a comparison chart or something to compare the old Serpent WT rating, to the new cst rating. like 30,000wt diff oil, is rated as ??? cst. cheers.
Old 12-24-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Master

howdy guys,
just wondering if there is a comparison chart or something to compare the old Serpent WT rating, to the new cst rating. like 30,000wt diff oil, is rated as ??? cst. cheers.
The diff oils were already in CST. So they should be the same, barring the variables between mfg.
Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

CSO New Product
upper deck mount
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-cso-ser-73320.jpg   Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring-cso-ser-73320-1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.