Best Servos for a HPI N RS43 SS Kit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Servos for a HPI N RS43 SS Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Best Servos for a HPI N RS43 SS Kit?

what is everyone running/recommend for the following:

Steering servo?
Throttle servo?

I have my kit on the way..and I am trying to get the needed parts on order so I can start to build right when it arrives!

Thank you

URC
Old 12-09-2003, 10:11 AM
Tech Regular

Any standard servo (Futaba s3003, etc...) will suffice for the throttle.

I'd get a digital servo for the steering. You can save some coins and get a Hitec 5645 digital or spend more and get a Futaba, etc.....

Here's a nickel's worth of free advice. Throw away the HPI steering servo saver and replace it with a Kimbrough. You'll thank me later.
Old 12-09-2003, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

so the throttle does not need to be a high-speed servo....BUT the steering servo should be a high-torque servo?
Old 12-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

depends if you are going Hi proformance I donno but if just bashing I have an Airtronics MX-3 with 2 Airtronics 94102 Servos(standard w/ the MX-3) works fine in my Type SS
Old 12-10-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

I Bought an Mx3 Air as well but went with the Hi Tec 625MG servos Z plug for airtronics. They seem to have the torque to do the job and the speed as well for the $.They Run in the $40 range each and the metal gears (MG) Help through the early break in periods of getting it right.The basic things in setting up your servos to work right are to make sure that when on your Steering You Go Full Right or left that your servo doesn't stop before you are all the way turned and that both Right and left are adj. equally. You need to retard your steering accordingly by means of your Steering endpoint adj. on your Radio transmitter for that.Same with the Throttle But you probably already Know this.Budgetwise Any Bottomend Nylon drive ,speed for $ Hitec 625MG ,Hi end coreless and digital Money To Burn 1:1 Forget the servos.....