R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 6
Default Belt car

What is the best 10/th scale belt car with the best parts allready in kit for the best price looking to switch from my tc3
STS TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:39 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
tranced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queens, New York
Posts: 270
Default

MTX-3 comes with tons of graphite goodies..

http://www.mugenracing.com/mtx-3.htm
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:08 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default

Yeah the Mugen is a sweet little car to drive, easy to set up and handles really nice. You can go for the Serpents if you want, they are decent cars the 705 and the latest 710. They are good cars too. Just that the Mugen's advantage is that the parts are abundant and cheaper.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 08:37 PM   #4
Tech Addict
 
icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 527
Send a message via AIM to icon
Default

Kyosho V One RR
Kyosho FW05
Mugen MTX-3
Serpent 710

and with a bit more work: HPI R40. that is my next project car.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #5
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Belt car

Quote:
Originally posted by STS TC3
What is the best 10/th scale belt car with the best parts allready in kit for the best price looking to switch from my tc3
The Fusion R12 is the new generation competition nitro touring car from Schumacher. Most 1/10th nitro touring cars have been developed from 1/8th scale cars, sometimes sharing common components, which means they are often heavier than necessary. The Fusion R12 is developed from the SST Mission electric car, which makes it lighter, more agile chassis. The R12 uses a two belt transmission for increased efficiency over its rivals allowing excellent speed and fuel efficiency. The R12 also features a unique over-run braking system. This combines the advantage of a pawl design, lightweight and fast gear changes with adjustable engine braking for better feel and control, which is normally only found on heavy shoe type 2 speed designs.

Last edited by Marcos.J; 07-29-2008 at 07:30 AM.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 10:34 PM   #6
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: Re: Belt car

Quote:
Originally posted by r12 schumacher
The Fusion R12 is the new generation competition nitro touring car from Schumacher. Most 1/10th nitro touring cars have been developed from 1/8th scale cars, sometimes sharing common components, which means they are often heavier than necessary. The Fusion R12 is developed from the SST Mission electric car, which makes it lighter, more agile chassis. The R12 uses a two belt transmission for increased efficiency over its rivals allowing excellent speed and fuel efficiency. The R12 also features a unique over-run braking system. This combines the advantage of a pawl design, lightweight and fast gear changes with adjustable engine braking for better feel and control, which is normally only found on heavy shoe type 2 speed designs.
Nice PR and promo!!! What I have to say is only MY opinion and its PERSONAL. I have seen the R12 in action, and I have to say that the car is slightly tougher than a NTC3, fragility is an issue.

Take a shunt or hit to the quarters and your turn buckles will pop out or the knuckles will break.

The shocks are not that great, they tend to get naff after a while. I think RC Car Action tested the car out and the so call 'engine brake' system does not really make any difference, when my friend was running the car it was not noticed.

Just my opinion. I still put my money on the Mugen, Serpent and Kyosho (not in order of preferrence). These cars have been tried and tested. Like I say, the Mugen is a great little car with lots of spares/hop ups and its not expensive. After sales service is something that we need to realise before buying a car. Don't wanna hurt your wallet after buying the car.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:03 PM   #7
Tech Master
 
sausage_link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default

Quote:
I think RC Car Action tested the car out and the so call 'engine brake' system does not really make any difference,
Hows the engine brake system work ??
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default r12

i ran serpent for many years and i have gone faster on the r12 than my serpent.Racing on the same tracks my lap times were alot faster and i had longer run time. In regards to the turnbuckles i have taken a few mods and made them pretty much bullet proof, the engine braking system works exellent "if you know how to set it up". At Full Throttle Speedway's Turkey Shoot in one of the qualifiers it was Schumacher's R12 finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, the rest of the field was mugens,serpents and r40's. By the way Paul Wynn is dominating the On-Road State Series with his r12. So the car ,I think is proving it self.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:30 AM   #9
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: r12

Quote:
Originally posted by r12 schumacher
i ran serpent for many years and i have gone faster on the r12 than my serpent.Racing on the same tracks my lap times were alot faster and i had longer run time. In regards to the turnbuckles i have taken a few mods and made them pretty much bullet proof, the engine braking system works exellent "if you know how to set it up". At Full Throttle Speedway's Turkey Shoot in one of the qualifiers it was Schumacher's R12 finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, the rest of the field was mugens,serpents and r40's. By the way Paul Wynn is dominating the On-Road State Series with his r12. So the car ,I think is proving it self.
I will not doubt the fact that you are running faster with the R12 than the Serpent. I am into Mugens and when I drive the Serpent I found out that the car is very steady but slow in smallish or technical tracks, it seems to love the big wide sweeping tracks like some of the Italian ones.

How is your shocks? Are they good? Maybe my LHS guy got a lousy unit, hahahahaaa ...
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:32 AM   #10
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: r12

Quote:
Originally posted by r12 schumacher
i ran serpent for many years and i have gone faster on the r12 than my serpent.Racing on the same tracks my lap times were alot faster and i had longer run time. In regards to the turnbuckles i have taken a few mods and made them pretty much bullet proof, the engine braking system works exellent "if you know how to set it up". At Full Throttle Speedway's Turkey Shoot in one of the qualifiers it was Schumacher's R12 finishing 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, the rest of the field was mugens,serpents and r40's. By the way Paul Wynn is dominating the On-Road State Series with his r12. So the car ,I think is proving it self.
By the way, in Malaysia the NCT3 fade has died and now everyone is into Mugens ... however, the NTC3 is kicking ass recently in local races!!! The R12 is a 'better' version of the NTC3.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:38 AM   #11
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: r12

Quote:
Originally posted by tIANcI
I will not doubt the fact that you are running faster with the R12 than the Serpent. I am into Mugens and when I drive the Serpent I found out that the car is very steady but slow in smallish or technical tracks, it seems to love the big wide sweeping tracks like some of the Italian ones.

How is your shocks? Are they good? Maybe my LHS guy got a lousy unit, hahahahaaa ...
shocks are ok but i changed to x-ray shocks for more precise tuning.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:33 AM   #12
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: Re: Re: r12

Quote:
Originally posted by r12 schumacher
shocks are ok but i changed to x-ray shocks for more precise tuning.
Dude, that is what my LHS guy did, change the shocks and the car's performance was good. He was running on Eagle Racing shocks. What I meant about the R12 not being that hot is based on the that the basic elements of any car:

i. chassis
ii. shocks
iii. clutch
iv. 2 speed
v. design & geometry
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:05 AM   #13
Tech Adept
 
sbmon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: central florida
Posts: 242
Default R12...

I race at full throttle too. It is true that the r12 is doing extremely well there, but I am in no way convinced it is all the car. I truly believe that it is the person behind the wheel and behind the wrench. Paul Wynn is awesome to watch when he's racing it is amazing how fast he and some of the others are. BUT as great as people say the car is I also think that he would be just as fast/dominating with any car out there. As most everyone will tell you when choosing a car to run. Look at durability(most important for me because of my driving), cost, parts support at your lhs, ease of adjustment/set up.
sbmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 09:26 AM   #14
Tech Master
 
tIANcI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 1,737
Default Re: R12...

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmon
I race at full throttle too. It is true that the r12 is doing extremely well there, but I am in no way convinced it is all the car. I truly believe that it is the person behind the wheel and behind the wrench. Paul Wynn is awesome to watch when he's racing it is amazing how fast he and some of the others are. BUT as great as people say the car is I also think that he would be just as fast/dominating with any car out there. As most everyone will tell you when choosing a car to run. Look at durability(most important for me because of my driving), cost, parts support at your lhs, ease of adjustment/set up.
Hear hear ... well said.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:47 PM   #15
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,214
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: R12...

Quote:
Originally posted by sbmon
I race at full throttle too. It is true that the r12 is doing extremely well there, but I am in no way convinced it is all the car. I truly believe that it is the person behind the wheel and behind the wrench. Paul Wynn is awesome to watch when he's racing it is amazing how fast he and some of the others are. BUT as great as people say the car is I also think that he would be just as fast/dominating with any car out there. As most everyone will tell you when choosing a car to run. Look at durability(most important for me because of my driving), cost, parts support at your lhs, ease of adjustment/set up.
well said , at least you have seen how well that car works,
thanks , see you next weekend at our next club race,
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cyclone belt fjm9898 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 06-17-2008 11:20 PM
wtb; x ray t1 fk o4 rear belt hailmick Australia Wanted to Buy 2 02-20-2008 01:31 AM
Driveshaft or belt? greddytalon Electric On-Road 5 11-20-2007 02:04 PM
AE New Belt Car, but what about the FT TC4 RCpurplecow Electric On-Road 1 10-09-2006 05:38 PM
Shaft or belt? NetBike Nitro On-Road 23 05-13-2004 11:45 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:57 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net