Search

Announcement: ROAR ON ROAD FUEL NATIONALS - 8TH RACERS OF TOLEDO

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Roniel,
Are you running an XRAY NT-1 sedan for the Nats?
Yes He is.... With a PINK Ribbon On the back,
Old 06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

Originally Posted by MHarrison
Yes He is.... With a PINK Ribbon On the back,
HMMMMMM, i ditect a little hate
Old 06-22-2009, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, thanks for the emails on the pit reservations.... Here is another updated list. Get your spot in soon. We are running low on spots left and may need to rent another party tent.

Newer list posted for pit reservations. See latest posting

Last edited by Brian Berry; 06-23-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Mark Harrison. It is important you phone me.

480 385 8946

Dawn
Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Cell Phone Coverage

Just checking cell phone coverage at the track. I have AT&T, of course their website says they have full Cell and 3G coverage but those maps are never correct.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tony Rice
Just checking cell phone coverage at the track. I have AT&T, of course their website says they have full Cell and 3G coverage but those maps are never correct.
Which track, Toledo? Yes there is AT&T 3G coverage at almost full strength on my phone in Toledo. So the coverage is good.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am going to say one last point and I will leave it alone than. I think that the point I made about the rc pro series was taken a bit out of context. I know that on road did not work I was mainly talking on rc pro in general on how you qualify for nationals.

Also Ruben I think what you said on a possible way to qualify would be good.

It is good to see people discuss this without a bunch of Roar bashing.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian Berry
Which track, Toledo? Yes there is AT&T 3G coverage at almost full strength on my phone in Toledo. So the coverage is good.
Yes, Toledo. Thank you for the response.
Never can trust the AT&T web site.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
Mark Harrison. It is important you phone me.

480 385 8946

Dawn
Dawn,
I'm Playin Phone tag .. I'll try again around lunch time Tuesday.
Old 06-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I am going to say one last point and I will leave it alone than. I think that the point I made about the rc pro series was taken a bit out of context. I know that on road did not work I was mainly talking on rc pro in general on how you qualify for nationals.

Also Ruben I think what you said on a possible way to qualify would be good.

It is good to see people discuss this without a bunch of Roar bashing.
100% agreed... Some us saw possible ways to make some improvements. Sharing ideas and views can be positive and the exchange that occurred showed it is possible.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bvoltz
100% agreed... Some us saw possible ways to make some improvements. Sharing ideas and views can be positive and the exchange that occurred showed it is possible.
IMO we need to stay focused on the problems to arrive at a coherent solution.
1. We need more participation, not less. Money is the problem.
2. We do not increase participation by telling people they can't come.
3. The problem is not that we have Pro drivers and novices at the same event; it is that they are driving in the same qualifiers. In practice there is always a mix of fast and slow drivers, but we don't expect to have unfettered access to the track, and that the driver in front of us will always be as fast as we are.
4. It is reasonable to expect that all entrants have a minimal experience in racing protocol and knowledge of ROAR rules. Prior experience at several (1,2,3?) Regional events, or ROAR approved Club Races would satisfy this.
5. The members of this Organization are aging and dropping out. Recruitment is the key to long term success. Restricting access to events will not encourage people to join.
6. We won't long have A mains if we dont have M mains. And nobody cares who races in the M mains except those who do.
jack
Old 06-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

ROAR ANNOUNCEMENTS

June 22, 2009
The ROAR Executive Committee is revising the 1:10 Nitro Tuned Pipe Exhaust Outlet Specification. Effective Immediately, Rule 9.2.4.7 the I.D. Dimension (referenced in Rule 9.2.4.6) for the .12 ROAR/IFMAR Tuned Pipe is revised from Maximum 5.0mm to Maximum 5.2mm.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
ROAR ANNOUNCEMENTS

June 22, 2009
The ROAR Executive Committee is revising the 1:10 Nitro Tuned Pipe Exhaust Outlet Specification. Effective Immediately, Rule 9.2.4.7 the I.D. Dimension (referenced in Rule 9.2.4.6) for the .12 ROAR/IFMAR Tuned Pipe is revised from Maximum 5.0mm to Maximum 5.2mm.
Thank you for the revision. It was hard to stay legal under the current rules since most of the new pipes have 5.2mm stingers on them anyway and pipes with 5.0mm stingers are becoming hard to find.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by clmbia45
IMO we need to stay focused on the problems to arrive at a coherent solution.
1. We need more participation, not less. Money is the problem.
2. We do not increase participation by telling people they can't come.
3. The problem is not that we have Pro drivers and novices at the same event; it is that they are driving in the same qualifiers. In practice there is always a mix of fast and slow drivers, but we don't expect to have unfettered access to the track, and that the driver in front of us will always be as fast as we are.
4. It is reasonable to expect that all entrants have a minimal experience in racing protocol and knowledge of ROAR rules. Prior experience at several (1,2,3?) Regional events, or ROAR approved Club Races would satisfy this.
5. The members of this Organization are aging and dropping out. Recruitment is the key to long term success. Restricting access to events will not encourage people to join.
6. We won't long have A mains if we dont have M mains. And nobody cares who races in the M mains except those who do.
jack
I have been 2 quite a few raceces & the pros have been in there own quals I haven't seen any novices in there heats I could be wrong
Old 06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
I have been 2 quite a few raceces & the pros have been in there own quals I haven't seen any novices in there heats I could be wrong
Of course that's the point I was trying to make; race management can seed most of the racers based on some criteria.
Several years ago, at either the Speedline or the Paris race I was in a qualifier with Josh Cyrul on one side of me and Barry Baker on the other. Needless to say, I was not in the proper company. They are both gentlemen, and forgave me my limitations!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.