Old 07-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

wakakakaka
Old 07-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Default V10 looks encouraging

Originally Posted by Mr_Poo
Andrew:

Sorry was just trying to be funny, I didn't know the G4 was that fragile? Anyway i have run a tank through that motor on the run in bench and it has started to loosen up nicely. Think it is time to install it into a car for track time
Uhm.. Today, A Shepherd failed to finish, as did a capricorn, and a Serpent. Oh wait there was this OLD Mugen... it won! Our Velox is still fresh, double grub screws in the front side pulley and it looks ready for State Champs. The TM we run is rolling better than any car Red KFactory bearings rock. It's a shame a lot of the V10 bearings arent the same, I feel like replacing as man as I can. Jeff was having belt breakage problems, something seemed wrong with his V10 but while it was running, it was incredible and the V10 sat on the tail of a Capricorn for many laps and made it look easy.

Something inside keeps telling me the tolerances on a Shepherd arent as tight as the TM and I might get Guy to use some loctite all round before we go out to race.

happy ranting...

h
Old 07-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Andrew,

I just checked mine and the rears measure 74.8mm and the fronts are 69mm. Thats with the original Shepherd ball ends.

The ball ends are screwed roughly half way on the threads.

Still nice and strong and still plenty of adjustment if needed and they work with whatever droop i'm running.

Hope this helps.....
Mike:

Are you running away from me again Looks like your Velox is for sale on eBay!
Old 07-17-2011, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Mike:

Are you running away from me again Looks like your Velox is for sale on eBay!
Yeah mate some work issues atm, so backing off RC a little for know running 1/8th scale on a very slim budget .........

Awesome car just a pitty evrything has worked out the way it has but what do you do.

If i get back into tourer i will get another for sure. Good luck with it if you need anything dont hesitate to contact Jeffy @ Trackside RC he will go out of his way to help you out with any info.....
Old 07-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello

i need a good quality LIFE RECEIVER PACK for the v10. WHERE DO I GET THIS IN THE USA?

thanks
Old 07-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MrHistory
Hello

i need a good quality LIFE RECEIVER PACK for the v10. WHERE DO I GET THIS IN THE USA?

thanks
Check the dealers for Shepherd Products. They all should have them and if they are out they can order it for you we have them in stock.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

If I can be of service to anyone please give a shout. My web page for the Velox V10 is under construction at the present time so just email me and we will immediately help you.
Old 07-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Yeah mate some work issues atm, so backing off RC a little for know running 1/8th scale on a very slim budget .........

Awesome car just a pitty evrything has worked out the way it has but what do you do.

If i get back into tourer i will get another for sure. Good luck with it if you need anything dont hesitate to contact Jeffy @ Trackside RC he will go out of his way to help you out with any info.....
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about work, I work in retail and everyone is feeling the pinch at the moment. All the best with it and hope to see you back soon...

Andrew

Last edited by Bundy_Bear; 07-17-2011 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default v10 Eleven

hey Guys, does anyone have the part number for the front spool with one ways, and where to get one?
Old 07-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
hey Guys, does anyone have the part number for the front spool with one ways, and where to get one?
You will find it on this link: "http://www.rcmanufactory.com/prodshow.php?id=729". Send an E-mail message to Peter with your requests. He'll respond with the invoice and payment instructions, and he is also very reliable and fast.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Initiate

You are looking for part number 506200 and all the dealers should have them in stock. If not have your dealer get with us to order we have them in inventory.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShepherdAmerica
You are looking for part number 506200 and all the dealers should have them in stock. If not have your dealer get with us to order we have them in inventory.
Great! Thanks for the info.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Great! Thanks for the info.
No problem.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
You will find it on this link: "http://www.rcmanufactory.com/prodshow.php?id=729". Send an E-mail message to Peter with your requests. He'll respond with the invoice and payment instructions, and he is also very reliable and fast.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Lars? this is the Shepherd Thread not Team Magic?
Old 07-31-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default v10

The v10 was a treat to run short of the battery pack which we will be working on to resolve. It was our first major outing with it and it performed superbly.

Transmission was faultless, the out of box setup was drivable and the most impressive aspect was the balance of the car. When the tail snapped out it had a tendency to correct itself. Most impressed.

Check out Jeff Hamon's suspension setup thru the sweep compared to Mugens and Capricorns.

http://www.youtube.com/user/therealb.../0/7Cay8TnBUwc

cheers

h

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.