Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Replies.

It was a run in session for engines and clutches. With the very few laps at moderate speed my son really liked the feel of the car. Having driven TM's for 3 years, it's not surprising it would feel good.

The clutch loosened up and glad to hear the bearings are durable, will use it until it fails.

MS, Yes Jeff is a good buddy and we have his support as well. Just dont have the front sway blocks in stock and will get them.

Short of the third post that Guy made himself (courtesy to M Rheinhard) for the idea, it's stock 2011 and we changed the body post pivot thingies from TM.

Looking forward to see it in full flight and will capture some footage to post on our bumpy track.

h

PS: Jeff World's Shell makes it go faster too!
Old 05-06-2011, 02:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

To all Shepherd drivers!!!

Shepherd Micro Racing is working on some changes for U.S. distribution.

Please give us a week more to announce the final facts.

You can be sure that all Shepherd Products will be available in the next two weeks.

We are sorry for this situation.....

Best Regards

Armin

Shepherd-Micro-Racing
Old 05-08-2011, 01:23 AM
Suspended

Shepherd V10 is European B champion after an awsome thrilling race.

http://www.redrc.net/2011/05/patrick...200mm-b-title/

Congratulations Patrick Nähr!
Old 05-19-2011, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys,

Thought I would share some pic's of my Velox V10, I have fitted a fair few Team-C hop ups and they fit excellent.

So far the car has helped me do my personal best at my local track.

It is a 2010 with all the 2011 upgrades I use RB engines which I can't fault.

Awesome car Shepherd keep it up.

Michael Schroder

Last edited by Mike Schroder; 10-25-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default Looks great..

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hey guys,

Thought I would share some pic's of my Velox V10, I have fitted a fair few Team-C hop ups and they fit excellent.

So far the car has helped me do my personal best at my local track.

It is a 2010 with all the 2011 upgrades I use RB engines which I can't fault.

Awesome car Shepherd keep it up.

Michael Schroder
Are the pink springs harder? And do you use the standard front droop part or the Alu ones?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default more eye candy

some more eye candy for everyone
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd Velox V10-img_0058.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-img_0050.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-img_0048.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-img_0060.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by blis
Are the pink springs harder? And do you use the standard front droop part or the Alu ones?
Hi H,

Nah the springs are xray pink ??? I think (not sure of xray colours and ratings there to close in colour). The spring is softer than the kit green spring which I have been running I will try them soon.

I use the team c sway bar holder and the std carbon fibre droop adjusters.
Old 05-24-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Adept

I need help!!

I bought 2 v10's. The problem is that the pivot balls in one kit are too long. With them screwed all the way in, the car is too wide---204mm. These are black in color.

I have a race this weekend and no time to get replacements from Shepherd. Does anyuone know if any other brand pivot balls will work?

Thanks for any help.
Old 05-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nomorals09
I need help!!

I bought 2 v10's. The problem is that the pivot balls in one kit are too long. With them screwed all the way in, the car is too wide---204mm. These are black in color.

I have a race this weekend and no time to get replacements from Shepherd. Does anyuone know if any other brand pivot balls will work?

Thanks for any help.
All I did with mine on the rear was cut down the threads by 3mm on both sides. Pivot ball still goes into the arm with plenty of threads and gives you alot more adjustment.

Or place all your shims on the axle first then insert into the bearings so all the shims are on the inside for now.

hope this helps good luck on the weekend............
Old 05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nomorals09
I need help!!

Thanks for any help.
dremel it, but check before if your rear tires are 2 degree offset?
Old 05-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you guys
Old 05-26-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Regular

V-10 Dudes,

Need some help. The front steering blocks on my car are a weak link to having a good race weekend or spending to much time in the pits replacing a Steering block.

I am constantly having to replace or just put the steering ball back thru the steering block. Normally, it is the lower ball that is pulled out of the block.

Has any tried a different brand of steering block to see if the axles and dog bones will work? (Kyosho, Mugen, X-Ray)

It would be nice to say that I will never hit anything, but the only way that will happen is if I do not put the car on the track with another car.

Thanks,
Old 05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've had good luck with Mugen MTX4 knuckles. You'll need the knuckles, pivot balls/caps, bearings, and wheel axles. The Shepherd cvd shafts will work. This setup is much stronger than the stock stuff, but heavier.. I switched back to the shepherd setup for lighter weight.

Another thing to consider is the bumper. With the foam bumpers, I've had lots of problems pulling pivot balls through the knuckles, even just 'scuffing' a pipe. But once I was able to get some of the wide plastic lower bumpers, I've had zero issues. It seems to bounce off of the wider bumper instead of pulling wheels off. The downside is that you will break the bumpers if you hit a wall 'direct' at speed.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Joining the V10 family. Robert at Ashford Hobby has a great selection of parts for the car (though I think I got his last kit before the first Shepherd America shipment arrives). I am very enthusiastic about the addition of Shepherd America and expect good things to come. Once the US Team is formed there should be much more discussion here, not to mention next years worlds--many elite drivers on the international team running the V10.

Please share any tech advice for this build.
Cheers / Jason
Old 05-27-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mike Schroder
Hi H,

Nah the springs are xray pink ??? I think (not sure of xray colours and ratings there to close in colour). The spring is softer than the kit green spring which I have been running I will try them soon.

I use the team c sway bar holder and the std carbon fibre droop adjusters.
Hey Mike,

It was a the front sway bar retainer with the grub screws that stripped.. waiting on Jeff to get alloy ones in stock. We took it for a run and a grub screw on the front pulley failed and allowed the pulley to slip out, even with the pulley hanging out the car behaved quite well considering it was only rear wheel drive and the pulley was rubbing on the pipe.

Looking forward to a clean run in the near future.. will keep ya'll posted. So far it looks great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.