Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shepherd Velox V10

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport

I think the guys at Shepherd are doing all they can to give the drivers the best possible support, but at first they only had one car, now they have two so double the work but probably with the same crew.
??? Strange post...
Old 03-21-2010, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMSorber
??? Strange post...
Like I told you in the answer on the PM you send me were you called me someone who came in the thread and started bashing Shepherd while I was actually defending them.

But I will explain my reaction a bit further if there are other people out there who mis-interperted my post.

Shepherd is a relatively small company, I guess the factory has 5-10 people working there, and they recently doubled the amount of cars they offer, from one to two.
I don't think they were able to hire a double amount of people so everyone at the Shepherd factory is really busy, getting the 2010 V8 ready and working on improving and designing optionals for the V10.

For example, they went off to the pre-worlds, in the meantime business continues on so by the time they got back they had a lot of work to do.
Some probably more important then updating a setup sheet, i.e. completing orders, order parts at their suppliers etc.

All I wanted to say is that I wasn't having any doubts about the effort put in by the Shepherd guy's.

But some dutch distributor thought otherwise, and PM'd that I should get off the Shepherd thread because I was bashing them.

I actually stated some pages back, when the car was introduced I really liked it and I was actually thinking of buying one.

Again, I don't want to put any negative attention on Shepherd, I only posted this to clarify my previous post and because someone was questioning the things I stated.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:49 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
I actually stated some pages back, when the car was introduced I really liked it and I was actually thinking of buying one.

Again, I don't want to put any negative attention on Shepherd, I only posted this to clarify my previous post and because someone was questioning the things I stated.
Ah clear answer, no offence.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

V10 new look
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd Velox V10-_d304725.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-_d304731.jpg   Shepherd Velox V10-_d304732.jpg  
Old 03-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hallo,

Yesterday I ran the car for the first time. I used a Novarossi Flash .12 engine. All settings used were standard (kit settings). The clutch and gearbox worked fantastic, nearly no adjustments were needed. In the evening when I checked the car everything looks fine with no signs of any kind of wear.

In two weeks we have the first national race and if everything works like yesterday …

Cheers
Old 03-29-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geberit
Hallo,

Yesterday I ran the car for the first time. I used a Novarossi Flash .12 engine. All settings used were standard (kit settings). The clutch and gearbox worked fantastic, nearly no adjustments were needed. In the evening when I checked the car everything looks fine with no signs of any kind of wear.

In two weeks we have the first national race and if everything works like yesterday …

Cheers
I ran my v10 for the 2nd time yesterday, I made a few minor adjustments, the car seems to react will with small adjustments, but like you on my first run with the kit setup the car felt very good.
I have found an annoying problem thou, if you have any movement on the 2 speed shaft, I usually run a tiny gap so not to put pressure on the bearings, then the pin holding the 2 speed in place falls out, there is next to nothing holding it in place.
But overall I'm happy with the car.
I'm writing a blog covering the progress of me and the guys in the uk shepherd team running the national series, maybe some of you guys in other countries could do the same, be interesting to see how everyone gets on!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am completely satisfied with my purchase now, Like u said jas1 the car does react to small changes, I like being able to tell instantly if Im going the wright way with setup, only prob I had so far was the kit diff oils didnot work at all on the tracks I run, I ended up with 300k up front and 100k rear, Great onpower steering, the v10 steering is prob something like evo2s, it turns in much harder than my evo1, and generates alot more sidebite, this race season is going to b a blast, we hav xrays,mugens,rrr,733,my v10,and 3 labs Where I run.....
Old 03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Parts

Does anyone know where I can find spare suspension parts.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Ashford has good stock!
Old 04-01-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

One of the worlds best rc-car driver joins Team Shepherd for the upcoming season. Marc Rheinard, 2-times IFMAR World Champion, 3-times EFRA European Champion and multi German National Champion, decided to use the Shepherd Velox V10 at this years World Championship in Houston as well as at the European Championship in Goteborg. He will part of the Shepherd factory team to support them with all his racing experience.

Old 04-01-2010, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now the team is complete... Of course now you see why we have huge expectations for this year's WC.

I am working on my set-up sheet now. Yes, we all have been very busy but we are starting to catch up on all these little things....

For the record - I run the shocks in the outside hole on the front arms... Depending on the rims you use/off-set yes they will touch a little but nothing major.

I have to finish checking my car... Set-up sheet coming in a few minutes...
Old 04-01-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Here's my set-up from the Pre-WC....

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Shepherd Velox V10-v10_prewc_2010.jpg  
Old 04-01-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Mr cyrul. What was achieved by placing the 1mm spacer under the frnt upper arm mount?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

A little less camber change in the front - Made the car stay a little flatter in the front so the inside rear wheel wouldn't diff out when you drove it hard into those chicanes there in Houston....
Old 04-01-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the reply, I'm going to try that At my local track, there r 2 fast chicanes that I bet it would help.......the car is great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.