Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Only one Onkel Sow? Does he not have the RING? Anything is possible ya know...
Hmm, I think the dummies book put him off ring mastership, and he's never been too successful with the force He's heading in the direction of Highlander now - changed his name to McSow and he is messing with imortality.....must be an age thing
Old 09-02-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Damn, it's Friday and no pics?

I think I've misplaced by good old Nikon digicam somewhere. Did some tricks on the car with regards to the tank cap and the additional rear shock tower for the body post courtesy of Mark Green. Also did a simple cable tie pull system to grab the car up and open the fuel tank simultaneously for fast refuel.

So what's new in the engine department? Thanks to Goldfinger, I have installed the main ceramic bearing in my engine but have not put in the KHM crankshaft yet.

Anyway, I found the ceramic bearing really tight on the crankshaft. Don't know why. Perhaps its the tight tolerances... With this new bearing, I realised that the crankshaft is kinda tappered very slightly at the end near the crankshaft head / outlet where the main bearing sits. Anyway, the bearing is really light and it spins really smooth.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

I think I've misplaced by good old Nikon digicam somewhere. Did some tricks on the car with regards to the tank cap and the additional rear shock tower for the body post courtesy of Mark Green. Also did a simple cable tie pull system to grab the car up and open the fuel tank simultaneously for fast refuel.

So what's new in the engine department? Thanks to Goldfinger, I have installed the main ceramic bearing in my engine but have not put in the KHM crankshaft yet.

Anyway, I found the ceramic bearing really tight on the crankshaft. Don't know why. Perhaps its the tight tolerances... With this new bearing, I realised that the crankshaft is kinda tappered very slightly at the end near the crankshaft head / outlet where the main bearing sits. Anyway, the bearing is really light and it spins really smooth.

So many goodies!!!...2Moro Klang?

I just busted my ceramic bearings a week ago...the shield on the smaller bearing got ripped apart and debris went into the engine and did it's thing...
Old 09-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by markp27
He's heading in the direction of Highlander now - changed his name to McSow and he is messing with imortality.....must be an age thing
ROTF

Hope he's not in kilts.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Elite

I think I've misplaced by good old Nikon digicam somewhere. Did some tricks on the car [....]
You tell us all that and then say you can't provide any pics You are cruel!!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by crashed_1

I just busted my ceramic bearings a week ago...the shield on the smaller bearing got ripped apart and debris went into the engine and did it's thing...
Is it recoverable?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Tech Prophet

Perhaps. Your morning or my morning? I need to follow somebody. Don't have good sense of direction.

Damn. I thought I could keep a secret but you surely know when to creep in and out to dig secrets.

Which engine is this? RRL12 or on the JP? Did it damaged the piston / sleeve?

I know Goldfinger mentioned to me that the Boca front ceramic bearing is not soo reliable and therefore discouraged me to get it. I only got the main bearing.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Prophet

You tell us all that and then say you can't provide any pics You are cruel!!!!!

Just wanted to see if I haven't loss my touch yet !
Old 09-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

ROTF

Hope he's not in kilts.
You never know! He was in Scotland for a few weeks with his Claymore sword.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Tech Elite

Just wanted to see if I haven't loss my touch yet !
Thought as much.....you've got the Ring again
Old 09-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Perhaps. Your morning or my morning? I need to follow somebody. Don't have good sense of direction.

Damn. I thought I could keep a secret but you surely know when to creep in and out to dig secrets.

Which engine is this? RRL12 or on the JP? Did it damaged the piston / sleeve?

I know Goldfinger mentioned to me that the Boca front ceramic bearing is not soo reliable and therefore discouraged me to get it. I only got the main bearing.
The RR12...just got a new set of p/s... Damn bearings. The bearings are hard...the case that holds them are not. Be extra careful with the fit. Anyways, what time are you planning to go?...It's quite easy to get there. I think theres a map on the Klang thread...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Thought as much.....you've got the Ring again
Damn, and all this while i tot i was holding on to the ring. So whats this circular thing in my hands?...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Be extra careful with the fit.
What do you mean be careful with the fit? What is tight? Their sitting into the casing?

Anyways, what time are you planning to go?...It's quite easy to get there. I think theres a map on the Klang thread...
I still get lost with or without a map ! I plan to go in the morning about 9 to 10 (my morning that is ).
Old 09-03-2004, 12:03 AM
Tech Prophet

Damn, and all this while i tot i was holding on to the ring. So whats this circular thing in my hands?...

I mentioned previously that there are a lot of false ones going around.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

That's your main bearing D also used a Jedi Mind trick, to make you think it was the ring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.