Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by jfc_tech
Julius just use 16% fuel...now isn't that great!!
Tell me that others were using up to 30%..if its so, i wanna use back my 16% fuel to race. I wanna try and show my friends that using 16% also can make u a winner.
EFRA rules makes us run 16%.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Julius
oh ok....

whats 'microburst' that can hit plane and make it crash???(saw in discovery channel)
Old 03-30-2004, 12:21 AM
Tech Prophet

Hey Julius, you mentioned in the setup about the new conical header. Which one is that? 2175?

Is the 2175 longer or shorter than the 2174?

And also, is the shape of the Stratus made by Frewer version 1.0 or more like the newer 2.1?
Old 03-30-2004, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Hey Julius, you mentioned in the setup about the new conical header. Which one is that? 2175?

Is the 2175 longer or shorter than the 2174?

And also, is the shape of the Stratus made by Frewer version 1.0 or more like the newer 2.1?
Not sure about the product #. The length is about the same just conical shape to the manifold.

The Frewer stratus is close to the 2.1 Protoform.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Prophet

The length is about the same just conical shape to the manifold.
How does the different conical shape affect the powerband? I thought it was only due to pipe length...
Old 03-30-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Elite

Not sure about the product #. The length is about the same just conical shape to the manifold.

The Frewer stratus is close to the 2.1 Protoform.
Maybe you could post a pic of your car, so we can see those KLM colours
Old 03-30-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by markp27
Maybe you could post a pic of your car, so we can see those KLM colours
Agreed...

I need to get a compressor for my airbrush, then I will post my car once I've painted it...
Old 03-30-2004, 04:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

this is what I would like to do to hpi and mugen...

Guys...

Movement in the force I sense...

Let us grab our things and fight to win...

May your serpent be your weapon and may the enemy kiss...

Beat them till they submit to the force... and the Serpent Clan
Old 03-30-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Dry or wet graphite grease? I have tired neither. But dry graphite grease will just be blown away easily. What you need is something sticky.
I agree. What I use is something most people wouldnt think about. The black grease from my mighty dremel set

Stays forever. Although I do clean it off and reapply after every run just to keep everything clean.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Julius just use 16% fuel...now isn't that great!!
Tell me that others were using up to 30%..if its so, i wanna use back my 16% fuel to race. I wanna try and show my friends that using 16% also can make u a winner.
Like was posted by both Schrijver99 and Julius Efra restrict us to 16% max. However, whether you are running 16% or 30% is not an issue. Ambient Temperature is more a deciding factor. I would guess that Malaysia is a really hot country most of the time. In this situation 30% would be more beneficial as it helps cool the engine. But on cooler areas like the UK were we rarely see over 12degC at best of times 16% can actually make the engine perform better. Nitro requires high temps to combust so in cold temps excess nitro content doesnt benefit as it lays in the cylinder. Due to not getting full combustion this reduces the power of the engine for starters and also after a while induces the engine to start ceasing (vapour-lock) or running iratically. This is one of the most common reasons for constant flameouts.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:15 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Marcos...
I've checked yer setup for FULL THROTTLE SPEEDWAY, yer rear toe-in was at +1.0 deg...isn't it too loose at the rear? im just curious
(the setup quite like mine, except the rear toe-in, engine, fuel & body)
its perfect and i have the drs on the above position
Old 03-30-2004, 05:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
Like was posted by both Schrijver99 and Julius Efra restrict us to 16% max. However, whether you are running 16% or 30% is not an issue. Ambient Temperature is more a deciding factor. I would guess that Malaysia is a really hot country most of the time. In this situation 30% would be more beneficial as it helps cool the engine. But on cooler areas like the UK were we rarely see over 12degC at best of times 16% can actually make the engine perform better. Nitro requires high temps to combust so in cold temps excess nitro content doesnt benefit as it lays in the cylinder. Due to not getting full combustion this reduces the power of the engine for starters and also after a while induces the engine to start ceasing (vapour-lock) or running iratically. This is one of the most common reasons for constant flameouts.
Agreed, Also nitro only really helps with idling and to smooth out tuning, Pylon racers in aircraft run no nitro, only methanol and oil, and small quantities of oil, methanol makes the power. To get the most power out of an engine, many guys run fuel with an oil content as low as 6%, sometimes lower, as if you have less oil, you can have more methanol. But remember that if you change your fuel, you will need to run the motor very lightly for a few tanks as you will need to let the motor settle with the new fuel. Fuel can be a very big difference in racing. If you have an identical setup, but your have a 4% difference in the oild content, racers will feel the difference, and the clock will show it.

As a hobbiest, or the weekend racer at a club, you will be able to get away with using 8% oil in your fuel, BUT, you will need a very high quality oil like the oil used in Morgan Fuels or Byron's fuel. I have the Sidewinder oil at home for mixing. Make sure it is around 50% castor, and 50% Synthetic to give you the best of both worlds as castor burns 'dirty', but protects the engine at high temperatures whereas synthetics protect better at low temperatures, but burns off at higher temperatures.

JFC Tech, if you go to the your LHS and ask them to mix you some fuel to these specs, you could go down to about 10% nitro, 10% Oil, and 80% Methanol... and whip guys with 16% nitro, and 12% oil... Small tip to help for power...
Old 03-30-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I ordered right from that website I posted Baxter. Get the 4oz with the needle. Way to messy if you use a aerosol spray. I ordered two bottles of the 40z with the needle, should last me a few years.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
I ordered right from that website I posted Baxter. Get the 4oz with the needle. Way to messy if you use a aerosol spray. I ordered two bottles of the 40z with the needle, should last me a few years.
Hey Super, Thank you. I will place an order too. I need some decent lube for many things... (for the honey bunny) but my car will benefit most.
Old 03-30-2004, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BaxterC
Agreed, Also nitro only really helps with idling and to smooth out tuning, Pylon racers in aircraft run no nitro, only methanol and oil, and small quantities of oil, methanol makes the power.
Yep, but try telling that to guys that think otherwise. Its a common thing that people believe Nitro makes the power but thats just bad communication from the fuel manufacturers and people that dont understand.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.