Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 11:18 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Proficar403
As far as I'm concerned so far, the one way in the 710 feels more like a solid axle than the solid axle does.
Ummm, I think you're describing your on power out of the corner experience with the solid axle front and oneway front?
Old 03-26-2004, 11:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
That I would agree with because i have known nothing but one-way from my 1:8th days.
Just to put things straight, the 1/8th scale has very wide rear tires on a solid rear axle which makes handling different and more stable altogether than a 1/10th scale TC. You could brake hard even on a oneway front on a 1/8th scale because of the stability.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by rodrigo1508
Can anyone please tell what effect does the front solid axle has on the handling?
Thanks
Off power steering decreases. On sweeping corners, you will feel some drag on the car. Nothing like a smooth, sharp and fast cornering of a oneway front.

On power steering should be close as good as a oneway front.
Old 03-26-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by InitialD
Just to put things straight, the 1/8th scale has very wide rear tires on a solid rear axle which makes handling different and more stable altogether than a 1/10th scale TC. You could brake hard even on a oneway front on a 1/8th scale because of the stability.
Thats true. I was just stating that I prefer the 1-way as I always used it. But regardless of size you should be able to brake any car hard with a 1-way and get the same reaction. It's all a matter of how much work you put into making sure the car is completely balanced from side to side as well as front to rear. With the 705 I would nearly say its nearly impossible to do so regardless due to the ill-handling effects of the car but I was more than capable of braking my Yok dead straight with a 1-way regardless of how hard the brakes were applied (but I did spend a lot of time prepping it unlike the 705).
But in saying that I never much got to show that as I never use any brakes unless it is really necessary (those times when a car appeared in the line of fire from nowhere. Just hate when that happens ).
Old 03-26-2004, 11:42 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Palmaris Europe
But regardless of size you should be able to brake any car hard with a 1-way and get the same reaction. It's all a matter of how much work you put into making sure the car is completely balanced from side to side as well as front to rear.
I somewhat disagree... While you could control how the car tweaks perfectly on the board with equal diameter tires, equal shocks, equal droop and etc, you can hardly control these parameters in the corse of racing on the track. Unequal rear tire wear (left to right) and the uneven track surface conditions makes for uneven rear tire contact from left to right.

The much wider 1.8th scale rear wheels evens out all these parameters that makes uneven rear tire contact patch. Sort of like having a wide setup sweat spot on the 710...
Old 03-26-2004, 11:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

I somewhat disagree... While you could control how the car tweaks perfectly on the board with equal diameter tires, equal shocks, equal droop and etc, you can hardly control these parameters in the corse of racing on the track. Unequal rear tire wear (left to right) and the uneven track surface conditions makes for uneven rear tire contact from left to right.

The much wider 1.8th scale rear wheels evens out all these parameters that makes uneven rear tire contact patch. Sort of like having a wide setup sweat spot on the 710...
Found one of those topics we agree to disagree
Old 03-26-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The New JP 2004 blue heads are in

Originally posted by Schrijver99
Don't think so, becausse The Border isn't a official distributor of JP.
In Holland, Modelsport Hoofddorp is the official distributor (my LHS) See also at JP internet site:JP Distributors
were just a dealer but bigger

about the bearings yes we have them too we will up-load it.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

D, please change your avatar. Much as I like our national flower, it doesn't look right ... in fact in looks like it belongs to a xxx site.
Old 03-26-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

More like 51 to me !
Shhh! Not so loud please!
Old 03-26-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Well, using a particular OS does not make you a techie ! I bet crashed_1 cannot read it !
Actually its open to interpretation, as the significance of the 0s and 1s is mearly an interaction between the visual cortex and the brain synapses which are stimulated by photons hitting the light sensative nerve cells of the eye. Crashed_1 rather artisic interpretation (enhanced by his commendable choice of Operating System - the popular choice of all artistically gifted people) of the pattern of 1s and 0s is, of course, also valid. It is just that those less giften than he (i.e. those using "that other" OS) won't actually understand nor grasp the significance of his interpretation.

Old 03-26-2004, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Schrijver99
Good luck, i'm also nitro/electric driver for me it's a Schumacher MI2 (Forget X-ray - when is Serpent comming with their Electro..........)
Ask Rene when you see him - I asked for one and got told off from Julius for swearing

Why'd you choose a schumacher over an Xray? Just out of interest.
Old 03-26-2004, 02:41 PM
Suspended

To InitialD

hey D where can I buy or find NovaMega Engines?

My local hobby shop doesnt carry any of those engines also i was looking for the novarossi ns12s3 but my LHS carries only TOP engines which one of those is similar to the s3
Old 03-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by markp27
Actually its open to interpretation, as the significance of the 0s and 1s is mearly an interaction between the visual cortex and the brain synapses which are stimulated by photons hitting the light sensative nerve cells of the eye. Crashed_1 rather artisic interpretation (enhanced by his commendable choice of Operating System - the popular choice of all artistically gifted people) of the pattern of 1s and 0s is, of course, also valid. It is just that those less giften than he (i.e. those using "that other" OS) won't actually understand nor grasp the significance of his interpretation.

Ahhhh ... that explains why when I'm in the "zone" and racing quite faaaast, my 710 looks like a bunch of 1' and 0s in a world that seems greeeeen.

Old 03-26-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Ahhhh ... that explains why when I'm in the "zone" and racing quite faaaast, my 710 looks like a bunch of 1' and 0s in a world that seems greeeeen.

So HOW do you get in the zone?

Old 03-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sow&Steady
So HOW do you get in the zone?

Ooops ... apologies guys. I was trying out the vB codes. Was reading the guidelines on RCTech and tried to see how one can link images to another page elsewhere.

Clicked the Submit button by mistake iinstead of Preview button.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.