MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
whose ti hingepins(mtx-4)?

let's see how long we can get a thread about a car that isn't even rumored
mate dont comment on something you no nothing about, there is a rumor and there is even the proto-type so i would say there is a huge chance this car will come out either late 2009 early 2010.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

"would say there is a huge chance" sounds like speculation too me, meaning no true knowledge...pot-----kettle

you sound kinda defensive

once again who's ti hingepins?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

"would say there is a huge chance" sounds like speculation too me, meaning no true knowledge...pot-----kettle

you sound kinda defensive

once again who's ti hingepins?
I run mugen ti hinge pins. I'm actually still using the pins that came with my mtx-3 prospect. I just recently change my ti-pivot balls that were also part of my mtx-3 prospect. I got 4 yrs of service out of the mugen ti-pivot balls and they are still staight just the ball-end has worn down about .006/in. still usable in a pinch. Mugen's ti-parts are great.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

whose ti hingepins(mtx-4)?

let's see how long we can get a thread about a car that isn't even rumored
Bro, even so, its nice to talk about what we can speculate.

We are all enjoying the hobby.. dun take it too serious
Old 12-09-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default what i like about Mugen

When you have to buy replacement parts like a-arms and suspension parts you get extra parts and they cost the same as other brands where you would get just the one part.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

any updates?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

any updates?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

when i talked to mugen they said dont expect a new car till after this season
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CREWMAN
when i talked to mugen they said dont expect a new car till after this season
Agree'd. I talked to Mike this weekend and he said don't count on it. IMO they have much more lucrative projects to work on.. like the buggy that just came out.. Onroad seems to be on a downturn lately.. for whatever reason doesn't matter. As it stands the same car won the worlds in what 06 with furakowa(sp?). As it stands, you give the worlds best drivers a piece of sheet metal with wheels and they will get the very best out of it and with a little luck they will win.

Personally I would like to see a new MTX---? because everyone knows the drivetrain needs some love to be more efficient and they are aware of it. But its still competitive in the right hands no matter what. and as there are many different cars out, with many different drivers winning its hard to say which is truely the best car... IMO its what you as a driver/ mechanic thinks is best.

cheers
Old 01-26-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I also think the drive train needs a little tweaking. But I would be happy to wait until next year for a new model. I'm still pulling more performance out of the current model.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Tech Regular

I just had to resurrect this thread considering the amount of all new 200mm nitro chassis coming out this year. If TM can blindside everyone and announce the G4 II, what's not to say I'll be reading about the MTX-5 next week in RedRC.

Here's to hoping?
Old 02-18-2009, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
I just had to resurrect this thread considering the amount of all new 200mm nitro chassis coming out this year. If TM can blindside everyone and announce the G4 II, what's not to say I'll be reading about the MTX-5 next week in RedRC.

Here's to hoping?
I had a long chat with Robert Pietsch at the Nuremberg toy fair about the new Mugen 200mm car.

He's got the design pretty much finished, but he is not sure when Mugen will go into production with the car.

Expect a completely revised and lightened drive train amongst other good stuff.

We have to keep in mind that the 8th scale worlds this year will have priority over the 200 mm car.
My guess is, that we'll see the car towards the end of this season, rady to go for next year.
Old 02-18-2009, 01:15 AM
Tech Elite

Btw, it's TM's sole purpose in life to blind side everybody, especially their distributors.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If they are coming out with a new car for the start of the 2010 season, it would be nice for them fix the car stripping gears issue. This has cost me in some local/regional races, especially stripping out right near the end of races. Also, if they can lighten the car up just a bit more right out the box, it would be appreciated.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mugen driver reporting for duty !!

Pls dont come out with a new car yet Mugen!!, I just got my MTX4R about 3 months ago !! hhahaha..

But seriously, i dont know what reasons Mugen need to upgrade a whole car for. Some hop ups (which are already mostly available) would suffice.

I think this car is more than capable of holding its own against anything out there today. NT1's, 720's, G4II's.. bring it all on.. Im sure any good driver with a Mugen could put them in their place and represent !!

Go Mugen !! Best decision ive ever made RC wise..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.