Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What is going on with Serpent in the US market? >

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

The Veteq days are long gone. If you had a bad experiance with the veteq forgive Serpent. Serpent tried to get ahead of all the other cars. The Veteq did not work so Serpent went to the NT. The NT was a good car.
Serpent has had time to rebound,they have done a fine job. I went to last years National after not racing for 4 years and put the car in the final. The 960 is a awsome car. The 960 08 had the fastest lap at the Nationals and finished 2nd. Let Serpent figure out what is best for the company to provide the racers with the best car at a good price for the customer in this
hard economy.

Team driver
Marty Barnes
Old 09-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Tech Regular

The Veteq days are long gone. If you had a bad experiance with the veteq forgive Serpent. Serpent tried to get ahead of all the other cars. The Veteq did not work so Serpent went to the NT. The NT was a good car.
Serpent has had time to rebound,they have done a fine job. I went to last years National after not racing for 4 years and put the car in the final. The 960 is a awsome car. The 960 08 had the fastest lap at the Nationals and finished 2nd. Let Serpent figure out what is best for the company to provide the racers with the best car at a good price for the customer in this
hard economy.

Team driver
Marty Barnes
Old 09-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by snakebarnes960

Team driver
Marty Barnes
In Holland we have a brand of toilet cleaner called WC-eend which is translated "Toilet duck" (because the shape of the bottle) and they have a slogan: "We from Toilet duck advise you to use Toilet duck"
This slogan is well known and always mentioned by others when factories or their people advise you to use their stuf.

The fact is that people are switching over and for the first time tasted the other car which seems to taste better....
Old 09-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Roelof
In Holland we have a brand of toilet cleaner called WC-eend which is translated "Toilet duck" (because the shape of the bottle) and they have a slogan: "We from Toilet duck advise you to use Toilet duck"
This slogan is well known and always mentioned by others when factories or their people advise you to use their stuf.

The fact is that people are switching over and for the first time tasted the other car which seems to taste better....
i must agree with him. (nice slogan) i gotta use that one
Old 09-27-2008, 02:11 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

These same people also are seeing, that at first it seems the other brand tastes better and cheaper, but also wears faster....
Old 09-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Lord

Not only those 2 Martin, also others with 1/10 models did switch over to another brand and they love it and I know people did switch in the last weeks. And even the best dutch teamdriver seems to have a new sponsordeal with another brand.

And what you are talking about is bull, the wear is not more or less
Old 09-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I see. So, instead we are supposed to believe what a bunch of nobodies in the industry are saying? Do you have any inside knowledge of Serpent? Do you know exactly what is going on? Or are just speculating?

Like I’ve said before, I have no problems getting any Serpent product that I need. They might be restructuring the way the company works, I don’t know. Until someone that we know works at Serpent America or Serpent headquarters comes on here and makes an announcement I will assume that all is well, and I will continue supporting the company.

There seems to be some people on here that are salivating at the mouth at the thought of Serpent going out of business, and they all seem to run the same brand of cars, yet they are really nobody in the RC business.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Well,

Just trying here....

Since you serpent guys have no trouble in getting serpent parts could you please tell me where to get part nr 301036 for Serpent F-180 I´m really desperate in get this..oh and of course a store that ship to my country.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Try Kamakaze or Ashford. They always have what I need.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Something everyone on here should keep in mind is that if Serpent went out of buisness (which I don't think they are), it would be very bad for us all. When there are multiple companies manufacturing competitive cars, that means they will compete with each other on pricing and quality. If there was only one company, they could charge whatever they want, have no concern for quality and we would all suffer. Even though I don't run Serpent, I seriously hope all the pessimists on here are wrong and everything is a-ok. Quit spreading the rumors and let's just wait and see like they asked us to.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I personally don't run serpent, but I can tell you Serpent has done VOLUMES for our 1/8 sport. Most of our cars we run now are spin=offs of the original Vector. The Engineer and genious designer Michael Salven tought us all about droop and up-stops and all the settings (and what they do, and what importance they are) in what I call the R/C bible, the set up book for the Vector. I STILL keep it in my pit box. You skeptics bashing here forget Serpent just TQ'd the last Worlds. They may have made mistakes in the far past, but only trying to develop our sport and make our cars better.
So now they are making themselves better and changing in this sucky economy. I applaude them. Also many of you don't know the very transponder you use was invented by former owner Peter Bovets brother. (Thus the "B" in AMB stands for BOVETS.
Like your mom should have told you....if you can't say something nice.......
Old 09-28-2008, 12:17 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Not only those 2 Martin, also others with 1/10 models did switch over to another brand and they love it and I know people did switch in the last weeks. And even the best dutch teamdriver seems to have a new sponsordeal with another brand.
Well Roelof, you know me, I'm not going to make any decision until it is clear which way it goes.
The end of the season is almost there, 1 race left for us, next week (and it's going to be a nice one!)

People switching now to another brand, because of the rumors are just plain stupid to me...
Teamdrivers who are looking for a new sponsordeals, are also not a reason for me to make conclusions.....

And what you are talking about is bull, the wear is not more or less
For sure the steel parts do wear a lot faster...
But i'm not going to argue about this, You left Serpent some time ago, and swore to run there cars never again...
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by speedracer1bp
I personally don't run serpent, but I can tell you Serpent has done VOLUMES for our 1/8 sport.
I believe that there is even something else going on.

It seems that you almost don't see any Serpent. Mugen, Kyosho, etc. in the local hobby shop anymore.
This is because of the webshops.
Not a problem you might think, because for us parts are less expensive this way, but if these cars are not to be found in the LHS, our hobby might just disapear slowely...

rc-connect, the new Serpent distributor in Holland made a statement NOT to deliver to webshops, but only to the LHS.
Also Mugen send a letter to all there distibutors, it is NOT allowed to sell parts trackside anymore....
Old 10-03-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Three weeks ago Paolo of Serpent USA or America, whatever it might be now, posted a reply here that Serpent America will be completely stocked and up and running in 2 weeks time. He also said “We will issue a formal statement next week”. That was 3 weeks ago.
Still with no official statement from the Parent company of Serpent or whatever that might becoming, it seems that that there might be more going on or not going on then anyone knows. Is the owner of Serpent waiting for some distributor here in the USA to make the statement for them? In the mean time Serpent continues to loose market share? What a shame from such a wonderful RC car manufacturer.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Three weeks ago Paolo of Serpent USA or America, whatever it might be now, posted a reply here that Serpent America will be completely stocked and up and running in 2 weeks time. He also said “We will issue a formal statement next week”. That was 3 weeks ago.
Still with no official statement from the Parent company of Serpent or whatever that might becoming, it seems that that there might be more going on or not going on then anyone knows. Is the owner of Serpent waiting for some distributor here in the USA to make the statement for them? In the mean time Serpent continues to loose market share? What a shame from such a wonderful RC car manufacturer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.