Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What is going on with Serpent in the US market? >

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Wow, arent we desperate people who cant wait for an official statement? Just wait some more, is it that hard? Stop making assumptions and jumping to conclusion because it wont help at all...
Old 09-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

well i have just made the move to serpent. what i read here is here say, and its not affecting my personal judgment in any way. certain people have given me the oppurtunity to represent the product here in Australia, and with that comes the respect to still represent the product in the manner in which i was given. certain people have said things here and in other threads about the bunkruptcy and certain closures. i will wait for an official statement, but untill then, the speculation, or someone else who might know more, to leak that info, then they are not doing the product any favours by doing so.
if one really respects the product and wants things to happen, then hold those words back, and let them come out in the way that serpent would like to do so.
i have full faith that the brand will be strong, and the future will be good.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I am not desperate or jumping to any conclusions. Merely commenting on what others have already posted.

Why would I wait on someone to make a statement from a company that has gone bankrupt and put up for sale? That's a good way to wait forever. That's not a jumped conclusion but a documented fact unless Roleof and the other guy forged the post.

All that being said, it sounds like there is something going on in Asia and I would very much like to hear a statement about it. If you think that statement (whatever it says and whenever it comes) is going to mean that everything is just hunky dory and nothing has changed about Serpent and its products and its employees well you are sadly mistaken.

And now I will leave it alone. No sense beating a dead horse (or snake).
Old 09-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Tech Rookie

I think its a global decision of each factorys to leave europe . Europe is to expensive . So the most of the big producers moving out to Asia . There it is much more afordable to produce . I don´t think that Serpent gets bankrupt ...

How I hered the production will be transfert to china but office and other parts will be left in Dutch .....

For sure Serpent goes through hard times at the moment . Here in germany the most drivers said the same and do the same questions about Serpent . But I think its only a changing process . Its near 2-3 Years that Serpent fights with problems . Its not a new situation .

We all hope they will do better prices in the future . Serpent is getting to expensive .
Old 09-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Tech Lord

Bankruptcy is just a fact and is done a lot to get rid of the workers and all other costs to start a new company. Selling the brandname and domainnames is giving some questions.
Yes, it is not a good way of advertising saying you did go bankrupt even if you promise the production is already in Asia and will start a new company but a long periode of silence is not doing well either.

The new internetdomain and adress is bringing us to http://www.world-model.com/
Old 09-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

world model is the distributor of serpent, max, .....in Hong Kong.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

wait till xray has to start paying back those government loans....this will seem like childsplay...
Old 09-20-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys:

As Paolo mentioned before, Serpent America will start operations in a short period of time. We are going to have a new office, phone numbers, emails and web page. A whole new company, Paolo and Doug will be part of the suppor and sales team, this together with those drivers that were sponsored by Serpent USA. This transition had taken longer than spected due to the burocracy and the status of the economy right now.

We had worked in the mid time to have parts available. Also there are already orders on the way. All companies in the RC market are making adusjtments on their structure to work with status of the economy. Serpent just another one making adjustments.

I hope this can clarify what is happening in the US maket as the title asked.

We are working hard to bring serpent to the number 1# spot in customer support in all aspects.

Regards
Edgar Tirado
Old 09-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So much drama, Serpent did a press release about a month ago, about letting go some of the lines and about moving all the manufacturing to asia
it was on redrc.net

As for serpent usa causeing the problems for holland that just does not make
sense, serpent is a world wide company, with distributors around the world
by most standards serpent usa is a small company and the amount of risk
it would pose to a larger company as a drain on the resources is small.

I for one will continue to support serpent they have the best bunch of guys
to race with, hang out and just have fun it has been a pleasure to race for them. and I look forward to the new racing season.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

I really like driving Serpent cars and always continue to do so.To me it looks like They are just trying to stay competitive and grow at the same time as a very weak world market is emerging ...It's a shame that manufacturing couldn't have stayed in europe but what else could they have done. I don't know alot about business but from what I see is that they couldn't just stay with 1/8th scale they had to branch out into other scales and lower manufacturing costs.Manufacturing the cars is asia will give Serpent which I think is a much smaller company then some of the other rc car manufactuers a better chance to compete .Everyone is getting thier manufacturing done in asia and every time I pick up something its made in china so why is it so strange that Serpent would want to do the same ..Go Team Serpent....
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

once serpent gets going all this drama will be forgotten. everything happens for a reason.

hey dj, i used ur neutral set-up. loved it, car handled really freakin good, only thing was the freakin boards didnt give up. Well at least those boards didnt discriminate. everybody had they're share. I kepted popping dog bones etc. i just ordered front cvd's and a wider bumper pad.

thanks for the set-up
Old 09-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ceaz
once serpent gets going all this drama will be forgotten. everything happens for a reason.

hey dj, i used ur neutral set-up. loved it, car handled really freakin good, only thing was the freakin boards didnt give up. Well at least those boards didnt discriminate. everybody had they're share. I kepted popping dog bones etc. i just ordered front cvd's and a wider bumper pad.

thanks for the set-up
Glad it worked for you. I know some of the euro guys use the lola bumper for extra protection. Maybe it is something you can try.

DJ Apolaro
Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Serpent America, Serpent period! Will have my support!
Cant wait to run the 1/8th offroad car! And what ever else is in the future!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Just look at Walmart. China is going to be the world's manufacturer. I see the same thing happening to Xray in the not so soon future. NO one can compete with the cheap labor cost of China!!! Not sure if Mugen and Kyosho parts are made in Japan or China. I do not run Serpent, But I do like there racing breed
Old 09-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

old gossip

when we were in Holland for the 235 uros, we all hada factory trip, the top guts there all were open and told us that production was moving to
asia (did you know serpent own xceed!! who manufacture things ;-)

we were told that shipping and production would be delt with in asia with the "head office" still in holland

did you know the s400 and s120 were both manufactured in asia?
the guys in holland are in the process of allot of reorganizing so dont speculate, wait for an official anouncment.

all is well!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.