Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picco Plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Default Picco Plugs

I am currently running a picco .21 with ofna plugs. I am wondering what brands of plugs will fit the button correctly. I know that os plugs do not and was wondering if all of the italian engines use the same style plugs?
Old 07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bherzog513
I am currently running a picco .21 with ofna plugs. I am wondering what brands of plugs will fit the button correctly. I know that os plugs do not and was wondering if all of the italian engines use the same style plugs?
Turbo? Or standard?
If it is a non-turbo engine, any long plug will work (OS is short). O'Donnel is good.
If it is Turbo, OS, Dynamite, Merlin all work well.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For turbo plugs GRP,OS, and Sirio will fit.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Also for Turbo plugs, OS has a different taper angle than RB and Nova Rossi plugs. Merlin has a Turbo plug that is designed to work in either application.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

ITS TURBO AND THE OS ARE DIFFRENT AND LEAK. The shape of the plug is considerably diffrent. The distributer of the engine also confirmed that the os plugs are diffrent, but I am trying to find plugs that are the same deminsions as the picco plugs.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have a Picco .21 engine and have tried almost all the plugs (except Merlin cause I don't know whos carry them) beside PICCO....OS plugs are by far the CLOSEST thing that you can get BUT it is not perfectly fit. It does get the motor started, get the car moving, however, after your run, you will see FUEL came out from the plugs area, that indicated the plug was not perfectly sealed. Hince...some minimal air leak....not the best performance.

MEGA and PICCO plugs are the best that you can use....however, that is also the reason I am going back to NOVA ROSSI....good luck finding PICCO cold plugs and ready to pay top $$$ for them...they are hard to find and the most expensive compare to any other plugs even the Nova Rossi one....

Not flaming...Picco engine are FAST, just on my case, it blow plugs like every 2 runs or so....and the way they blow plugs, I just cannot afford to spend $50 or so per race day JUST to buy plugs....nor I can buy any.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you blow plugs, you're doing something wrong tuning wise. I've been running the same plug on my P9R since the end of april with no problems.

As far as getting plugs, give Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies a call. The web addy is on my sig, they should have some.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bherzog513
ITS TURBO AND THE OS ARE DIFFRENT AND LEAK. The shape of the plug is considerably diffrent. The distributer of the engine also confirmed that the os plugs are diffrent, but I am trying to find plugs that are the same deminsions as the picco plugs.
I have several PICCO engines and have run OS plugs more than any other brand. They do not leak. Perfect seal every time. Anyhow, Merlin re-designed his turbo plugs to fit PICCO.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Howard (solara), I have at least 5 PICCO head buttons that have never leaked with OS plugs! I have plugs blow when I run too lean or have the engine under-shimmed. I have not been happy with the PICCO plugs when I tried them.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Did you ever put a Nova plug in it? If so you may have distorted the taper in the head a bit. Do not use Nova plugs in a Picco. They may work but I would not advise it. Picco, Mega Picco's and Ofna's would be the best bet.
Old 07-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I run OS plugs in my Mega zx-12 with no problems. No leaks what so ever even after a 30 minute main. I also had good results with LRP plug.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Picco says to not use os plugs period. THey say you can use them and tighten them really damn tight, but a picco plug will no longer work. So does anyone REALLY know if a picco plug is diffrent than all of the others or are there plugs that actually work. If there is not, is it common for buttons off of other motors to fit one another? 12 dollars a plug isnt right from my standpoint, running offroad.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Picco will only recommend you use picco plugs(that's money out of there pocket). If your unsure take you cooling head off and look at the burn room of your engine thru a magnifing glass(with the plug installed. You will actually see how the plugs fit's inside the burn chamber. If its a turbo plug it should fit absolutly flush. Compare this with a picco,os and mega.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You can use the sirio plug as well.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:19 PM
Tech Lord

On a dutch forum I started something to get all plugs in a chart:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.