Old 08-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Good luck Josh. Lay it down brutha!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

Its Andrew from Sydney.... Long time no see..... Good luck at the worlds man. Hope it goes well for you. Try not to get into to much trouble over there. Watch out for Snowy on the weekend. I think he leaves Sydney on Friday. Give him heaps about not racing though. What a big girl. Flying all that way to watch and write a race report.

I was gonna come over but im under the thumb now.......

Anyway have a great time.

Watch out for a couple of fast aussies though.... Peter and Jesse are pretty quick these days...... Mate......
Old 08-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ALL THE BEST!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Josh, so you haven't killed the batteries in the iPod............yet. You should have packed the ear plugs.

Andy, I'll put $8 on Josh.......
Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Josh,

Did Barry find any paint yet? He was asking me if I knew what would work instead of the Pactra cans we're used to over here. I told him he was out of luck and that all the bodies were sent to Spain for painting!

Good luck to you and Mr. Baker. At least you'll get to hit a couple of clubs with real gooooood electronic music if nothing else.

Rick
Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hi Josh.

As Andrew said, I will be making the long jouney over there, arriving on Saturday afternoon sometime. Will be a spectator this time, getting old now so I will leave it to the fast younger guys to battle it out with you.

I'm sure you will have a great chance at winning this one, considering the car & motor package you use now.

Snowy

Last edited by Snowy; 08-06-2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Everyone!! Well, after a meeting up with Mr. Baker in Detroit we flew to Amsterdam and then here to Lisbon. After a quickie stop at the track to check things out we headed over to the hotel to check in and unpack. Unfortunetly, neither of us brought a camera but I'll try to post a little info each day.

The track is pretty big and definatly will be a test of car and motor. The curbing is pretty nice with at least 4" of painted area on the asphalt before the curbing starts. There were a lot of people at the track (only a few racers) working on preparing for the event. I'm sure in the next day or two everything will look a lot different as all the banners are hung and more of the details are finished up but I think it's going to be a great event and a very close/tough race.

Till tommorow!!
you guys be safe & enjoy best of luck
Old 08-07-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Adept

Just to confirm to you guys that Red RC will be present at the Worlds in Lisbon from Monday. We will be doing similar coverage to the last 3 European Championships we have covered in the last month (http://events.redrc.net) and if the internet connection doesnt suck we hope to put some video online too.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Xray/Jaco Bring it Home!!!!

Good luck to Paul, Josh, Mike and the WG bring home a WC …
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 PM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Good luck to all of the USA drivers.

Josh,
Thanks for the update.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:23 PM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RedRC
Just to confirm to you guys that Red RC will be present at the Worlds in Lisbon from Monday. We will be doing similar coverage to the last 3 European Championships we have covered in the last month (http://events.redrc.net) and if the internet connection doesnt suck we hope to put some video online too.
keep up the good work!!!!!!!

from your peruvian friend
Andy
Old 08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Andy - Yep, cost me an extra $100 for over weight fee (yes, that's just the bags!).

So far we've had a blast... Two Americans driving around (semi-lost) looking for the ever important Golden Arches!!...lol... Let's just say we covered a lot of ground on the surrounding freeways laughing about how the heck we were going to get back to the stupid exit for the McD's. Finally, after about 30 minutes we came up on a round about - Right in front of our hotel!! Back at zero, we corrected the wrong directions and had dinner. Then to do a little exploring on the way back to find that there was another McD's and Pizza Hut and other stuff in a mall that was just over this hill from our hotel!! Classic.... So far it's been a good time and we are both ready to go for tommorow. Barry is building up spare diff's and of course I'm surfing around on here!

More tommorrow!!
HOW Are you guys going to goto MC D's Nuts and not have some of that good local food they have there
Old 08-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

Josh...smack Barry in the back of the head for me.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

About to head off to dinner so I'll make this a quickie.

Practice started today with a very slippery/dirty track that progressively got better each run. The first round, drivers were in the 22+ second range, Round 2 say drivers drop into the 20+ second range. Round 3 saw some mid 19's and finally in Round 4 of practice times dropped to 19.0 as we were finally able to put down decient power. The track is still very dirty off line thought so if you miss a corner or make a small mistake you are out in the dust and it takes at least 3-4 corners of running in the groove to clean the tires off and get back up to speed. I am sure that the groove will get wider and traction will continue to rise as the days go on.

I'm not sure all the fastest cars but you could definatly tell the drivers who attended the Pre-Worlds as they definatly had the track down and their cars were running well.

Quickest lap times were 19.0, I know for sure from Dario and Jilles. I think Martin Hudy and others also were in the 19.0-19.1 range. Mr. Baker didn't check his times but is happy with his TM ride. Ralph and myself both ran 19.3's and are looking for a little more steering getting into the corner as well as a little more side bite in the center of the corner. Changes in roll center, tire compound are in the plans for tommorow. Lemiuex was getting around ok but an early 2-speed and slightly different gearing were hurting his engine's performance so he was around 19.7 but I'm sure with some changes he will pick up .4 easily.

The track has a few bumps in critical areas (onto/off the straight) and in the switchback immediatly after the straight so a good shock set-up (and good ride height) are important. Otherwise, the track is pretty straight forward and fun to drive.

I missed two of the rounds today with "issues" that were resolved for the last round so I wasn't very comfortable but overall the car is working well for the first day.

So much for being brief...lol... Ok, dinner time....

Later!!
Old 08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Good luck to all the U.S. drivers, can't wait for the coverage from RedRc as the coverage from the past couple race has been outstanding.

Thanks for the updates so far Josh!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.