Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks guys... Now to ask a silly question!

What impact did the version 2 rear suspension have over version 1? Using V2 rear end, on the standard camber link, does the car have the same amount of camber change as V1????

BB
Old 09-25-2005, 07:15 AM
Tech Rookie

I guess no one is running the rpm bumper?
Old 09-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AndyT ©
Originally Posted by Hoggy
Hey Guys, how do i get the two speed to kick in quicker? tried adjusting the screws, but doesent seem to make a difference
Loosening the adjuster screws on both sides should allow the 2-speed to shift earlier.
Make sure also that the set-screws (over the ball bearing) are set correctly....these adjust the outward throw of the shoes, if theyre wound in too far it`ll throw the 2-speed shoes out too far and it`ll be stuck in 2nd.
Cheers
Try taking the 2 speed apart and cleaning the clutch bell with some motor spray or brake-clean. If your car is relatively new, the oil from the bearings may have gotten in there and is preventing the clutch from 'grabbing'.

This exact thing happened to me. I cleaned it, and bingo, my 2 speed worked again.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Thanks guys... Now to ask a silly question!

What impact did the version 2 rear suspension have over version 1? Using V2 rear end, on the standard camber link, does the car have the same amount of camber change as V1????

BB
I'm far from an expert, but I just changed to the version 2 rear suspension yesterday, and I definitely noticed a difference in my car's handling. The rear seems much more firmly planted, and doesn't slide out quite as unpredictably anymore.

It isn't quite as smooth though. The upper links have rotating metal hubs within plastic, and they aren't all consistently smooth. That affects suspension travel. Plus, both the pivot balls are on the bottom now, making for double the friction down there.

As for camber, you actually have another hole to choose for camber links. I use this new, middle inside hole, and it gives greater camber response during suspension travel. I noticed an improvement in side to side tire wear using it.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aphinity
I'm far from an expert, but I just changed to the version 2 rear suspension yesterday, and I definitely noticed a difference in my car's handling. The rear seems much more firmly planted, and doesn't slide out quite as unpredictably anymore.

It isn't quite as smooth though. The upper links have rotating metal hubs within plastic, and they aren't all consistently smooth. That affects suspension travel. Plus, both the pivot balls are on the bottom now, making for double the friction down there.

As for camber, you actually have another hole to choose for camber links. I use this new, middle inside hole, and it gives greater camber response during suspension travel. I noticed an improvement in side to side tire wear using it.

Thank you... the reason i was asking is my local track is concrete an we have to run on rubber tyres. Normally you want to run as little camber change as possible when running on rubbers. I think the revison to the rear end was more for foam tyre users etc, but i am worried how it will effect us rubber users :S

BB
Old 09-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Here is a pic of my car
What you can't see is the brand new KFactory chassis & RPM bumper
KFactory top plate, side brace, front shock tower & mount, KFactory 3shoe clutch & flywheel, KFactory tank plus a standard Assoc. pipe modified by me

Old 09-25-2005, 06:15 PM

We use the RPM bumper its the only thing that will not break, forget the AE and IRS carbon fiber that don't last. I have used the same RPM bumpber since it cam out with no problems, its heavier but worth it! The best results for us on the V2 parts is use the links so that are at their longest points. But we incurred alot of tire coning with the V2, the car handled and chassis roll is much better, but seemed to gain more chamber. I added 2mm spacers under the link on the outer hub. I figured this to help give it less chamber gain but other fellow racers says that gives it more. But coning went away and so we use the spacer in the links I even tried removing them and changing nothing else and coning came back. So I dunno??? Works for us! Bob
Old 09-25-2005, 10:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yep, the RPM bumper is getting very positive comments from what I`ve heard....the stock bumper loses shape and will eventually distort enough to "unweight" the front of the car and cause inconsistent handling as the bumper scrapes the track........the RPM bumper holds its shape much better
Cheers
Old 09-26-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The RPM bumper is well worth it. I have crash tested them many times without damage.

On another note, the time has come to try something different & all my NTC3 gear will be up for sale. All up there is probably about $5000.00AU worth in cars & parts, including BMI chassis V1 & V2 & just about anything else you can think of. I have been running this car since its release & have accumulated a pile of stuff. If anyone here is interested send me a PM & I will give you the info you need. I am open to offers on the whole deal, but I think I will need to seperate it. There is 4 or 5 complete cars & enough parts to last until the NTC5 is released in 2011 I figured this was probably the best spot to offer it up.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

YGPM
Old 09-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you... the reason i was asking is my local track is concrete an we have to run on rubber tyres. Normally you want to run as little camber change as possible when running on rubbers. I think the revison to the rear end was more for foam tyre users etc, but i am worried how it will effect us rubber users :S

BB
I doubt the V2 suspension will have more camber change at the other positions than the V1. I have no doubt you could make it work for your setup.

If anything, the version two change was done more for durability than anything. I can certainly see the advantage in durability, that's for sure. That stupid rear link would come off at the slightest impact on the rear arms.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:25 PM

I'm in about the same boat here moving on to better things also, I have $5000 plus in my car and parts/engines also, I'd say closer to $8000. I also have the Gen2 BMI chassis and the GEN 2 signature series chassis with my stuff plenty of stock parts and richey engines palmaris engines smeltz and a Murnan, plus a few stock rb's and novas. I have stock clutch combos, (maybe 4 at least 5 K factory 3 shoe clutch set ups and a K factory Centax just rebuilt. 2 oneways, 2 spools and I think 4 spare diffs. Any one interetsed PM me also. Bob
Old 09-27-2005, 02:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Aphinity
I doubt the V2 suspension will have more camber change at the other positions than the V1. I have no doubt you could make it work for your setup.

If anything, the version two change was done more for durability than anything. I can certainly see the advantage in durability, that's for sure. That stupid rear link would come off at the slightest impact on the rear arms.
Thank you...

Why are these people off loading there NTC3's... MTX4 bug hit already????

BB
Old 09-27-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thank you...

Why are these people off loading there NTC3's... MTX4 bug hit already????

BB
I am only unloading mine as I need more top end at larger tracks. With the worlds being next year I need to change now to get a bit of track time with a new set up. The Nationals are a month away so that will be a good start to see how it goes. The NTC3 is still the best short/carpark track car on the market by a mile. Looks like I will be in the 710 forum soon
Old 09-27-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

It's end of the season, at least in most North American cities. It's only natural people would be offloading their nitro cars.

All the better for us looking to get one!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.