Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 08:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just an FYI:

I bought a new chassis make by GH for the Nitro TC3. Needed an extra 'cause in our area, we have had some problems with some bending of the chassis after a considerable wreck by the motor.

This new chassis is pretty sweet, much more rigid than the stock one and lighter.

I will try to post a pic asap, but if your interested, call Ratzas and they will hook you up. It costs much, much less than the Hardcore one. It came with alum. motor mounts as well...

www.ratzas.net
Old 05-15-2002, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

we have the same problem.
We mostly run Lola body so made it worst when you land on the engine. It will push the chassis and bend right where the engine mount is.

THe GH chassis I saw looks to be much stronger in that area because of the smaller holes next to the engine mount and 3mm.
Old 05-15-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

ChristopherKee,

Thanks!!
Old 05-15-2002, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

kitracer, finally i manage to finish run in my SX12 motor and start running the car on track (PYC) with rich setup.
Do u know if there is any choice of local chassis to replace the stock one ? i can feel it is a bit flex when i accel .....
Old 05-15-2002, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by kansasracer
Just an FYI:

I bought a new chassis make by GH for the Nitro TC3. Needed an extra 'cause in our area, we have had some problems with some bending of the chassis after a considerable wreck by the motor.

This new chassis is pretty sweet, much more rigid than the stock one and lighter.

I will try to post a pic asap, but if your interested, call Ratzas and they will hook you up. It costs much, much less than the Hardcore one. It came with alum. motor mounts as well...

www.ratzas.net
Kansasracer- how much did you get that chassis for? ive been trying to get one since i bent my chassis this weekend on the weak spot. on the Ratzas site it doesnt show a description of the chassis. please give me some info.
thanks
Old 05-15-2002, 09:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Hmmmmmmmmm, I really don't see how you guys are bending chassis plates. AE uses the same type Aluminum on the TC3 plate as they do the RC10GT plate and it takes more abuse than the TC3.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

I also wonder about that . How did you guys bend them?
Old 05-15-2002, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Tmblewd
Hmmmmmmmmm, I really don't see how you guys are bending chassis plates. AE uses the same type Aluminum on the TC3 plate as they do the RC10GT plate and it takes more abuse than the TC3.
i found that the stock chassis (less than 3mm thick, while my MTX2 and V1RR has 3mm chassis + upper deck) is a bit flex when i pull the throttle triger. i dont crash my car or abuse my car before, maybe it is only my problem ????
Old 05-16-2002, 03:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

actually, the chassis is very strong esp with the fold-up edge. But where the engine mount is located, there are two (holes) openning which made that spot weak. so when you land upside down, the engine push and bent the chassis.

Test yours with a ruler, u will be suprise
Old 05-16-2002, 05:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Now why would I need to test mine with a ruler?? It hasn't been upside down!! Course, even if it was upside down and did bend, there are ways to fix it without spending the $135 Hardcore wants for a Chassis plate. If I do suffer the problems you guys are talking about, then maybe I will agree with you, until then, I'll be happy with my car and not complain.
Old 05-16-2002, 05:49 AM
Regional Moderator

WOW,

It is an option. If you never need another chassis plate, then that's good for you....

MTX2:

Call Ratzas 'cause it isn't on their website. I called them about some micro stuff and Clint and I got to talking and he said he got this way cool chassis in. I think I paid around $55 for mine. It's a far cry from the Hardcore price of $135...
Old 05-16-2002, 07:04 AM
Regional Moderator

Here is a pic of that chassis:
Attached Thumbnails Rc10ntc3-ntc3chassis.jpg  
Old 05-16-2002, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hardcores is Titanium though
Old 05-16-2002, 12:43 PM
Regional Moderator

CK:

I agree, and hardcore's is much stronger. But I can buy 2 of these for 1 of those.

I might not bend this one...

Just a personal opinion....
Old 05-16-2002, 12:44 PM

If you were going to buy a new chassis, I would look at the one IRRGANG makes, it looks very sweet! I bought all the other hop ups hard core raing makes other than the chassis, and I was displeased with the the upper deck, for $65 dollars they could do better, All though I can see a torque and speed advantage from the bigger shaft and alum brake hub, more rotating mass in that area does help, if you have the engine to pull it. Warning! the inner steering ballcup rubs the bottom of the larger driveshaft, if you turn it as deep as it will cut.

Last edited by bbntc3; 05-16-2002 at 08:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.