Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Also,

In the spring kit from Associated there is two sets of red springs are they different? Are the frnt and rear springs different lengths, coz i thought they were identical.
Old 08-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

lol there shouldnt be 2 reds. green,silver,blue,gold,red,copper,purple,yellow,wh ite is what u should have
Old 08-16-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Addict

thanks trinity, i am missing the white springs, instead i have a second set of reds/
Old 08-16-2003, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

Do not cut the HEADER at all!! I have the RDLogic pipe. Its shorter, and provides a more torqueeee feel. The pipe fits well with the standard tank, and for the Centax clutch, its a waste of money!! Go buy a tire truer for your racing foams. The stock clutch is perfect, even better with the lighten clutch bell. I have talked to the AE Team at the Nationals about that clutch. Billy said don't waste your time. Barry said that it is not for the car. Have fun. If you have Any questions about the car, just PM me.

Later bro,

- Dust
Old 08-17-2003, 03:18 AM
Tech Addict

Guys,

Whats the difference with the different shock piston's. no were in the manual does it explain it too you. What differences will i archieve by playing with them.

Also,

I run on a very bumpy concrete track, how much droop should i run and what about on the asphalt?

cheers

H-O
Old 08-17-2003, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Someone correct me if im wrong, but the 3 pistons have the smallest holes which gives u a feeling of heavier shock oil than if u were using the 2 or 1 pistons. 1 pistons are largest holes and 2 being in between. I personally run the 2's for everything
Old 08-17-2003, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What tires are you all using? I am pushing like no other. Today was Mugen fast tires 40 shore front and 37 in the rear. I have also run Nitro Shoes 40 fronts and 40 rears. One way or not today I pushed. I have to slow down way too much (or just slower than others) to turn. I made the "A" today with a lot of are area top drivers but I wanted the top 5 not 6th. It was like man if I just had that much more steering to hold the line. What are you guys using on a parking lot surface?
Old 08-17-2003, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Dust
Do not cut the HEADER at all!! I have the RDLogic pipe. Its shorter, and provides a more torqueeee feel.
Why shouldnt I cut the hedar? you dont give any reason and Ive heard plenty of people say the the stock one is way to long and needs to be cut. A shorter hedar (or pipe I guess) will take away torque and give you more high end power. A shorter header gives you more highend power and a longer header gives you more torque.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

im running red red with 40 wt front and rear, front shocks all way in on tower, rear all way out. no swaybars
Old 08-17-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by AE Racer
Why shouldnt I cut the hedar? you dont give any reason and Ive heard plenty of people say the the stock one is way to long and needs to be cut. A shorter hedar (or pipe I guess) will take away torque and give you more high end power. A shorter header gives you more highend power and a longer header gives you more torque.
Proven already. I did my operation.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Trinityracinnut
im running red red with 40 wt front and rear, front shocks all way in on tower, rear all way out. no swaybars
Trinity: Was this for me or Isaac?

Everyone: Those of you running the BMI Chassis, What changes did you have to make to your car?
Old 08-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BMI Chassis- I made no changes but it was better with the chassis.
Old 08-18-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Dust
Do not cut the HEADER at all!! I have the RDLogic pipe. Its shorter, and provides a more torqueeee feel. The pipe fits well with the standard tank, and for the Centax clutch, its a waste of money!! Go buy a tire truer for your racing foams. The stock clutch is perfect, even better with the lighten clutch bell. I have talked to the AE Team at the Nationals about that clutch. Billy said don't waste your time. Barry said that it is not for the car. Have fun. If you have Any questions about the car, just PM me.

Later bro,

- Dust
Thx for the info. Saved me 1 hundo right there. I was gonna get the centax clutch set. So rdlogic pipe will fit stock tank? Cause I was gonna get the low cg tank. Anyone else had trouble fitting it?

The more I ask around about this car, the more I learn that the "stock" form is almost the best form.

G
Old 08-18-2003, 08:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by loosenut
Thx for the info. Saved me 1 hundo right there. I was gonna get the centax clutch set. So rdlogic pipe will fit stock tank? Cause I was gonna get the low cg tank. Anyone else had trouble fitting it?

The more I ask around about this car, the more I learn that the "stock" form is almost the best form.

G
I don't know where he got that stuff. . .

Listen - the RD Logic pipe/header fits perfectly. It's better than the stock setup.

BUT - if you've got the stock pipe, it will work better with about 3/8" off the end, then slip it inside the pipe like the instructions say.

PLEASE take what Barry and Billy say in context. They DON'T run the motors we run, they DON'T run like we run - they're a freakin video game on "demo" mode. Compared to them, most of us drive like pinball machines and we all know it (although we don't like to admit it). I ran Norrca Nats a couple years ago and pited quite literally 10 feet from Barry. I had the car brand new and he came over and asked what I thought - I also went over and asked opinions. He DID temper his advice with the fact that what he does may not work for me - I'm a sportsman driver, not expert, not pro. I DID temper my questions with the fact that I'm a sportsman driver and DON'T need or want all the immediate punch that he loves/wants/needs, etc.

In any case, if you search this thread for header - you will find that a lot of us who are still using the stock setup have trimmed our headers by about 3/8"
Old 08-18-2003, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Boomer,

What are your thoughts on Centax clutch? Thx.

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.