Old 02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Tom DeSantis , Kyosho kid's father
Old 02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rojna

I must say Thank You for first coming down. And second Thank You for taking so many great pics and sharing them with everyone.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

one of my favorites

Last edited by Rojna; 02-15-2009 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

OK Everyone,

First of all I think we all need to Thank Mother Nature for giving us such great weather this year! And to the racers Thank You for a great show!

Now let's see what happened this last week........Well we had 2 racers do 24 laps with a Touring Car. DJ Apolaro was the first to do it on Wednesday. But he had to work on Thursday. Thursday Paolo Morganti became the second racer to do 24 laps. In fact there was only 1 racer in Touring Car who failed to do 20 laps and he had 19. In 1/8th Mike Swauger became the first to do 27 laps. He did that with a pit stop. His average lap time for that run was 11.5. Just a side note on Wednesday Ralph Burch did a lap of 10.8. But he hit the wall in the esse's and flew over the line. But he did turn a 11.0 on Thursday and backed it with an 11.1. In the 1/8th class if you did 22 laps in 5:08 you were 43rd. Only 4 racers did not do 22 laps. So I guess you can say the track was fast.

Congrats to the Winners....... DJ Apolaro in Sedan, Maxy Velazco in Masters and Paolo Morganti in 1/8th Open. You all drove excellent all week and dserved your win.

Now for my personal Thank You's.

Doug McNeely, DJ and Paolo, Thanks for the help on setup with my car. I always look foward to our state race chats. I also love watch you guys race. For guys like me its exciting to see.

Mark Harrison, You worked on my car for 2 days getting it ready for my mains. Thanks are not enough. You gave me an excellent car and I got dinner at the next State race in Kissimmee!

Randy Colvin, You work on my car and help the crew all week. Thanks for pitching in.

Jack Anderson, Thanks for doing all the turn marshalling on the practice days and help out with turn marshalling when we had races with only a few drivers.

Richard Fine, Thanks for all your help with this event. You did not race but you came and helped out. Hope the crew was not to upset!

Scott Andrews, Our web master, he did an outstanding job getting the info up in a hurry for everyone.

Shane Burnley, You cut out my second body and pitted me in my second main. You were so fast I did not have time to shake my hands. The kept getting knumb. Outstanding job. I better see you in Kissimmee!

Tony Rice, This guy worked very hard on getting the audio and video for everyone who was not able to come to the race. I am sure people all over the World say Thanks to Tony!

Julian Hope, He has one of the hardest job at this race. He Tech's all the cars. Its a Thank less job and an easy way to make people mad at you! Thanks for checking on me in the booth.

Bill Graham, This was your first big race driving an 1/8th. Outstanding job Billy. Thank You for help me getting my stuff out and putting it away.

Chris Lefebvre, Junior as I call him. Thanks for the pit work and Congrats on your 3rd place finish in the A-Main. I told everyone watch out for this kid he gonna be a good one. You qualified 6th and finished 3rd. Hopefully at the ROAR Nats in October you can do the same.

Chris Flowler, Man you were missed this year. But it was great having you on Setup day and Tear down day. Oh yea Thanks for the helping out Saturday.

Jim Rice, Man what can anyone say about this guy. He always trys to put on a good show for everyone. You worked very hard the past year to bring the "Fort" back to its glory days. Well Congrats on a job well done. Your a great friend and leader.

These guys are truly some of the best friends any one could ask for. They make it possible for me to race. With out these guys I could not do it. And yes we have already discussed stuff for next year!

Final Stats from our broadcast:

We had 9,042 visits from 72 countries/territories. This came from 1,224 cities.

We broadcasted a total of 50 hours and 25 minutes. Total viewer hours were 3223 hours and 41 minutes. Average number of viewers was 63.9. Total viewers was 4397. Average on Saturday was 100 with a total of 949.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dave, Ya talk too much !!

No, I didn't get to race but as you know I wouldn't miss any more than I had to.

I had fun getting on the mic again ... remember the first time you covered the outlaw race for me and realized you were calling one of the largest races in the world !!!

Hey, It was great getting to see all of the guys we only get to see once a year ... Mike and Harry, The whole crew from Kamikaze, Salven, Taurien, Marco Vanni, I didn't get a chance to talk to him but Ted Hammmer and all of the guys from the frozen north.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Nice pics...
Old 02-16-2009, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

one of my favorites

Poor Marco he's got some work to do
Old 02-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

thanks to everyone who helped with this race .
Already looking forward to next year.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

This was an amazing event that brought back the track we rememberd from the past. It was even better than ever before. I think Jim Rice, Dave Larry, Julian Hope and the rest of the red cup crew did a great job with the event the track and the schedule. We had lots of practice and plenty of to work on the cars since the crew alternated between sedan and 1/8th. I cannot wait to come race again at the fort and the next Winternats..
Rafael
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rangulo
This was an amazing event that brought back the track we rememberd from the past. It was even better than ever before. I think Jim Rice, Dave Larry, Julian Hope and the rest of the red cup crew did a great job with the event the track and the schedule. We had lots of practice and plenty of to work on the cars since the crew alternated between sedan and 1/8th. I cannot wait to come race again at the fort and the next Winternats..
Rafael
Congrats on making the "A main". Also thanks for the pit work in the sedan main.

DJ Apolaro
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Congrads

From Bobby Watson to all the winners congrads,Dj,Poalo,thanks to the Fort Crew for the traction thats was crazy high ,this was my first run every in the 1/8 open class, very happy with my finish.I would like thank Uriah Murnan,JamieC,Mark Harrision,ChrisTosolini,Kevin of TwisterTires, to everyone THANK YOU.see some of you at Kraceway.

Last edited by impalabob64; 02-17-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

awsome pics
Old 02-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

The race report with photos will be going off to RC Car Magazine tomorrow, and hopefully the on-line report will be posted on Starting Grid (www.sgrid.com) by late today or tomorrow, along with some photos.

I'll try to get some of the photos posted here, or will simply pass them on to David Larry for posting on the Winternats website.

Wonderful race - had a great time! "Team Red Cup Racing" put on a fantastic show!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

Well another GREAT WINTERNATS in the books

TWO NEW TRACK RECORDS and great racing all week

Thanks to all our sponsors

MUGEN USA

SERPENT AMERICA /EXCEED

EDS TOOLS

TWISTER TIRES

MICO RACING

BLITZ BODIES

Thanks to the RED CUP RACING crew for a GREAT JOB AGAIN
your hard work showed all week. The track is back in shape after a lot of hard work this summer.

Hope to see everyone next year

Jim
Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrice
Well another GREAT WINTERNATS in the books

TWO NEW TRACK RECORDS and great racing all week

Thanks to all our sponsors

MUGEN USA

SERPENT AMERICA /EXCEED

EDS TOOLS

TWISTER TIRES

MICO RACING

BLITZ BODIES

Thanks to the RED CUP RACING crew for a GREAT JOB AGAIN
your hard work showed all week. The track is back in shape after a lot of hard work this summer.

Hope to see everyone next year

Jim

I would like to thank the whole fort myers crew for putting on such a great race. My dad and i had a blast. I would also like to thank all of my sponsors, including, Kyosho USA, Murnan Modified Motors, And of course My mom and dad for supporting me on all of my racing expenses. Looking forward to next years race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.