Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Wars Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
the BMEP on our engines is so high that currently there is little room for improvement. As TG said its just a shift in the HP/TQ curve. There is some but not much with respect to the higher effeciency recent models.
Hi Motorman.
Agree with you, in current engines designs, no too much room for further improvemnet ( I stataed this one couple posts in past), but there are different desings are existing which can bring engine overall power at list (don't afarid to say) about 15-20 %. There are so many means been not used or taken to considiration.
For some reason, engine manufacturers don't use ( or may be they don't have an idea) a lot of different developments from recent years. If anybody will try to make better engine, but will stay on the same way as existing designs, they will end up to be equal with Novas Or STS or Picco. I try to contact with all of you on PM and different ways, to offer that designs, but for one or other reason nobody wanted listen to me. I start to make my own together with other racer and hopefully we will be ready by mid of December.
I don't want to disclose a lot of details, but I will have much higher compression ratio ( today my engines are running with shim no thicker then .2 mm and some of them even .125 mm and they are also running much leaner too with temp doesn't excide 230-240 F), I don't have issue with overheating or detonation. I am planning to go further down.
I wish I have good technical english, but unfortunatly I don't.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Mad? me?

Originally posted by HELLION
Moddler & top gun777 : I'm not mad at all! A good engine arguement is allways good convo. I have trained allot of high performance techs and if you could give them each (example)$500 to build you a hot engine you would see 5 different ways of doing this. Even though they where trained by one guy. The point I'm trying to make here is every body in this busness will have there own ways of making horse power some right some wrong. And god knows I have never made a mistake (<<<B.S.) lol
And I love hearing other peoples opinions . I myself am learning every day and allways will be!I dont have all the answers. and I hope I didn't offend you! I see allot of future engine modifiers in here and I didn't want them to think that compression isen't that important!To me it's one of the most important parts in achieving high performance goles... So We Cool!!!
Hi Helion. I am sure we are cool here and like you sad we learn every day something new. I'm making mistakes everyday and very often I know I do them, but sometimes it is out of my control. But at list I know I do mistakes and I am looking the way to avoid the same next time
I am looking power differently, then archive higher compression, higher compression has limit and ones you reach that limit you will be in the corner. I want to be in round room.
I will give you tip how to archive higher compression, just make sleeve with no taper inside ( used by airbatics engines), it will bring you to highest possible compression on two cycle engines.
Old 09-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Mad? me?

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I will give you tip how to archive higher compression, just make sleeve with no taper inside ( used by airbatics engines), it will bring you to highest possible compression on two cycle engines.
ALL engines (except Wankel type) have some amount of taper (or Hone) on their stroke direction doesn't matter if are ringed or not, 2 or 4 stroke, Gas or Diesel (our engines are some strange animals, but are more likely to an unringed 2 stroke Diesel cycle engines).

They use it to help to seal the combustion chamber making all a little more tight, if this taper doesn't exist, with the 'normal CR's we use on our engines (talk from 17:1 and uppers) the mix and the combustion gasses will blow-by thru the piston skirt and the sleeve.

An engine with excessive blow-by is an inneficient engine by definition, because he permits to escape explossion gases rather than holding and being evacuated when needed (one time they did their work moving the piston to the BDC). Blow-by is why all the engines makes their oil turn black after some minutes of being put on an engine during an oil change.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Mad? me?

Originally posted by Corse-R
ALL engines (except Wankel type) have some amount of taper (or Hone) on their stroke direction doesn't matter if are ringed or not, 2 or 4 stroke, Gas or Diesel (our engines are some strange animals, but are more likely to an unringed 2 stroke Diesel cycle engines).

They use it to help to seal the combustion chamber making all a little more tight, if this taper doesn't exist, with the 'normal CR's we use on our engines (talk from 17:1 and uppers) the mix and the combustion gasses will blow-by thru the piston skirt and the sleeve.

An engine with excessive blow-by is an inneficient engine by definition, because he permits to escape explossion gases rather than holding and being evacuated when needed (one time they did their work moving the piston to the BDC). Blow-by is why all the engines makes their oil turn black after some minutes of being put on an engine during an oil change.
You are right from your point of view. Actualy I was refering to P/S set ups for airobatics model engines-you need to mesure that ones-very little tapering, concidering to don't be there, but for sure there are some.
To put equal line between real 4 strock engine and our 2 strock engines will be a mistake. I would sugest to refer for motorcycle racing engines, it will be much closer.
By the way, this blow-by thrugh the scirt-I learned something new today. I am sure there is engineering solution by choosing right material for sleeve and piston to avoid this blow-by. It is not a point. I have never work with real engines and I know nothing about them, so I am bad apponent in this kind of discusins, sorry.
If Hellion wants to have max possible compression amount (meaning sealing piston to sleeve) to archive engine performance I my sugestion for him to use a lot of less tapering in the sleeve
Old 09-15-2003, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

What would you pick?

Hello All,

What would you pick if you CAN just get one of these:

Stock NS3

JP Black NS3

Kondo NS3

Kawahara ZAC Project NS3
Old 09-15-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: What would you pick?

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Hello All,

What would you pick if you CAN just get one of these:

Stock NS3

JP Black NS3

Kondo NS3

Kawahara ZAC Project NS3
I am choosing stock NS3, I want to make my own mistake.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: What would you pick?

I am choosing stock NS3, I want to make my own mistake.
he he he, then I'm praying to be one of many proud owners of 777 NS3 then.
Old 09-15-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

he he he, then I'm praying to be one of many proud owners of 777 NS3 then.
thanks Eddi, you are in, just let me know when!
Old 09-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

thanks Eddi, you are in, just let me know when!
The price on these Novarossi NS engines are just too expensive. There's no way a poor fish can afford one.
Old 09-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

The price on these Novarossi NS engines are just too expensive. There's no way a poor fish can afford one.
MR12 just good enough to be afforded by fish!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 04:18 PM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

How about this one?
Old 09-15-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

Originally posted by dino.tw
How about this one?
if the Dragon ain't eat fish, I may consider.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:30 PM
Nitro Tech

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

if the Dragon ain't eat fish, I may consider.
Absolutely NO!Only Manticore eat fish...
Old 09-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

he he he... that's why fish haven't run any MTO yet.
Old 09-15-2003, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: What would you pick?

Does this dragon eat only gras?
Hi Dino, nice to see you back. How is going?
what do you think about our descusion regarding the compression value? Any coments

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.