Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

OFNA LD3 pro

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Gearing Recomendations

I am running an OS TR, non turbo plug and I was wondering if anyone had any gearing advice for it.. I am running a former RTR LD3.. so it has the standard gears.... Thanks for the help.....
Old 10-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Depends on the size of the track you're running on. Big or small, technical or flowing
Old 10-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Well the Track that I run on is a Medum size technical track with a nice size straight..
Old 10-14-2004, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SOunds like you need torque. Try going 15/19 on the clutch bell if you're keeping the stock spur gears
Old 11-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Tech Initiate

i have a setup problem can any one help??
Old 11-12-2004, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

(hint: if you want help you will have to give us some more info then you have!)
Old 11-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Default set up

hey thanx........ your right,i need to give more info if i expect help lol lol lol i tiped that this morning on the way out the door...its the first time i was able to post my account was never completed.....so here goes...... i have 2 cars, ld3 rtr ,and ld3 pro, i have changed to aluminium shocks and run foams. i have adjusted the droop screws so many times that i do not know where they were set to when the car was assembled from ofna.... there must be some sort of set up that they use to set the droop screws/downstops im sure the tech had some thing to go by......the only settings they provide you in the manual are, the length of the turnbuckles,toe, and some sort of CRUDE way of setting camber NOTHING on droop.....ive printed the nygen setup but thats for that particular race...im looking for factory settings ...im stopped dead in my tracks until i have a setting for droop.......i also have the hudy all-in-one setup (sweet)!!!!!! but they tell you to refer to the ofna manual to get the base setting for all settings ...ill measure the spacers on the rtr shocks to get my ride height setting...your help is apprieciated.......
THANX
hammadown
Old 11-12-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Read This:
http://users.pandora.be/elvo/

then check out these:
http://www.serverdoc.com/personal/LD3SetUpSheet.jpg
http://www.ofna.com/pdf/setup-LD3-SteveN.pdf

Old 11-14-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Initiate

thank you... i have alread printed those 2 set up sheets. as i said before.....those settings are not what im looking for...those are for certain tracks .i printed all the set up descriptions from that link and will refer to it for UNDERSTANDING a setting. i bought the HUDY, ALL-IN-ONE set up system,but it is all USELESS unless i have the STOCK droop setting to start with. that would be the amount of turns that the OFNA tech would use to set droop on an RTR ld3 when he is building it. they must have a measurement
to go by. if the tech uses a specific measurement to set track width,toe,camber,ride height,camber,they must have a setting for DROOP!!!!!! thats what im looking for.....can any ofna techs on this board help me????

thanx
hammadown
Old 11-14-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Ive found a mixture of those settings to be good.

Anyway why all the stress about droop? I didn't run any for ages and I did ok, didn't even have the grub screws in but when decide to I set it it to 4mm and 4.5mm

they must have a measurement
to go by
Yes there is, if you look at the setup sheet it shows you where to measure!

BTW Ofna techs are on the OFNA message board... www.ofna.com
Old 11-14-2004, 04:46 PM
Tech Initiate

THANX.......do you have an rtr or kit??? and can you tell me what page in the manual i can find the messurements for DROOP?
because i cant !!!!!

hammadown
Old 11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Tech Initiate

THANX.......do you have an rtr or kit??? and can you tell me what page in the manual i can find the messurements for DROOP?
because i cant !!!!!

hammadown
Old 11-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Both but sold the prebuilt one. The droop was not set correctly anyway so dont worry about it.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default whats the biggest motor that can fit in ld3

Recently Ive succeeded in killing the redhead, but the repairable. So I was out shopping in the 12 to 15 range but found nothing I liked. So one day is was out surfing and stumbled onto teamorian and liked the specks on the 18. Coped it and went to drop it in and the darn thing in and it would not fit. I had to break out the dremel and do a lill coustomization and then whalla drop it in. this engine has so much tork its crazy A big improvement over the 12 engine. I'm 'bout to make some gear ratio on the clutch bell to get more torque out the car, but right now I love the torque this motor is kicking out. So there for I was out wondering if anybody out there did anyone out there did anything beyond stock specks on the ld3. more fire
Old 11-27-2004, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

People have put .21 size engines in (Would of assumed the .18 would drop straight in?)

For crazy outlaw power look at:
"OS .18 TZ shatters the two horsepower barrier!"
http://www.rccaraction.com/rc/storie...es/%22&sgid=20

BTW - most engines are a big improvment over RTR engines

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.