HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Gotta love the Toyota Supra (in JGTC style no-less)

Get out of there dog!

The best part about the body, i didn't have to line up any body mount holes!!
Old 01-27-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by tranced
ahh ok.

its because i dissasembled my carb for cleaning and resetting the needles, and i figured a little sealant here could only do me good. hopefully the nitro doesn't eat through this red stuff.
just tighten the main copper needle with a 6mm wrench. with the new black plastic nipple, it will seal itself with a little bit more pressure on it.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore
just tighten the main copper needle with a 6mm wrench. with the new black plastic nipple, it will seal itself with a little bit more pressure on it.
Yep totally agree. The plastic deforms to mate with the metal carb surface by itself basically sealing itself off. This is why you dont crank on down on it otherwise you wreck the seal by deforming the plastic bit too hard.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

does anyone know how hara secured his AAA batery pack?
Old 01-28-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default BRAND NEW R40 F/S.. l@@k

BRAND NEW R40 FOR SALE!!
BRAND NEW R40 for sale!!
Brand New R40 For Sale**
Hey im sellin my BRAND NEW, NEVER DRIVEN R40 on ebay... Lots of extras including Kawahara graphite parts, new associated starter box, new SIRIO .12, BRAND NEW RD logics 1-peice "turbo" roar legal pipe, never used foam tires, airtronics servos, associated red and yellow springs, associated 60 and 40 weight shock oils, proline accord body(pre-cut and decalled), HPI lightweight 2 speed shaft, HPI full bearing steering upgrade kit, large capacity air filter...check it out!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...;category=44015

-sorry i didnt give a direct link, it wouldnt let me. Just copy and past the link though.

****CHECK IT OUT!!!!******

Uhh, Im not sure if I am allowed to post this here, but anyway..lol
Old 01-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rodrigo1508
does anyone know how hara secured his AAA batery pack?
He appears to have glued it to the battery compartment door with some Shoe Goo or similar.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Set ups for high traction tracks? I locked out my suspension to keep from rolling. I have the 70 wt shock oil. Should I go higher? I also put the HPI hard springs on but haven't run them yet. I hope this helps. Locking out my suspension really increased my understeer but I made it through the whole race without traction rolling! I need to find the happy medium.

Last edited by h82crash; 01-28-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What tires compunds are you using?
Old 01-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by h82crash
Set ups for high traction tracks? I locked out my suspension to keep from rolling. I have the 70 wt shock oil. Should I go higher? I also put the HPI hard springs on but haven't run them yet. I hope this helps. Locking out my suspension really increased my understeer but I made it through the whole race without traction rolling! I need to find the happy medium.
Are you using anti-sway bars on the car. They really help with reducing or stopping traction rolling.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

If you are having traction roll issues, first step is higher shore tires usually until grip is bad or it stops. If this does not work, then you can try removing a lot of the droop in the car.

If still no luck try stiffening up the suspension with roll bars and or springs.

Go smoother on the steering inputs.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:36 AM
Tech Elite

Guys a setup sheet is available for the graphite front and rear shock towers.

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/.../12820-003.pdf
Old 01-29-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Guys a setup sheet is available for the graphite front and rear shock towers.

http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/.../12820-003.pdf
Nice setup sheet. It would be nicer if you could edit and print your own setup from that sheet.
Old 01-29-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Is anyone running the aluminum shocks? My front shocks are cranked all the way down the the end of the threads and the car is at 5mm. Not that I usually run much higher than that but does that sound right? Also, anyone have any good setups? I'll be running this car at Revelations and I know Thad and Hara have setups on the HPI site but they're using (Proceed) springs that I may not be able to find.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2004, 10:47 AM
Tech Regular

What is your front toe? Try 1 degree out
Old 01-29-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rod_b
Is anyone running the aluminum shocks? My front shocks are cranked all the way down the the end of the threads and the car is at 5mm. Not that I usually run much higher than that but does that sound right? Also, anyone have any good setups? I'll be running this car at Revelations and I know Thad and Hara have setups on the HPI site but they're using (Proceed) springs that I may not be able to find.

Thanks
I am using the alloy shocks since they came with my car. To get a decent ride height you do need to crank down on them a fair way with smallish tires (less than 60mm). You should have enough thread even for very small tires.

I still dont have a setup yet, but the stock setup works very nicely. My advice for tuning a stock setup is to run it bone stock and change tires first, if you have them. Get the gun tires for the track on the car first. This is important. If they are foams use them at the diameter most people run them at. One of my local tracks likes 60mm another likes 58mm. From there make sure your rear diff is right. On a high grip track with say 5000wt in a 2 gear rear diff you are gonna have chronic on power understeer whcih is very tough to eliminate. If you have a oneway with the stock HPI setup on a medium/high grip track you need 50000 in the rear diff.

After the tires and rear diff is right then work on the suspension from there. Tires and diff really determine a gas cars primary handling traits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.