Wiki Posts
Search

break in of kyosho gs15r

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2003, 02:42 AM
Tech Rookie

Default break in of kyosho gs15r

hi
i have a new gs15r which i would like to break in but i,m not shaw what plug it should have is it a os A3? i think i will use 10% nitro.
also does any body know what the high speed needle should be set at for a rich breakin.
or do you think i should be using 15%,20% nitro? will this make much difference in power and engine life.
thank for any help
Old 07-19-2003, 05:12 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: break in of kyosho gs15r

Originally posted by geoffrey
hi
i have a new gs15r which i would like to break in but i,m not shaw what plug it should have is it a os A3? i think i will use 10% nitro.
also does any body know what the high speed needle should be set at for a rich breakin.
or do you think i should be using 15%,20% nitro? will this make much difference in power and engine life.
thank for any help
The plug to have for the GS15-R is the OS #8.

The high speed needle should be set anywhere between 2 to 2 1/2 turns out, but just as long as there's plenty of smoke and the engine stays relatively cool.

I broke my engine in with 25% Nitro, I don't think it makes a difference as long as you tune it correctly. I'll most likely be going back to 16% though.

Hope this helps .