What promotes Negativity in our sport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What promotes Negativity in our sport

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

A note to what is going on in the US. Just this past week the TSA has put R/C on the watch list for things that are suspitious for flying. Whats next?
Old 10-07-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Kyosho Inferno GT

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...or how about these from dare i say it France....... http://www.brx4racingteam.com/brx4_red_ball.html looks like a good starter 1/8 car......................looks like a little adjustability up front caster,camber, toe..........also single speed w/ no centax.....adjustable, but not to the point it drives newbies away.......could use milder .21 like an OS .21 VG that even runs a standard plug......no turbo plugs........ http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXMUM3&P=SM 149.00 out the door..

I think they’re real nice, I’d like to have one too.

The only thing is we as concerned American RC racers need to find a product that is fun, exciting, durable and will attract the “general public’ to our sport.

So far, it’s looking more and more like the Inferno GT is the perfect “Spec” car to attract the masses to RC racing.

With a $400 price tag, parts, everywhere, a manufacturer with a solid race winning reputation and willingness to support their “Rally” car racing program, the Kyosho Inferno GT is what we need to get going at our tracks.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A note to what is going on in the US. Just this past week the TSA has put R/C on the watch list for things that are suspitious for flying. Whats next?<<
Yeah I know I sat and watched the brief segment with my wife and as they exposed our sport to people as items of terror it would have been nice on the other hand to show the intended purpose or for us to sneak a plug in.

It was at that point I sat and told my wife well there is the end of me flying with my things. Now I have to mail it to the Hotel for sure ! ! ! Last flight I made to Cincinnati I was actually interrogated to the point I wish I had not gone. My items were then searched and gone over with a fine tooth comb, the female agent had no IDEA what an RC car was I even toted along magazines just for that specific reason. I ended up leaving a few things behind with them that they could not figure out what it was and had determined possible lethal or possible explosive. It was a night mare. The small group was held up delayed and almost missed the return flight. I cant imagine what would happen if that were this week after that broadcast.

Last edited by kcrunchone; 10-08-2007 at 08:54 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jspeed
I think they’re real nice, I’d like to have one too.

The only thing is we as concerned American RC racers need to find a product that is fun, exciting, durable and will attract the “general public’ to our sport.

So far, it’s looking more and more like the Inferno GT is the perfect “Spec” car to attract the masses to RC racing.

With a $400 price tag, parts, everywhere, a manufacturer with a solid race winning reputation and willingness to support their “Rally” car racing program, the Kyosho Inferno GT is what we need to get going at our tracks.

I would have to agree by far it is the most convenient as far as entry price and durability and maintenance. We have introduced it at our track and plan to do more with the class. I intend to pick one up before the start of next season to have my son and I race. Might even get two of them so we can run together and have fun.
Old 10-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Default The truth will set you free

Originally Posted by kcrunchone
Mainstream exposure will also allow everyone the affordability. Shops buying more. Kits being purchased. All around it will be an endeavour that will allow our sport to survive, right now we have managed to bring our sport in good fashion to people. Most like what they see but can not afford the cost. I often lie straight to a persons face and tell them that they can get in for far less, the lie is told because I never ever ever tell them what my car actually cost I just tell them it is a bit more than purchasing a ready to run. The reason I do this is so not to discourage a new enthusiastic potential racer. When you see the enthusiasm on a sons face when asking his father about getting one of the cars and the father also has the same if not more enthusiasm than that of the children. BY telling them the cars cost only kills, dampens, and demotes the drive to actually find out any more about the sport. So it is our responsibility to be kind and courteous to the new to allow ourselves the potential of a future which we all so desperately need to make the endeavours and all the efforts of those that fought to get us to where we are today. If not for the new there will be no future ! So in all actuality mainstream is the key to basic survival instincts that we must instill in ourselves and every new comer and enthusiast.
Rick,

I thing most of us can understand the “little white lie” about the cost of our cars. But it is a lie and lies generally tend to catch us with us all and bite us in the booty.

Take a look at the Kyosho Inferno GT cars or better yet drive one at a track. They’re not the fastest but you might see how these cars are a lot of fun.

The best part of the whole GT thing is when people ask you how much they cost, you’ll be able to tell them the truth, $400 RTR.

The truth will set you free!
Old 10-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default RC Travel

Yeah I know I sat and watched the brief segment with my wife and as they exposed our sport to people as items of terror it would have been nice on the other hand to show the intended purpose or for us to sneak a plug in.

It was at that point I sat and told my wife well there is the end of me flying with my things. Now I have to mail it to the Hotel for sure ! ! ! Last flight I made to Cincinnati I was actually interrogated to the point I wish I had not gone. My items were then searched and gone over with a fine tooth comb, the female agent had no IDEA what an RC car was I even toted along magazines just for that specific reason. I ended up leaving a few things behind with them that they could not figure out what it was and had determined possible lethal or possible explosive. It was a night mare. The small group was held up delayed and almost missed the return flight. I cant imagine what would happen if that were this week after that broadcast.
Rick,

I hear that and it is a shame about the flight restrictions we may have to deal with.

I Rep for an ATA shipping case manufacturer called Viking Cases. Here’s some pictures of a case I own and tried offering to several RC manufacturers a few years ago for their “Team Drivers”.

Guys in the A/V biz use these cases all the time because they understand that their products must arrive well if they intend to make money & sales.

Anyone interested in cases like this for themselves should contact www.vikingcases.com just ask for info on “The Hitman RC Car Cases”.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default My take on it all

Originally Posted by Bermbuster
Do you think the manufacturers do enough to promote racing???
With the cost of real estate it is getting harder for Hobbyshops and tracks to survive...What can Big Hobby do besides manufacture the vehicles and parts???
Well, the first thing they can all do is support RC Pro Series special events.

You’d be surprised how many of them haven’t or don’t. We’re doing a lot of “Outside of the box” racing events to promote our sport in front of the general public at non-traditional racing locations.

When I talk to RC manufacturers, I tell them all the same thing, RC Pro wants to help you sell more product by growing our sport.

Some dig it and others flat out hate it, go figure, it really has to do with political affiliations or "clicks" within our sport; which is one of the largest “negatives” in RC racing that has kept it from going mainstream a long time ago.

I think for the most part, RC manufacturers are trying to do they best they can. You have to realize that none of them are probably selling 10 thousand racing kits a year in America.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

That gear bag is sweet if I could get one that could take all of my gear parts and all I would be sold in a heart beat. Something more like a DJ coffin but a bit thicker and shorter would take all of my gear and i would not fear ever shipping or even if I had to fly again I would feel relaxed knowing the gear is more that secured. 26" more and that thing would be in my shopping cart in less than a heartbeat. Hell it is a good every day traveler tough and rugged...
Old 10-08-2007, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Last flight I made to Cincinnati I was actually interrogated to the point I wish I had not gone. My items were then searched and gone over with a fine tooth comb, the female agent had no IDEA what an RC car was I even toted along magazines just for that specific reason. I ended up leaving a few things behind with them that they could not figure out what it was and had determined possible lethal or possible explosive.
.......what did you leave behind that they thought could be possibly lethal?.......a glow plug...........the government wants to make criminals of everyone.......just shows how smart and up to date our government is.............
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jspeed
When I talk to RC manufacturers, I tell them all the same thing, RC Pro wants to help you sell more product by growing our sport.

Some dig it and others flat out hate it, go figure, it really has to do with political affiliations or "clicks" within our sport; which is one of the largest “negatives” in RC racing that has kept it from going mainstream a long time ago.

.they "hate" selling more kits/parts? because of a clique you don't want to sell kits to a guy who may race a different series???
Old 10-08-2007, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

.they "hate" selling more kits/parts? because of a clique you don't want to sell kits to a guy who may race a different series???
It would depend on who’s running the “clicks” now wouldn’t it?

We should expect them or their spokesmen to show up on this thread soon enough, if they aren't here already.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

these car companies say support but when you get the car where does the support go ive had several cars & have only had support for 1 its mugen you cant lie to us & expect us to stay around long my 2cents
Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

.......what did you leave behind that they thought could be possibly lethal?.......a glow plug...........the government wants to make criminals of everyone.......just shows how smart and up to date our government is.............
They actually took a bottle of liquid tape that I use to seal servos and receivers. Also a bottle of 10k Diff oil which the label had pealed off. Mind you the diff oil I had about 5 other bottles next to it identical to it clearly labeled. Then told me if I wanted it they would return it to me but I had to go at that moment to the post office and mail it, this would have caused me to miss my flight. It was not the inconvenience of taking the items it was the time that our group was detained that was the killer. We were in the airport almost 2 hours before and barely made it to flight status. Both items are less than $10 and were not worth the aggravation.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Addict

I believe we need to support what in the long run will help the sport to survive. Not saying that people should jump on the band wagon of the winning team but rather devote efforts to keep it affordable and allow it to remain so. This will assist all, clubs will get more people, shops will sell more cars, outsiders not intimidated by the huge price of entry to get in to our sport. The GTP INFERNO is really at this point the way to go, positively producing reaction and actions that can and possibly will change the writing on the wall for so many clubs especially here in the states. RC in general needs the shot in the arm and this is a starting point that we all can see making that boost a reality.

As long as the production of the car and the parts as well remain on the shelves and no price high spikes occur it can and will succeed, it needs efforts to push it forward. There in my opinion is no better salesman than the word of mouth and if given the opportunity if a racer that has been asked about the sport introduces the enthusiast to GTP class with a rational judgement and a decent budget the enthusiast can really see going the extra mile for the car and getting involved. When they get involved they have potential to bring to the clubs, potential of their own personal resources, knowledge pool, rays of ideas and energy that oh so many clubs and organizations so desperately need.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Default Travel

Next RC trip I take, I’ll ship everything. I never get to the airport 2 hours early

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.