Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Is this track owned by a hobby shop, if not what shops attend your events for parts support for the IGT?

The track is not really owned by anyone. I guess you could say the city of Lincoln owns it because it was built on a city park. The funding for the track came from HobbyTown USA's corperate headquarters here in Lincoln. I would say that it is the nicest, smoothest non tire wearing track in the country. For parts support the SouthPointe HTU will be carrying parts probably sometime next week as Dan the owner just put in for a order earlier this week. I also work part time at the HTU as well so I help out with getting parts ordered in.

We have sold eight IGT's locallt and have five of us that are regular racers hoping we get more.

We just had our Trophy/Pro series race with IGT as one of the classes. It was probably the most watched class of the weekend. I raced mine and one hell of a good time. I only had a couple issues with both of them being very odd to say the least. One was that the pin in the pin cushion came out of the dog bone and the other was my fuel tank lid not sealling all the way down and cause my motor to over heat in the main. Most of us that are racing here have got the cars to handle pretty well.

Jamee
Old 05-29-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How mant IGT entries at Port Charlotte?
When is the next race there?
How far is the track in the picture from Tampa?

Last edited by rdcracer; 05-29-2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: error
Old 05-29-2008, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rdcracer
How mant IGT entries at Port Charlotte?
When is the next race there?
How far is the track in the picture from Tampa?
The track pictured is in Lincoln, Ne so I would say at least 1200 miles
Old 05-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
The track pictured is in Lincoln, Ne so I would say at least 1200 miles
Your track in Lincoln looks cool, like to make it up there some time this summer.

I always push the fuel lid down after filling it up, the newer tanks have a better seal. Some of our guys down here in Florida have made the change, but pushing it down works too.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

We will have a spec IGT class at the up coming Byron's race June 28 29. It will be at Leisure hours raceway in Joliet Il. Come race with us. It will be fun.

Leisurehoursraceway.com
Old 05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Leisure Hours
We will have a spec IGT class at the up coming Byron's race June 28 29. It will be at Leisure hours raceway in Joliet Il. Come race with us. It will be fun.

www.Leisurehoursraceway.com
There it is the "Birthplace" of Kyosho IGT Spec class racing!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
The track is not really owned by anyone. I guess you could say the city of Lincoln owns it because it was built on a city park. The funding for the track came from HobbyTown USA's corperate headquarters here in Lincoln. I would say that it is the nicest, smoothest non tire wearing track in the country. For parts support the SouthPointe HTU will be carrying parts probably sometime next week as Dan the owner just put in for a order earlier this week. I also work part time at the HTU as well so I help out with getting parts ordered in.

We have sold eight IGT's locallt and have five of us that are regular racers hoping we get more.

We just had our Trophy/Pro series race with IGT as one of the classes. It was probably the most watched class of the weekend. I raced mine and one hell of a good time. I only had a couple issues with both of them being very odd to say the least. One was that the pin in the pin cushion came out of the dog bone and the other was my fuel tank lid not sealling all the way down and cause my motor to over heat in the main. Most of us that are racing here have got the cars to handle pretty well.

Jamee
I drove a buddies IGT at Lincon and it was a lot of fun. I have one comming and plan to be there for the HOA race on June 7&8.
Big Bad Bob
Old 05-30-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does anyone know if the STR chassis will fit the GT and would the body still fit with some mods?
Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey what is some of the spec gt racers clutch maintence processes??? The reason that I as is that I have about a gallon or so fuel ran on my engine and I took the clutch apart to find that I needed to do some much needed deburring. Heck I didn't even realize that the stock clutch was aluminum. Shows you how much I read the manual.

I think that the poor clutch maintence on my part would have partially been the reason that my motor was heating up. What does anyone think about this??

Also the IGT class at the Byron's race a contigency race as well? I might be able to round up a few guys to make the trip.

Jamee
Old 05-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry no contigency for the GT this year. This will be the first year for the GT at the Byron race. If we get a good showing It will be added in next years race with a contigency.
I hope you will still think about coming. It would be great to have 40 or 50 GT running around. Thanks Bernie
Old 05-31-2008, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Engine room (RB C5 from 2002 - it flies)

Old 05-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Also a new video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sNz_f8Ut_M

First some racing againts a 1/5th scale and then a short drive with a 1/10 gas tourer and a stock IGT which ends to a crash...
Old 06-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My Alfa Open GT at SS in Tampa:

Old 06-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Has anybody tried the twiser tires for the IGT and if so what is the report?
Old 06-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Where did you get the Alpha body??

Hey Bob everyone here have been running the GRP/Losi tires seem to wrk pretty well. I would like to try the Twisters as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.