Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile Jerry, Jerry, Jerry

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
It was probably your lack of 'maintenance' that caused the TeamC failures because Marcus Williams doesn't like 'bashing' on his TeamC. If you don't have such a big urge to do 'race-rubbing', the Kyosho is fine for the beginner........I have statements from 'Kyosho America'.

And to set the record straight, I had to do a McGyver fix for your brand new Serpent the morning of your first outing with that car at IRCR.

I never made the harmful statements you claim I did about Kyosho, TeamC or Paolo. Marcus pushed you to misinterpret my message and sent you the PM that you admit to and witnesses have verified.

I'm amazed that someone thinks you are 'Tech-Elite'........you were going to 'pack-it-up' and go home that day until I volunteered to fix your car.

I've made no 'bold statements'..........concerning the TeamC issue, I was mirroring comments made by TeamC users that were not happy with the 'failure rate' you acknowledge. I'm not the one that 'stepped in it' here by stating the Kyosho has 'poor racability'................ A 'bold' and 'stupid' statement is is like your claim 'Paolo can spank us on 3 wheels'..........really !!

Is it still true that you have not yet been on 'the podium' at a major event. I think it will remain so because there are too many 'factory drivers' including the one that can 'spank you on 3 wheels'.

Last edited by Aught-Six; 09-05-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Adept

Guys i came across something strange.....i decided to rip my Gt2 nitro racespec apart and use a e conversion from my kyosho buggy (mp777 sp1) including the single speed diff....but the front shaft was to short (90mm) tried the rear shaft to long (120mm)......need a shaft (dogbone) that doesnt seem to exist (110mm) only hpi and JQ make.....WTF? any ideas why?
Old 09-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Reaper1ct
Guys i came across something strange.....i decided to rip my Gt2 nitro racespec apart and use a e conversion from my kyosho buggy (mp777 sp1) including the single speed diff....but the front shaft was to short (90mm) tried the rear shaft to long (120mm)......need a shaft (dogbone) that doesnt seem to exist (110mm) only hpi and JQ make.....WTF? any ideas why?
Search Nitrohouse's dogbones. They have a good selection.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Addict

Smile 110mm bone

'currently out of stock' but Canyon Hobbies lists a "JQ Products 110mm/JQPB152 that you may be able to find elsewhere although CH is good about getting that kind of stuff for you.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

wow fast guys thanks....but has anyone else had this problem? i mean i suppose not many have done the switch i have.....is this a strange or regular thing needing a 110mm dogbone
Old 09-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

Default 110mm bone

wow fast guys thanks....but has anyone else had this problem? i mean i suppose not many have done the switch i have.....is this a strange or regular thing needing a 110mm dogbone
(see response for dogbone at Amazon.......on your other post)
Old 09-05-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

Now we have the X3, I've seen her, shes fast but I've seen the same kind of part failures I have seen on the Team C. Still new to the market this would be a good car for those who like to run something different than everyone else.

Which part failures are you experiencing with the X-3?
Old 09-05-2014, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

"Now we have the X3, I've seen her, shes fast but I've seen the same kind of part failures I have seen on the Team C. Still new to the market this would be a good car for those who like to run something different than everyone else"

Which part failures are you experiencing with the X-3?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:19 PM
C@T
Tech Adept

No real trubble after several hours of driving.

Things to look after are:

- Dimension of the driveshafts comming out of the diff´s and the mating diameterof the coresponding drive cub. I found this inner diameteroversized causing the drivecup to loosen during operation. If they get loose the pinion might destroy the diff case. Fix with strong loctite.

- All of the grub screws need loctite. Before you do this make shure all of them have a flat end. If not grind them flat.

- The drivecups are very hard and tend to eat up the drive pins if you do not keep them lubricated.

That´s all I have dicovered so far.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys does anyone have any links to upgraded torque beams and front universals for the Inferno GT2 please???
Old 09-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys does anyone have any links to upgraded torque beams and front universals for the Inferno GT2 please???
KYOIFW335 Kyosho Light Weight Center Universal Swing Shaft (91mm)
This is what i have on my GT2.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aris
KYOIFW335 Kyosho Light Weight Center Universal Swing Shaft (91mm)
This is what i have on my GT2.
i was looking for the front shafts from diff to wheels bud not centre. but thanks jerry gave me a good lead and so did you...found it for a good price

Last edited by Reaper1ct; 09-10-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

Where can i find current ROAR GT Class rules ?, im trying to find them on ROAR website but im not able to locate them ...

thanks !
Old 09-24-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Guys,

Where can i find current ROAR GT Class rules ?, im trying to find them on ROAR website but im not able to locate them ...

thanks !
Hey Pato, here is the link:

http://roarracing.org/4rmb/showthrea...=2676#post2676
Old 09-24-2014, 04:23 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
So engines can be modified now??

AFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.