Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

Just to share news with you guys. 2012 edition of "Copa del Pacifico" in PERU - Southamerica (LIMA City) is ready to roll !, some of you would remember the great pictures from this year edition posted here by February.

So, 2012 Edition will be during 2nd and 4th of March in Lima - Peru, and track will be open starting on 1st no problem for out-of-country drivers.

2 classes will be raced, IFMAR 200mm Nitro Sedan, and GT Class.

GT Class rules as follows :

1.- Any GT Class 1/7 and 1/8 scales chassis, as any Buggy/Truggy transformation are allowed since main transmission is SHAFT BASED.

2.- No Carbon fibre chassis allowed.

3.- Any commercially available GT Body allowed since appears as 1:1 scale street car in appeareance, engine cooling head is not exposed and the wings are attached to body and not "buggy/truggy" wings mounting. Ipanema's "Warrior" GT Body is permitted.

4.- Front and rear windshields cut allowed maximum 4 inches in diameter. Passenger and driver side windows are free to be cut completely.

5.- Maximum 1 inch for glow ignitor acces over the engine is permitted. Small holes for access to engine needles are allowed.

6.- Tires. Only rubber tires are permitted (no foams allowed), any brand, any compound.

7.- Fuel tank capacity : Maximum 150cc including filters and fuel line (10 inches maximum fuel line permitted).

8.- No D-BOX or similar electronic devices allowed.

9.- Personal transponders (AMB compatible) are mandatory, there is no availability of rented transponders at the track.

10.- Engines. Any .21 - .28 engine is allowed since the commercial price is at a maximum of US$ 280 (any change of this rule will be informed). No modified engines allowed (any engine is elligible for internal technical inspection). Bump start, roto start and pull starts allowed.

11.- No Centax type clutches allowed, only 2, 3 and 4 shoes standard "offroad type" clutches permitted.

12.- Differentials. Standard offroad type differentials permitted, no spools or one ways allowed.

13.- Pipes. Any commercially available exhaust system for .21 - .28 engines are permitted.

14.- 3 top drivers from each round are always elligible for technical inspection.

Here some pics from this year edition :

The layout of the track will remain the same, only upgrades on pits will be done. The track have GREAT traction and tire wear is medium.

Great weather, track at beach line, engines at full power !!

Try to jump down to southamerica for this event,

regards,
Old 09-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Looks like to be a great race

Have a great Event !!!!!!!!!

Nice to see someone advertise a race and actually have it
Old 09-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Looks like to be a great race

Have a great Event !!!!!!!!!

Nice to see someone advertise a race and actually have it
+1 WHAT HE SAID
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *1speedy
Vex, PM me a list of what you broke. I have many IGT parts and be happy to give them to you, I dont run Kyosho any more.

Fuel tank I dont have but have other parts. Let me know
Vex - Send me the list as well. I also have IGT parts from my K car that I didn't use on my HB conversion that I can give you. Glad to get another car running at FBF...
Old 09-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

You have a great looking facility, good luck with your race , wish I could be there.
Old 09-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Come on guys !, Peru is a very nice country, nice people, great weather and with this awesome event ... lets make the GT Class grow !.

You will not be dissapointed, we hope to have couple drivers from USA, come on !!

cya !!
Old 09-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've got a friend that moved back to Lima last year. He keeps
asking me to take a trip down there to visit with him and his family.
It would be great to visit with him and race too. Hmm?, I may just
do it.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default BE WARNED

IN RED IS THE FAMOUS JEFF VARGASS "JSPEED" ON ANOTHER FORUM.
THOUGHT GT PEEPS ON RCTECH MIGHT WANT TO SEE HIM AT WORK.

DONT GET INVOLVED WITH HIM

[quote author=jspeed board=general thread=3277 post=37913 time=1317250097][quote author=spooky board=general thread=3277 post=37910 time=1317242946]So, in other words , nothing.[/quote]

So you're only concern is continued fighting huh gus?

Tell us all about your innovations with aftermarket transmission solutions or about how your talented hands produced the most winning GT body design in the past two years.

Tell us all how you introduced the 1st wide GT rear slick into the world market. Tell us all how it was your idea.

Tell us how pissed you got when you found out your competitors were trying to have your new wide GT rear slicks outlawed because they didn't want to invest money in new tooling, lol ;D

Tell us how you educated thousands of GT racers about rubber shore selection and why.

Better yet, tell us how you were able to unify several countries to create the very 1st GT World Championships, which by the way is still the record holder for largest GT racer gathering in the history of our class.

How about when you worked with our current Roar President all those years ago to give the then new IGT2 its very 1st win in North America?

....... at the world famous Fort Meyers Winternats race track.

Tell us how you've spent hours trying to work him and others to create a better business climate for new entries into the GT arena.

How about how you began even the GT Racing section of this very forum to help grow the class world wide?

Tell us all how many GT events and GT racers you've helped to support over the last 4 years.

So much for spooky doing his part towards civility ;D
[/quote]

Spookys not fighting you he is EXPOSING YOU

Spooky myself and others have made and are using our own versions of KYOSHO’S HPI’S XRAY AND OFNA parts FOR OUR TRANSMISSIONS. Just because you don’t know what we use or don’t tell you doesn’t mean it isn’t happening jeffy boy. ;D :-X 8-)

As to your body and tires Nobody in Jersey New York or Utah uses them anymore, wait racerx uses your tires but he can’t finish a 5 min qualifier let alone a race so I guess his opinion is valid HA!!! Nobody HERE uses your tires NOBODY FACT is NOBODY uses your products in Utah either…..
I am sure you will now get pictures of peeps at BD that ran your body LAST YEAR but they all changed to another brand jeffy boy. They all found out in time that you are in need of therapy and better not to deal with you.

Again read this with your eyes it’s not the products you pedal it’s
YOU

Jeffy boys quote
“Tell us how you educated thousands of GT racers about rubber shore selection”

Look at this comment you made this is hilarious you expect people to believe you invented the shore measurement system for tires??? …put the crack pipe down

Yes jeffy boy you can have ALL the credit for the race in Florida but remember you promised everyone with track support from Kyosho,ofna,GO Engines, Maxy Fuel and many others BUT NOT ONE OF THEM SHOWED UP EXCEPT BYRONS AT THE LAST MIN.

SO IN OTHER WORDS YOU LIED TO EVERYONE TO AS HOW MUCH TO EXPECT AND NO SUPPORTERS WERE THERE SO YOUR WHOLE RACE WAS BASED ON A LIE…………………

Congrats on fooling so many to show up, funny how they all learned ABOUT YOU and less and less come to anything you do. Most Recent & Obvious porter Texas race had to be cancelled because NOBODY WOULD COME. FELT SORRY FOR YOU FOR 30 SECONDS BUT IM OVER IT… Why did you call all those people last week and BEG THEM TO COME??? They ALL SAID NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you actually think you are the one who got the IGT2 there 1st victory?? I didn’t realize you were Japanese, and you aren’t even welcome at THE Fort Meyers Track anymore (what a surprise) so slow the garbage truck down. :-X :-X

NOT A SINGLE RC COMPANY WANTS ANYTHING TO DO WITH YOU.

Bragging on how you have worked with the current roar president…. If you had half a brain you would hide that fact, he has done NOTHING !!!!!! Peeps in other classes can’t get this idiot to answer questions about upcoming roar events it’s all over rctech. :-X :'(

Spooky Works for RC BOYS, he sells repairs and helps people daily in the RC industry plus he is an avid Racer that actually Races often what do you do jeff?? You rebag tires at home and yell at people on 20 different forums all day Professional Forum Jerk. Have you even been to one race this season???

Spooky has been the picture of civility you are ALWAYS THE AGRESSOR.

Ever disagreement and fight on this forum has a common denominator,

YOU

Bark on
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

+1 I concur . All I asked on the other forum is who was copying Ipanema procucts, because it had been stated that other companies were. The above respose is because of that simple question.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rageworks
I've got a friend that moved back to Lima last year. He keeps
asking me to take a trip down there to visit with him and his family.
It would be great to visit with him and race too. Hmm?, I may just
do it.

That would be great !!! ...

I really wish at least 4-5 USA drivers can attend ...
Old 09-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Wow, the poison spreads to this forum now. Wonder how the continuation of this is helping the class grow?
Old 09-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

I can't figure out how that post helps our class in any way...

I think is sad to see how some people are willing to invest time posting stuff like that
Old 09-30-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Wow Jersey, so this is what one mans obsession with another man looks like. Run Jeff, this is starting to get wierd!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default JSPEED WINS

Originally Posted by JLock
Wow, the poison spreads to this forum now. Wonder how the continuation of this is helping the class grow?
Originally Posted by Gonzo RR
I can't figure out how that post helps our class in any way...

I think is sad to see how some people are willing to invest time posting stuff like that

I WILL MAKE THIS EASY …….

JEFF YOU WIN!!!!!!!!!!

YOU PROBOBLY DESEIGNED AND HOLD PATTONS ON MOST EVERYTHING IN RC, AND ARE MOST DEFINITLY THE MOST AVID RC GENIOUS ON EARTH. ASK ANYONE IN FLORIDA OR ON EARTH FOR THAT MATTER

YOU INVENTED RUBBER TIRES AND TAUGHT PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM ROUND AND ALSO TO HAVE DIFFERENT SHORES……WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH OUT THOSE INSTRUCTIONS

IF IT WASN’T FOR YOU WHO WOULD OF EVER THOUGHT OF HAVING AN ORGANIZED RACE OF SIMILAR RC CARS? JUST FOR THIS ALONE WE SHOULD THANK YOU DAILY……….

SPEC AND OPEN CLASS AT 1 TRACK WAS ALSO GENIOUS HOW DID YOU THINK OF IT.

I AM NOT SUE BUT I THINK YOU ALSO HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH GRAVITY TOO.

KYOSHO WASN’T SURE HOW TO SPELL GT & YOU DID SO THEY THOUGHT YOU MIGHT TRY & TAKEOVER THEIR COMPANY, SO THEY HAD TO DISTANCE THEMSELVES FROM YOU. SINCE YOU HAD SUCH SUCCESS THERE MAYBE SERPENT IS NEXT FOR YOU..

ANYWAYS I WILL LEAVE YOU BE SO YOU CAN CONTINUE TO TELL ALL ABOUT HOW YOU AND STEVE POND INVENTED GT RACING AND IF IT WASN’T FOR YOU NONE OF US COULD EVEN SPELL IT OR EVEN FIND A TRACK.

I WILL NO LONGER POST HERE.

NO ONE HERE CAN MATCH YOUR OPINION OR INTELLECT.

JSPEED AND JLOCK CAN PROBOBLY RULE THE GT WORLD JUST 1 SMALL LIE AT A TIME ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT CAN SPELL IT.

MAYBE YOU CAN TELL EVERYONE HOW YOU USED TO BE FROM NY, YEA THAT’S IT I GOT SCARED AND RAN AWAY ….

GL TO ALL YOU REAL AVID GT LOVERS..
Old 09-30-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you are truly gone, then goodbye to bad rubbish!!!! Maybe now the rest of us can put the focus and emphasis back on GT racing and possible heal some of the wounds that have been left with all the back-biting and end-fighting. Contrary to what you keep thinking in your finite wisdom, this isn't about Jeff, Jlock, or even you; this is about GT as an up and coming, growing class and how everyone can positively contribute to its growth and viability. Now, instead of having to focus on this obsessive crusade, now maybe the focus can go back to GT related things like the upcoming races and people that want to share interesting conversions or fixes to existing issues we might be experiencing with our GT cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.