Wiki Posts
Search

GT class--buggy-based on road!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by williamw
Where is here? Where did you get Alpha tires?

Just give couple more days for the USA distributor be announced ... its ready

cya,

Pato Concha
Alpha RC Driver
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jneg
This past race I used Ipanema tires and the Warrior body and got the TQ and 1st in the 45 minute A Main. The traction was great in both qualifiers and during the main.

As a side note for everyone that hasn't tried the Warrior just do it and you will feel how planted the car gets. The great thing is that the more you push the better it gets. Great job Ipanema!
Thank you and big time Congrats on your TQ & Win!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great looking race car bodies!
Old 09-28-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Addict

Some Action shots from this past weekends race.

TQ and first place! Driver Jaime E. Negron, Ipanema Warrior, Ipanema Tires, OFNA DM-1 Spec

Second Place Car Driver Hilton Martinez, Ipanema Warrior, Ipanema Tires, OFNA DM-1 Spec

Third Place driver Antonio Mellado, Protoform, Alpha RC Tires, OFNA DM-1 Spec

Fifth Place driver Pablo Rodriguez, OFNA Mercedez Benz, Alpha RC Tires, OFNA DM-1 Spec

Six place driver Jose Chalas, OFNA Mercedez Benz, Alpha/OFNA Tires, OFNA GTP2

Seventh place Carlos Sanches, OFNA Mercedez Benz, Ipanema Tires, OFNA GTP2
Old 09-28-2010, 07:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrats on your TQ and win, jneg!!!! Going to have to work more on my skills to try to get out and stay out in front of you the next time we race together. Hope to race with you again soon.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Some Action shots from this past weekends race.

Third Place driver Antonio Mellado, Protoform, Alpha RC Tires, OFNA DM-1 Spec
LOL!! I love this paint scheme. Somebody has a sense of humor, This is great. Paint like this should be required for all first time racers at bigger events. Locally we dont need it since we pretty much know who's who, but for events that you dont know the racers this is awesome. Nascar does it. I'm attending my first "bigger" race this October and should consider doing a body like this to advise others of my rookie-ness. Love it.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JLock
Congrats on your TQ and win, jneg!!!! Going to have to work more on my skills to try to get out and stay out in front of you the next time we race together. Hope to race with you again soon.
Nahhh you are plenty fast, I just hope to keep progressing so that we can give the Mexican drivers a go at their track at next years Worlds.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well I have used OFNA, Alpha, IMEX and Ipanema. The Sweeps here don't seem to work that well here. An experienced driver with
them was two laps behind in both qualifiers. He then switched to Ipamema and was competitive. This past race I used Ipanema tires and the Warrior body and got the TQ and 1st in the 45 minute A Main. The traction was great in both qualifiers and during the main.

As a side note for everyone that hasn't tried the Warrior just do it and you will feel how planted the car gets. The great thing is that the more you push the better it gets. Great job Ipanema!
The one thing that's been kinda lacking is really spicy paint jobs. Great paint work! GT Racing needs some more of those. I don't know who painted them, but keep up the good work. I have a couple bodies that could be painted. I'm just sayin'....
Old 10-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ipanema

Hy,
one doubt from my side:
When you say Ipanema tires, are you talking about Sintec ? or it is just a coincidence the wheel stile are the same ?

Thanks

Cestari - Brazil
Team Losi 8-based GT killer :-)
Old 10-01-2010, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SteveP
The one thing that's been kinda lacking is really spicy paint jobs. Great paint work! GT Racing needs some more of those. I don't know who painted them, but keep up the good work. I have a couple bodies that could be painted. I'm just sayin'....
Well credit must be given to the painters, on the left the body was painted by Mike Design and mine (right) was painted by my great friend and pitman AntonSpeedy Paint. Both are local and do great work at great prices.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I picked up williamw's nitro dm1 spec roller, and converted it to electric using the Tekno kit. Don't need the chassis posted it up in the for sale section here.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:01 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Does anyone make a race worthy rear exhaust for the DM-1? Would it be a bad idea to try to customize one from a Revo/T-Maxx, something like that?
Old 10-04-2010, 09:06 AM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lapper
Does anyone make a race worthy rear exhaust for the DM-1? Would it be a bad idea to try to customize one from a Revo/T-Maxx, something like that?

I've seen it done but you can't get the performance out of the engine. Trust me been their done that.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ofna makes an 086 pipe and header setup that will fit on the DM-1. The chassis requires the header to have a very tight bend, a normal offroad header will not work. The 086 pipe is an excellent all around on-road / off-road pipe.

The price is great also, less than $60.00.
Part # OFN10056

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oad-Tuned-Pipe
Old 10-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Body shells

Hi guys hope you don't mind me butting in but I just wondered what you thought of these for your GT's
Attached Thumbnails GT class--buggy-based on road!-lola-aston-martin.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-w1024_dscn9926_1638228462.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-dscf0856.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-w1024_corvette_1550103935.jpg   GT class--buggy-based on road!-w1024_mc1_875629507.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.