R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   CA Tire Glue - what would you suggest? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/18120-ca-tire-glue-what-would-you-suggest.html)

puma1824 05-12-2003 08:56 PM

CA Tire Glue - what would you suggest?

I keep ripping off my tires on my Nitros...

Which brand and consistency (thin, med, thick) would you suggest?

My local LHS only has the generic stuff which doesn't work for me :(

thanks,
Puma

sausage_link 05-13-2003 12:57 AM

i use Flash CA and its consistency is Thin :)

hope this helps
wat brand are u using?

FREAKAH 05-13-2003 01:03 AM

Yep! Those generic re-labled stuff is a waste or money.

I currently use the Losi thin tire glue with excellent results. The included teflon tube ensures a mess free job too.

rrgt_kid 05-13-2003 01:36 AM

i use flash thin and its in a pink bottle!

but about 10 years ago when i was flying planes i used to use some other that we got from the states but it aint around anymore and it was top stuff!!!!:D ::D :D :D

jeremy

FREAKAH 05-13-2003 01:49 AM

Was it Hot Stuff?

popsracer 05-13-2003 09:18 AM

CA Tire Glue - what would you suggest?

Guys;

From past experience, stick with a Tire specific CA glue. The general hobby CA's don't work as good.

Tire/Rim prep has a large impact on how strong the bond is. Make sure the Tire and Rim have been throughly cleaned to remove any molding residue and it helps to scuff up the Bead area on the Rim & Tires with a Dremel or Sandpaper.

PS, Keep a bottle of DE-Bonder handy. :lol:

rrgt_kid 05-14-2003 12:40 AM

Originally posted by FREAKAH
Was it Hot Stuff?
i cant exactly remeber!.:D

jeremy:p

Manticore 05-14-2003 12:45 AM

check out some industy grade CA. they have different spec such as application and drying speed.

look for spec especially for rubber and nylon and i think you dont need a CA with drying speed of 3 seconds.

FREAKAH 05-14-2003 02:20 AM

Re: CA Tire Glue - what would you suggest?

Originally posted by popsracer
Tire/Rim prep has a large impact on how strong the bond is. Make sure the Tire and Rim have been throughly cleaned to remove any molding residue and it helps to scuff up the Bead area on the Rim & Tires with a Dremel or Sandpaper.
I wash the wheels and tires in a 20/80 solution of Simple Green and warm water for ten minutes and then rinse thoroghly and let dry. A good dish soap like Dawn works great also.

fastharry™ 05-14-2003 04:56 AM

ever since I started scuffing the rims and tire bead with a scotch brite pad,then washing with detergent(dishwashing or simple green) I've had no more problems..

also,LOSI tread lock is the best I've found..

TRF_TG10R 05-16-2003 11:10 AM

SUPer Glue!! :nod:

NTC3NUT 05-16-2003 12:19 PM

Losi CA is some of the best. If you use the thick stuff it gives you a little time to correct mistakes, and it will outlast the thinner stuff. No matter what you prefer, they make it all. And yes, debonder & accelerator are good things to have.

THeGame 05-16-2003 02:19 PM

Losi CA

i 2nd that.. Its awsome..

FREAKAH 05-17-2003 02:42 AM

5/8 FULL?............C'MON!!!!

I just wish Losi would fill the bottle up all the way :nod: .

sausage_link 05-17-2003 03:09 AM

if your tyres are falling off then i wouldnt blame it on your CA sounds like your tyres are too big for the rim and your relying too much on teh CA to keep em in place

i found that even super glue works