Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracks in Norfolk VA?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Tracks in Norfolk VA?

Is there any on road track around Norfolk, VA. ?
Also there was a small Off road track inside the Naval Base, Is it still around?
info please....
Old 07-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as I know, there aren't any onroad tracks near Norfolk. There is a Debbies rc world in Chesapeake that has a really nice indoor carpet track and they are looking to build an outdoor onroad and offroad track but they haven't got them built yet. Maybe next summer.

Some of the guys that live in your area come to richmond and race onroad at our track: www.vorra.org We have a decent sized parking lot track and we race 1st and 3rd sundays of the month with classes for all types of vehicles and skill levels. This weekends race had to be cancelled though. If you look at our forum, you can talk to the guys in your area and keep track of when our races will be.

The guys from your area also go to 301 in Brandywine MD that has a premiere onroad track. Definitely worth the trip. Check here to get info on it: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98754

Hope to see you in Richmond sometime.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JetMD
As far as I know, there aren't any onroad tracks near Norfolk. There is a Debbies rc world in Chesapeake that has a really nice indoor carpet track and they are looking to build an outdoor onroad and offroad track but they haven't got them built yet. Maybe next summer.

Some of the guys that live in your area come to richmond and race onroad at our track: www.vorra.org We have a decent sized parking lot track and we race 1st and 3rd sundays of the month with classes for all types of vehicles and skill levels. This weekends race had to be cancelled though. If you look at our forum, you can talk to the guys in your area and keep track of when our races will be.

The guys from your area also go to 301 in Brandywine MD that has a premiere onroad track. Definitely worth the trip. Check here to get info on it: http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98754

Hope to see you in Richmond sometime.
I will visit you guys sometime. Debbies has been saying they will build the tracks since 2004. it ain't going to happen. so 301 or Richmond so far.
I heard there is a track out there at Roanoke. is that true?
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Did I hear right that VA started an $1100.00, speeding surcharge besides the fine for speeding, and a mile per hour fine over the limit fee?

If this is true, I'll have to be going around VA to get where I'm going !
Old 07-13-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theRED5
Did I hear right that VA started an $1100.00, speeding surcharge besides the fine for speeding, and a mile per hour fine over the limit fee?

If this is true, I'll have to be going around VA to get where I'm going !
I know they've come up with some kind of additional charges for speeding but don't remember how much it is. I have been hearing on the news that a couple lawyers are fighting this.

As far as Roanoke, I haven't heard anything about a track there.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I don't know if this is worth mentioning... cause I am not in favor of crappy hobbytown at all... but they do hold what they call races in a musical chair fashion in va beach, newport news, and richmond. Last time I took out my G4 some kid smashed the hell out of my rear end, driving me into the wall that snapped the car in half... but at least its a place where you can run sedans...

I would say the drive to the 301 raceway is well worth the trip, as well as the vorra track in richmond. The debbies track will never come. I've lost faith in them last year.. or was it the year before???
Old 07-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cheesewhip
I don't know if this is worth mentioning... cause I am not in favor of crappy hobbytown at all... but they do hold what they call races in a musical chair fashion in va beach, newport news, and richmond. Last time I took out my G4 some kid smashed the hell out of my rear end, driving me into the wall that snapped the car in half... but at least its a place where you can run sedans...

I would say the drive to the 301 raceway is well worth the trip, as well as the vorra track in richmond. The debbies track will never come. I've lost faith in them last year.. or was it the year before???
Gotta agree with Cheesewhip. I'm from Chesapeake and still come home once a month to visit the fam. The Hobbytown races are very poorly run and typically turn into demolision derby (at least the 2 I have seen at the Va Beach and Pennisula stores).

The drive to MD is well worth it to race at 301. And the VORRA guys put on a really good show up in Richmond as well. Go over to the Racing forum and check the threads there.
Old 07-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey, vice president of vorra,
do y'all run on any other days than sunday??
Old 07-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Nope. 1st and 3rd sundays only this year. But we are also having a race on July 29th as well to make up for a rained out race.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Regular

WOW! That's a nice picture you have for your avatar.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

I know isn't it? Thanks again!