Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

well I have to weigh in on the bodies.

I find big differences in handling and lap times based on bodies. Some bodies like the stratus are sorta neutral but to me they push, some like the vauxhall have more steering, some have awesome downforce like the nsx, some are just ill-handling pigs all around like the saleen mustang. Some like the 911 gt2 look great on aero's but are very tail-happy. Not sure why some can't tell any difference between bodies when racing but everyone I race with sure can.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
well I have to weigh in on the bodies.

I find big differences in handling and lap times based on bodies. Some bodies like the stratus are sorta neutral but to me they push, some like the vauxhall have more steering, some have awesome downforce like the nsx, some are just ill-handling pigs all around like the saleen mustang. Some like the 911 gt2 look great on aero's but are very tail-happy. Not sure why some can't tell any difference between bodies when racing but everyone I race with sure can.
Interesting........... Well I find that my suspension and tire choice makes far more difference, the biggest thing bodies do for me is downforce. As you said some of the more "pretty" rear wings actually dont do much at all and give minimal downforce.

All the race protoform bodies seem to me to be the same Perhaps if I was really picky I could say some were better than others in certain areas but I would really be splitting hairs. Certainly there is absolutely no difference on the timesheets.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

random thought,

Kyosho should come out with a Kyosho Vone triple R, or something. With a carbon fiber upper deck, carbon fiber shock towers, lower cg engine mounts, super narrow chassis, layed down servo in front, and a super low fuel tank.

Yeah, you can get all the hop ups to do this, but that's alot of cash and what a hassle, just come out with the Vone RRR and make it easy on us Kyosho peeps.

I've been visitin the MTX-3 thread too much... sheeshh..

Last edited by calimassive; 11-13-2002 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:16 PM
asd
Tech Addict

lol, good idea, u know waht teh funny thing i noticed about teh mtx-2? there was never an mtx-1
Old 11-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

yeah, ur right...
Old 11-13-2002, 06:23 PM
asd
Tech Addict

lol..............................
Old 11-13-2002, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
random thought,

Kyosho should come out with a Kyosho Vone triple R, or something. With a carbon fiber upper deck, carbon fiber shock towers, lower cg engine mounts, super narrow chassis, layed down servo in front, and a super low fuel tank.

Yeah, you can get all the hop ups to do this, but that's alot of cash and what a hassle, just come out with the Vone RRR and make it easy on us Kyosho peeps.

I've been visitin the MTX-3 thread too much... sheeshh..
Why?? The V1RR is a great car in its own right without these minor parts.

Look at the XRAY and the TC3 (electric one). The XRAY oozes quality is alloy and graphite all over, the TC3 is a big ole hunk of plastic. But the TC3 has proven many times it has the ability to hang with the graphite tourers in the right hands.
Old 11-13-2002, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Well I was just having a laugh...

But seriously, ur right, the V1rr is a great car.
Like I said I've been visiting the MTX-3 thread far too often latley.
Old 11-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by calimassive
Well I was just having a laugh...

But seriously, ur right, the V1rr is a great car.
Like I said I've been visiting the MTX-3 thread far too often latley.
Hehehehe I know

Just like to give props to the V1RR whenever possible
Old 11-13-2002, 07:06 PM
asd
Tech Addict

lol,
it would be nice to see some carbon graphite parts though. jus add a carbon graphite radio plate instead of a "fiberglass reinforced one(lol)" and it will look that much nicer, and become that more attractive to racer's looking for a great car
Old 11-13-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Just like to give props to the V1RR whenever possible
AMG, me too... the V1RR is an awesome car. I dont think any other car I've seen in person can beat it in terms of quality. Moreover, Kawahara has done a great job with V1R/RR hop ups.
so its all good. As impressive as the MTX-3 looks, I would never give up my V1rr. Unless the MTX-3 was just hands down the better car, which I doubt.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racer rich
DCR1TWO-

Very nice looking car! I have one question regarding the graphite upper deck on your car. As you may know, the Reflex comes with a very thin and pliable graphite upper deck. On your Reflex I can see you used an aftermarket graphite upper deck. Is the graphite upper deck on your Reflex the graphite upper deck from 3 Racing? If not, what manufacturer makes it? I was thinking about puchasing an aftermarket graphite upper deck but I was not quite sure if any would accomadate the low CG fuel tank that the Reflex comes with. Did you have to make any modifications to install the low CG fuel tank? Does the aftermarket graphite upper deck your using still keep the low CG fuel tank exactly in the center of the car?

Thank you for considering to answer all these questions!
The upper deck on that car is a K Factory deck and lower CG Fuel tank
I myself and a few others hear have the same combo, the only drawback is you need to get a different side brace that has its own side belt tensioner, there is not a space for one on the K factory unit.
The K factory side brace is cool,I have not had a problem with mine.
Old 11-13-2002, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE Bodies

I run what evryone else is useing, as in stratus or accord maybe lola or crowd pleaser

I would say run the one you like the best Damn the ones who know it all
Old 11-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by racer rich
DCR1TWO-

Very nice looking car! I have one question regarding the graphite upper deck on your car. As you may know, the Reflex comes with a very thin and pliable graphite upper deck. On your Reflex I can see you used an aftermarket graphite upper deck. Is the graphite upper deck on your Reflex the graphite upper deck from 3 Racing? If not, what manufacturer makes it? I was thinking about puchasing an aftermarket graphite upper deck but I was not quite sure if any would accomadate the low CG fuel tank that the Reflex comes with. Did you have to make any modifications to install the low CG fuel tank? Does the aftermarket graphite upper deck your using still keep the low CG fuel tank exactly in the center of the car?

Thank you for considering to answer all these questions!
I purchased the graphite upper deck from integy for about $30. I believe it was made by Eagle racing. It is a direct fit for the V-ONE R and Reflex, and allows you to use the low CG tank, with predrilled holes on either side.

The tank is still in the center and you will need to purchase the V-ONE R receiver cover to get it to work with the Reflex. You can get the receiver cover from tower part# FM314 for $6.49. You will also have to cut out a small hole in the back of the receiver cover to accomodate the wider/lower CG tank. Other than that, all I did was add thicker o-rings to the tank mount to keep it from flopping around.

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-tank.jpg  
Old 11-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by HEYALIGNMENTGUY
The upper deck on that car is a K Factory deck and lower CG Fuel tank
I myself and a few others hear have the same combo, the only drawback is you need to get a different side brace that has its own side belt tensioner, there is not a space for one on the K factory unit.
The K factory side brace is cool,I have not had a problem with mine.
Actually the Eagle/Integy upper deck was designed with the original mounting holes for the stock or aftermarket side belt tensioners.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho VoneR Thread-bracemount.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.