Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by AMGRacer
Ohhhhhh OK. What setup do you use for your rubber? I also am thinking of running a rubber setup soon.....

Thanks
i have kyosho LSD in rear and front and mid one-way.

stock shock oil
front gold spring and rear stock spring

front black sway bar and rear none.

front shock lowest position and also rear lowest positon. (i run the LOLA body)

chassis ride high as low as possible as we have a flat and smooth track

Front zero toe and 0.5 camber

rear 2.5 rear toe in and 1' camber

camber link on lower hole on rear hub
Old 11-12-2001, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Manticore do you have a good setup for foam tires on a medium fairly fast track?

I am trying to use the Kyosho setup as much as I can and it is OK, but I feel it could be better......

Thanks!!
I run Ellegie foam tires at our track shown below. With 3.5 at FL, FR & RR and 4.5 at RL, all tires wear perfectly. It varies from different set-up and driving style. BTW, why don't you ask the guys in your track? I've thrown away the setup sheet from Kyosho age ago.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

i have kyosho LSD in rear and front and mid one-way.

stock shock oil
front gold spring and rear stock spring

front black sway bar and rear none.

front shock lowest position and also rear lowest positon. (i run the LOLA body)

chassis ride high as low as possible as we have a flat and smooth track

Front zero toe and 0.5 camber

rear 2.5 rear toe in and 1' camber

camber link on lower hole on rear hub
The graphite rear shock plate from Five-Star provides one extra lower position than the stock one. I used to mount that lowest position and it provides good rear grip with stock spring. That's the only graphite option I got, not because of the material but the holes.

We need extra holes...
Old 11-12-2001, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva

The graphite rear shock plate from Five-Star provides one extra lower position than the stock one. I used to mount that lowest position and it provides good rear grip with stock spring. That's the only graphite option I got, not because of the material but the holes.

We need extra holes...
now i know you love holes !
Old 11-12-2001, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

We all like that, don't we?
Old 11-12-2001, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

The LSD from Kyosho is not really a LSD right? It actually locks the diff as the cars speed increases? Does it do this progressively or is it like a light switch?

I am still trying to understand how this device will affect the handling of my car.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:06 PM
Tech Champion

The LSD from Kyosho is not really a LSD right? It actually locks the diff as the cars speed increases? Does it do this progressively or is it like a light switch?

I am still trying to understand how this device will affect the handling of my car.
actually the kyosho LSD is an active LSD but not reactive LSD!! under the design you cannot spin the rear diff freely.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

I think you're talking about the Kawa diff. Yes it indeed locks the diff as speed increases. It prevents the difference in spin rate between the RR and RL when you're pulling throttle out of the corner. I saw many ppl putting this stuff on and the effect is quite obvious. But I don't think it's worth that money.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Normal 1:1 LSD are "torque-splitting" devices that can sense when a particular wheel is losing grip and channel more power to the other wheel. These are the "torsen" style diffs. Then there are the old style mechanical LSDs with spider gears and clutches or cone clutches like in the Ford nine inch differentials which increased traction to both wheels as the torque force on the drive shaft increases......

What exacty does the Kyosho diff do? I think it locks both rear wheels as the SPEED increases, not the TORQUE forces right? Or am I wrong. The torque forces are most important as when you mash the throttle from a standstill both wheels should lock. Whereas with the Kyosho they would not lock until the diff speed was high enough? Right??
Old 11-12-2001, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Diva

I think you're talking about the Kawa diff. Yes it indeed locks the diff as speed increases. It prevents the difference in spin rate between the RR and RL when you're pulling throttle out of the corner. I saw many ppl putting this stuff on and the effect is quite obvious. But I don't think it's worth that money.
as far as i can see the kawahara diff still have a fault on it. when your LR wheel free spin, the diff will lock up. but when the RR wheel free spin the diff will not lock up !! i.e. this diff has to work together with the chassis setup and tire in order to get maximum performance.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

So the Kawahara diff will lock up when wheels lose traction, but the Kyosho diff locks up when the speed increases sufficiently. Right?
Old 11-12-2001, 08:33 PM
Tech Champion

So the Kawahara diff will lock up when wheels lose traction, but the Kyosho diff locks up when the speed increases sufficiently. Right?
not really, they are design for different purpose.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

the kyosho LSD designed for corners and to limit free spin and on the straight the diff still work when you steer.
the kawahara diff has no function on corners as the built in clutch isnt engaged at slow speed. and the diff will progressively lock up according to the diff REV and give you higher straight like stability.
Old 11-12-2001, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

the kyosho LSD designed for corners and to limit free spin and on the straight the diff still work when you steer.
the kawahara diff has no function on corners as the built in clutch isnt engaged at slow speed. and the diff will progressively lock up according to the diff REV and give you higher straight-line stability.

amended
Old 11-13-2001, 09:10 AM
Tech Regular

Talking about LSD, anyone found out what that black lube is? I'm talking about the Kyosho LSD...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.