R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Mugen MTX-2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/166-mugen-mtx-2-a.html)

tekrsq 08-23-2001 08:32 AM

Mugen MTX-2

Here it is guys. Let's start over.

bgotori 08-23-2001 04:50 PM

What basic hop-ups do you need???

Hey All

I'm looking for a New Car, thinking about the MTX-2 or Yokomo GT-4.

What are the very Basic hop-ups I need to have this run...

Thanks

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

Manticore 08-23-2001 05:10 PM

mid belt tensioner is a must have. purple and light blue springs. for tunning options.

TheBarber 08-23-2001 07:58 PM

i went crazy and got almost all the hop ups i could for my mtx-2 (still building). i've got a question.........i installed a carbon disc brake and teflon pads. i know the disc has its advantages, but the pads are too thick and it binds when i install the cross brace. my question is, and i probably already know the answer, should i just put the stock pads in and screw it or is there something i should do to make these teflon ones work. not being familiar with the gt-4 i'd say the mugen is the way to go. other than the instructions, this car was rather simple to put together, except for the rec. provisions. kind of tyte.

NISMO 08-24-2001 02:50 AM

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a side tensioner to put on a kawahara deck,
has anyone tried the kawahara one if so does it include
bearings & do you think it's as good as the kose tensioner?
Thanks in advance.........

tekrsq 08-24-2001 03:09 AM

Bgotori- Manticore is right, that's about all you really need as for "basic" hop-ups.

Barber- You can't use brake "pads" with the CF brake disk. There isn't enough room and it creates too much heat. Just put the metal plates in.

RB26Dett- Sorry, but can't help. I run the Kose tensioner on the Powerline deck. Works awesome for me.

NISMO 08-24-2001 03:14 AM

Hey tekrsq, does the kose come with bearings?

tekrsq 08-24-2001 10:08 AM

Yep.

TheBarber 08-24-2001 04:49 PM

tekrsq - thanx, man i feel like a toad. i'm sure glad i asked though. thanx for the info and i'll let you know how it goes. :)

Manticore 08-25-2001 10:17 AM

Tips for the day. Dont over tighten your servo saver screw or your steering will blind up and your car will never run straight.:flaming:

Sydewynder 08-27-2001 12:59 AM

TheBarber

You need to use one stock pad on the outside to get the spacing correct. If you use no pads at all the brake cam will not put enough pressure on the plates and disc.

tekresq

[SIZE=medium]Am I going to get a welcome here on this site too from you. [/SIZE] :p

I wonder if Manticore is Moon? :confused:

tekrsq 08-27-2001 04:28 PM

Fok!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME ABOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I've heard a few people say they needed to yse the pad on the outside, but I didn't have to. Mine fit quite nicely without it, but I don't use a lot of brake anyway.

I don't think Manticore is Moon, but who knows. I've been wrong before, lol.

TheBarber 08-27-2001 04:49 PM

this may not sound right but here we go.....i installed it with just the plates (no pads) and it seems to fit quite nice. when setting my brake throw i noticed i wasn't getting enough pressure on the plates. SO i lengthened the fuel tubing on the brake 'rod' and no i can adjust it in and out. i'll see how it does in a long race. thanx again for the info.

bgotori 08-27-2001 06:43 PM

Hey All

Is the Kit Disc brake plastic or carbon fiber???

Thanks

Bradley J. Gotori
[email protected]

TheBarber 08-27-2001 07:20 PM

its a very thin pc of steel. i was told to first get a belt tensioner and then the carbon fiber rotor. but thats one guys opinion. :)