Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-2

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Where is everyone??

Calling Manticore Calling Manticore Calling Manticore Calling Manticore do you read me over ?

I was wondering how often do I need to open up the Kawahara Negative Diff to re lube it? Will the lube run low in the housing? it seems to me it is a sealed unit so lube should be going anywhere, right
Old 12-12-2001, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Hard Jokur

I wouldn't worry about breaking the top deck. Somehow, I know that it won't break. The car is pretty tough. Usually, you'll break an arm or knuckle if you break anything. Make sure you have a return spring on the throttle and you should be fine. Just check your setup after each run if you kiss a board.
Old 12-12-2001, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by psycho
Hard Jokur

I wouldn't worry about breaking the top deck. Somehow, I know that it won't break. The car is pretty tough. Usually, you'll break an arm or knuckle if you break anything. Make sure you have a return spring on the throttle and you should be fine. Just check your setup after each run if you kiss a board.

Hard Jokur
Totally agree with Psycho! just make sure you have spare parts on front and rear A arm and uprights! front wide bumper too!
Old 12-13-2001, 12:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Servo Question

This is not a specific to MTX-2 question but because you Mugen users are all so smart I decide to ask here. What servo do you use and what is it specs? What do you consider minimum speed and torque specs for steering and throttle? All helpful replies appreciated!
Old 12-13-2001, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Servo Question

Good Q.... Well best I can sugges it how much do you want to spend because a good servo is gonna cost at least $40 and as high as $100+. I t mainly depends on the brand... SO that being said allow me to suggest that your steering servo be somewhere around these specs: .2 sec travel, 70oz torque. I think a servo ith these specs are the minimum...

For the price Hitec make some very affordable servos when you compare to KOPRopo, JR, Futaba, and Airtronics... I just got my car, and installed a Hitech 5645MG... (6v specs) 133oz/in .18 sec and it only set me back $50...

Now if you try and get a steering servo with similar specs (maybe a bit faster) like an Airtronics 158 or 258 expect at least $100.

Throttle servo you can use any standard servo, if you wan tot go a bit higher than that then maybe try one or 2 steps higher.... somewhere around 60-70oz torque and .2 sec should be more than adequate.

My choice of servos regardless of price

Hitec
KOPropo
JR
Airtronics
Futaba

SO.... check out the company websites and go from there... for a list of SOME servo specs... try here, the info is kinda dated but it does help out quite a bit.

http://rcvehicles.about.com/library/...ms=servo+specs

I hope this helps...

Rich

Originally posted by SHARP
This is not a specific to MTX-2 question but because you Mugen users are all so smart I decide to ask here. What servo do you use and what is it specs? What do you consider minimum speed and torque specs for steering and throttle? All helpful replies appreciated!
Old 12-13-2001, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Servos

I use Futaba 9450's on both throttle and steering, they do drain the batteries faster, so I'm going to replace my throttle servo with Futaba 3401 which is .15 sec/44.4 oz of torque. You don't need a lot of torque on these sedans as far as steering 40oz of torque will hold your steering and Hitec makes very good digital servos 5625 hi speed and 5645 hi torque servos at $54.99 which is a good price for digital servos. and they offer a 2 year warranty.
Old 12-13-2001, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy Gotta rebuild

BUmmer... I took the engine apart, and it need a piston & sleeve... Any one know where to get at a GOOD price...

AND how duz ya remove the GUNK from the block?? I have heard thet using a slow cooker and radiator fluid will do the trick (helicopter guys trick) , but I dont have a slow cooker available for this...

Thanks

Rich
Old 12-13-2001, 11:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks HardJokur and Asphalt Assassin!
Old 12-14-2001, 03:54 PM
Pek
Tech Rookie

Default Cluth spring

Has anyone found the spring for the for the clutch included in the prospec to be a little to stiff?

Does anyone know where i could get the lighter spring - i think its silver?
Old 12-14-2001, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

You can get a clutch spring from www.nitrohouse.com
Old 12-14-2001, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default Mugen New Shoe 2 speed

Mugen will release their new Shoe 2 speed next week and it is half the price of Kawahara 2 speed.
Old 12-14-2001, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Servo Question

Originally posted by SHARP
I am using JR digital servo DZ8450, rated 0.08sec/60 degree, torque is 98oz/in. I think the holding power is over 133oz.

Now here is a few reason you want to get into some good servos for steering, Number 1 is the holding power it means it will hold it's position while under load meaning if you are going highspeed through a sweeper there is so much force pushing on the steering so high holding power would help throughout the turns.

Digital Servo is so precise, once you let go of the wheel it will return to perfect center which helps alot when you are exiting sweeper to straight away! and if you just barely touch it, it will start moving as your command!

speed is another thing, you want your steering servo to move fast to have fast steering respond!

But granted 0.08sec is too fast! I had to slow down the servo! I think if I had to get another steering servo I would go for the same JR digital.

Also I know Hitec makes some good servos too!

By the way I am just using a standard servo for throttle and brake.

Hope this will help!
Old 12-14-2001, 05:08 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default Re: Mugen New Shoe 2 speed

Originally posted by AsphaltAssasin
Mugen will release their new Shoe 2 speed next week and it is half the price of Kawahara 2 speed.
Where did you hear about this? Do you know where I can find more info about this?
Old 12-14-2001, 05:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Mugen New Shoe 2 speed

Originally posted by Dan

Where did you hear about this? Do you know where I can find more info about this?
Robbie from Team Mugen USA and told me about it.
Old 12-14-2001, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Mugen New Shoe 2 speed

Originally posted by AsphaltAssasin

Robbie from Team Mugen USA and told me about it.
Although the finger type 2speed works really well, it is time to have something new for the MTX2 !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.