Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Aaa... errrr... I knew that
Old 09-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Zootcapri;3712289]The real question: Will Kyosho bring it here?

QUOTE]

No, Kyosho America is not going to bring the SPADA to the US.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:27 PM
Tech Addict

That would be too bad...

... what is your source of information?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:21 AM
lim
Tech Initiate

news for Spada from Italy by CapricornRC

Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This Carbon looks pretty nice also,What are they using in the front carbon piece for the king pins? And do you know if the Top plate sets a bit higher to clear the front belt pully?
I just seen that thier full set is 60 Euro=84.00,not bad
Sorry for all the questions but Japanese and English is enough for me to handle
The Honest carbon top plate has a cut out for the pully but this one doesnt seem to have that.
Looks pretty nice though and its nice to see a few more parts for the Spada around.

As far as the Honest parts go i have three full sets on order for three guys here. After i get finished with my Mini race im going to jump back on my Spada.
This is whats taking up all my time right now
http://www.barbiere.sakura.ne.jp/index2.html
Old 09-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Having ordered the Honest set of carbon parts, I would be interested in hearing from anyone that gets the Capricorn set. In particular, I like the look of the front brace. It seems like a better design than removing so much material to clear the belt like the Honest piece.

Can anyone comment on the strength of the Honest piece? Does the belt groove have any real impact on the strength of the piece?
Old 09-28-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gregmuri
Having ordered the Honest set of carbon parts, I would be interested in hearing from anyone that gets the Capricorn set. In particular, I like the look of the front brace. It seems like a better design than removing so much material to clear the belt like the Honest piece.

Can anyone comment on the strength of the Honest piece? Does the belt groove have any real impact on the strength of the piece?
Looking at the Spada here at the shop it looks like the Capricorn Front brace wouldnt fit under the body. You can check it out for your self on your Spada but it looks really close for clearence
For the Honest front piece i see the bushing in the front A arm being the biggest advantage. That little groove for the belt looks about the same as the stock plastic piece. BUt i dont have the Honest parts in hand yet to double check.
I cant wait to get the Honest parts and check them out.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
That would be too bad...

... what is your source of information?
Kyosho America direct.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Kyosho America direct.

As I mentioned before... Too Bad. It is a fun, simple little car and would make a great class.

In the mean time... have Ivan ship you a car. EMS ships it to the States in three days including passing through customs. I am sorry that Kyosho isn't planning on bringing in the car. There are two here in Utah and we have raced (and hope to race more) against 19T 1/12th pan cars. It was a blast and added to the fun. We aren't on pace ... yet.... but those watching got a good show as well. We run the Inferno GT's down to the 18R's ... on the same track (in their own classes of course). This car looked fun from the promo videos and turned out to be a great ride.

Last edited by Zootcapri; 09-28-2007 at 09:32 PM. Reason: more information
Old 09-28-2007, 11:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

I seen new pictures of the Porsche Spada today. The body is a little lower around the sides making a slightley taller brake link scoop. Ther is also a scoop on the other side in the same area. The Porsche will be sold as a kit but it is 1000 Yen more. There are some head light decals. The body is the Carbon body that was at the Shizouka hobby show but it is clear.
Im pretty shure the body alone will make it out around the same time as the complete kit.
So in October there will be a second Spada to chose from.
I also got the hard compound tires in today.

Last edited by bakaguyjean; 09-29-2007 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

I have one in Arizona. I would be willin to travel to race the car with others.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:08 AM
Tech Initiate

It seems to me that Kyosho America has really lost sight of where the hobby is in the USA. Years ago I owned many different Kyosho products. Just getting back into the hobby, I will not buy anything other than the Spada. Their parts and kits are not available through my LHS or through Tower. I can't imagine what they were thinking changing their distribution like they did.

Oh well, the service from RC Rainbow is awesome so I will be able to enjoy my Spada!!!!!

I really like the look of the Porsche body so I will definitely be ordering one.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

I really dont understand Kyosho America either. Im American and lived ther untill i was 25 so i do understand what some of you might be going through.

Here in Japan we have all of the Kyosho stuff of course but i feel that Kyosho is an under dog in America. I can understand why though. If you look at the Kyosho America website there really isnt much there. When i was waiting for the Spada to come out i tried to get as much information about Nitro engines as i could as this is my first nitro car. Kyosho did not have anything. I got most of my info from HPI,and it helped out. HPI dosent really interest me but thier website shure helped out.
One more thing i noticed about Kyosho America is they dont have all of the Mini-Z stuff that we have here in Japan. There is a really popular Mini-Z Monster of the VW beetle. Its pretty cool looking and the Mini-Z monsters are pretty fun. You can drive them all over the house during the winter.
But Kyosho America only has a few of the models on thier website.But there is something like 15 different Mini-Z Monsters.
I could be dead wrong as i havent been to America in 7 years.

But i think most guys my age love Kyosho, but there just hasnt been anything for us from them for a while. For some reason the Spada seems to appeal to guys my age that respect Kyosho stuff but havent had a cool car to buy in a while.
The Inferno GT looks like it would be a fun car. But if the Spada wasnt around i wouldnt have looked at it. The Spada got me looking at Kysoho again.And i think that if they had them in America it would get a few more people looking at Kyosho again.
Just an idea.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bakaguyjean
And i think that if they had them in America it would get a few more people looking at Kyosho again.
Until then.... long live the Spada underground!!
Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Have you got around to using the Carbon chassis yet? Just wanted to see if it s working out for you all right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.