R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Futaba 3PK Question...... anybody ?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/15793-futaba-3pk-question-anybody.html)

CS Lo 04-03-2003 10:09 PM

Futaba 3PK Question...... anybody ??

Hi all,

I have a Futaba 3PK controller for my Kyosho VoneRR.
My questions are :-

1) I understand from the menu that the steering & throttle servo speed can be set according to what your driving style, but after several attemp, it does not seem to work for me.
(I am trying to set the throttle servo at a slower speed when I pull the throttle for the first 1/4 or 1/2 of the trottle.)

I would appreciate some one (some expert) can guard me the correct way of setting it.

2) A.B.S setting
I have set the A.B.S correctly, but just wondering whether how the other has set the A.B.S setting & some adivse from experts on this matter.

Michael_T 04-03-2003 11:30 PM

Re: Futaba 3PK Question...... anybody ??

Originally posted by CS Lo
Hi all,

I have a Futaba 3PK controller for my Kyosho VoneRR.
My questions are :-

1) I understand from the menu that the steering & throttle servo speed can be set according to what your driving style, but after several attemp, it does not seem to work for me.
(I am trying to set the throttle servo at a slower speed when I pull the throttle for the first 1/4 or 1/2 of the trottle.)

I would appreciate some one (some expert) can guard me the correct way of setting it.

2) A.B.S setting
I have set the A.B.S correctly, but just wondering whether how the other has set the A.B.S setting & some adivse from experts on this matter.

1) You need to set the TH-EXP. This will allow you to set the sensitivty of the throttle servo at certain points. Personally, I just use Throttle Acceleration, and allocated the Dial adjustment on the radio for this - i can quickly set how hard the car accelerates depending on the traction ie

2) I used to run ABS, but don't anymore. It drains too much battery power and could cause damage to the servo.

The 3PK seems to drain more battery than other radio's I have owned, so I switch of the LCD Backlight (not needed for day racing) and also I switch off the LED Light (never look at it anyway), this saves quiet abit of battery life.

Im2lazy 04-04-2003 12:03 AM

Don't use abs. As Nova said, it drains batteries and can create dead spots in servos after time.

Another reason not to use it is that it would take a very long time to procure a reasonably good setting, and you would probably be better off if you trained your throttle finger to keep out of situations where abs would be useful. This is a point where man is better than machine.

Michael_T 04-04-2003 12:56 AM

I assign these 3 things to the dials on the radio

1. Throttle Acceleration (dial switch on top of radio) - If there is heaps of traction I dial this up so the car shoots out of corners

2. Brake ATL (switch on handle) - I use this to adjust my brakes. If the brakes lock up, I will back of the brakes, if the car doesn't stop in time, I add more ATL

3. D/R Steering (switch on handle) - Add more steering turn or less steering turn - good way of slightly increasing/reducing oversteer (not the best way of doing it, but it does help)

Most of these can be adjusted during a pit stop or down our long straight :)

SHARP 04-04-2003 02:35 AM

Are you using High Response version? How long can you race with 2 digital servos before needing recharge?
Which shop did you buy it from?

SHARP 04-05-2003 02:50 AM

does PCM and HRS and Normal FM use the same crystals?

InitialD 04-06-2003 10:07 PM

Originally posted by SHARP
does PCM and HRS and Normal FM use the same crystals?
Yes.

CS Lo 04-08-2003 12:13 AM

BTW, what are the function/setting that you ppl use most in the 3PK ?

and what are the diferences in funtion/setting comparing to other controller ?